Where Have All the Lefties Gone?

Chef Jim

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good. Public schools can't do the job...so rather than fund them, pay for kids to go to private schools instead. Stupid-ass program.

And I loathe AFT and NEA as much as just about anything (less than al Qaeda and the Dolphins...but more than the Cowboys). And I still agree with them on this point.

You know where I stand on school choice and the teachers' unions. We took our daughter out of public schools (and no, it had nothing to do with religious belief).

It's amazing to me that you see your company doing well and naturally assume that ALL small businesses are doing well. It's amazing that you think because the small business you work for is hiring that ALL small businesses should be hiring. That's a dangerously narrow view and I can only hope that whomever owns the company you work for doesn't see things through your illogical spectacles.

Right, that's what I said. You might create more strawmen than anyone on this board.

I probably qualify as a lefty I guess, especially to righties. Honestly, the board's been kind of boring lately.

Chef Jim's not righty enough to get anyone's blood boiling.

BuffaloDonald is Amateur Hour personified, a complete joke (no debate about this).

OCInBuffalo has a similar problem AND is on ignore (which is kind of nice actually).

Magox continually posts 'We're Doomed' financial updates in BOLD, which kind of has the boy-who-cried-wolf effect.

LABillz chimes in in agreement with just about anything a righty says (while pretending to be an unbiased observer).

Joe In Macungie (see LABillz, no pretending though).

erynthered, Wacka and others I may have purposely blocked out of my mind have just not been living up to the hype lately.

All in all, I haven't had much to B word about and haven't seen too many righties bitching about anything worthwhile. Obama must be doing a better job than W did.

Don't worry though, it's bound to pick up soon.

As if your opinion has any value at all.

I felt slighted not being on his list :)

You have conservative tendencies, but are not generally serious enough to qualify. Whack-jobs don't usually have much of a sense of humor, to the point where they may have a hard time knowing when they are being made fun of.

Not with our business. We deal with clinical trials sites and private practice clinics. 'Shackled by excuses' was slightly tongue-in-cheek. I understand that there are small businesses that are struggling. Nobody said it's supposed to be easy though. We are thriving through hard work, good timing and good ideas. The American Dream if you will.

The quote you were citing...

It's amazing to me that you see your company doing well and naturally assume that ALL small businesses are doing well. It's amazing that you think because the small business you work for is hiring that ALL small businesses should be hiring. That's a dangerously narrow view and I can only hope that whomever owns the company you work for doesn't see things through your illogical spectacles.

Your resulting strawman. I'm not making **** up here.

The quote you were citing...

Your resulting strawman. I'm not making **** up here.

Okay, I'll give you that. I simply didn't read your post correctly, and so my response was a stretch.

Now, back to the topic: the issue is not just that companies are struggling but that the ones which are NOT struggling are afraid to add new employees BECAUSE of Obama's agenda. Can we agree on this very simple and obvious fact?

Now, back to the topic: the issue is not just that companies are struggling but that the ones which are NOT struggling are afraid to add new employees BECAUSE of Obama's agenda. Can we agree on this very simple and obvious fact?

I honestly don't think I know enough about it have an informed opinion either way.

That said, a statement like that seems pretty speculative to me. I'd have to see the numbers that indicate that succussful small businesses are not hiring. Even then you'd be making some pretty big assumptions about the reasons for it. 'Obama's agenda' is such a vague term.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that you're not laying it all out. All you're giving me is a sound bite.

You know it interesting when they had their run of bitching about the Bush administration the right put up a fight and was here regularly here. Now that the shoe is on the other foot it's become cricket city. They're showing the true wusses that they are.

Outside of the stupid war in Afghanistan, what is there to B word about with Obama? It's the congress that is keeping progress from happening, not him.

Ok I'm also pissed at Obama's lack of respect for my privacy. I don't like being spied on while I plot my overthrow of the gov't.

Anyways.. none of you folks have any legit criticisms of Obama. Even your old "he's spends too much" theory is headed out the window now as banks/auto makers pay back the loans.

Outside of the stupid war in Afghanistan, what is there to B word about with Obama? It's the congress that is keeping progress from happening, not him.

Ok I'm also pissed at Obama's lack of respect for my privacy. I don't like being spied on while I plot my overthrow of the gov't.

Anyways.. none of you folks have any legit criticisms of Obama. Even your old "he's spends too much" theory is headed out the window now as banks/auto makers pay back the loans.

Are you a real person or a comic strip?

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion.

National debt, worse

Annual deficits, worse

Unemployment, worse

Return on taxpayer investment in $787 billion stimulus, trending very poor. Huge political payback at taxpyer expense

Solution to health care reform, expensive, does not reduce costs, raises taxes.

Action on securing borders, none.

Gitmo, not closed and solution proposed is to simply move inmates to our soil. No benefit.

Irag, followng Bush plan to a "T"

Afganistan, slow to react before basically fulfilling 6 month old request

Cabinet and Czar appointees, riddled with tax cheats and people of questionable character and experience

Supreme court nominee, Racial biased and New Haven decision says it all

Omnibus bill, filled with eamarks, breaks campaign promise

My God, I could fill the page.

Please defend what this President is doing without pointing the finger at Bush. Defend what he has done and what he is doing.

You mean the TARP Plan that Bush launched that is being repaid at a faster rate then expected? Actually I think we can credit Obama for that. His heavy handed regulation of these companies has frightened them into repaying as fast as possible. The auto makers won't be making payments anytime soon. How's the return on the Stimulus investment looking to you? $787 billion and we've got what from that?

National debt, worse

Annual deficits, worse

Unemployment, worse False.

Return on taxpayer investment in $787 billion stimulus, trending very poor. Huge political payback at taxpyer expense I'll bet you've given up on Maybin already.

Solution to health care reform, expensive, does not reduce costs, raises taxes. Also False.

Action on securing borders, none. False.

Gitmo, not closed and solution proposed is to simply move inmates to our soil. No benefit. False.

Irag, followng Bush plan to a "T" Falose

Afganistan, slow to react before basically fulfilling 6 month oldrequest 12 month campaign promise.

Cabinet and Czar appointees, riddled with tax cheats and people of questionable character and experience...yeah, and?

Supreme court nominee, Racial biased and New Haven decision says it all Wow.

Omnibus bill, filled with eamarks, breaks campaign promise

My God, I could fill the page.

Please defend what this President is doing without pointing the finger at Bush. Defend what he has done and what he is doing.

My English major had a concentration in creative writing, I could fill the page too.