Where Have All the Lefties Gone?

Chef Jim

You know it interesting when they had their run of bitching about the Bush administration the right put up a fight and was here regularly here. Now that the shoe is on the other foot it's become cricket city. They're showing the true wusses that they are.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know it interesting when they had their run of bitching about the Bush administration the right put up a fight and was here regularly here. Now that the shoe is on the other foot it's become cricket city. They're showing the true wusses that they are.

Really? Dude, they're liberals. They don't know HOW to handle success. :censored:

I can only take one band of lunatics at a time.

What's there to talk about?

Obama has done moderately good stuff while Bush did dastardly bad stuff. Duh.

The real question is how come all the righties are just now getting pissed off about the government spending their money.

The real question is how come all the righties are just now getting pissed off about the government spending their money.

I've personally admitted to being asleep behind the wheel, so what's the noisy lefty excuses? Here's are equally good questions: how come the lefties have stopped bitching about going to war when we're adding 30,000 to Afghanistan, still in Iraq, and Guantanamo remains open (with no closure in site) in spite of a pledge to have it closed by now? Why have you stopped parading Cindy Sheehan and her message around, even though she's still out there protesting the wars? And how come you've STOPPED getting pissed about spending while Obama is setting new spending records?

The more people like myself admit having mistakenly been asleep, the more dudes like yourself who struggle for original thought get their logic destroyed.

At least you got the ownership correct.

Look at it this way, the money that was spent before was the life savings - not good, but not fatal. The money that's being spent now is borrowed from a loanshark, and you hope to die before he comes calling for the repayment.

Jesus, you just made me wish for a Bill Nye link to support man-made global warming.

So now, the media is against Obama and won't report on his accomplishments?

I like this one:

10. Limits on lobbyist's access to the White House

So one poor guy gets shut out of White House access.

(And of course it's Tom Donohue of the COC)

I've personally admitted to being asleep behind the wheel, so what's the noisy lefty excuses? Here's are equally good questions: how come the lefties have stopped bitching about going to war when we're adding 30,000 to Afghanistan, still in Iraq, and Guantanamo remains open (with no closure in site) in spite of a pledge to have it closed by now? Why have you stopped parading Cindy Sheehan and her message around, even though she's still out there protesting the wars? And how come you've STOPPED getting pissed about spending while Obama is setting new spending records?

The more people like myself admit having mistakenly been asleep, the more dudes like yourself who struggle for original thought get their logic destroyed.

Well, for starters, just because I don't B word here, doesn't mean I'm not bitching. I'm staunchly opposed to any foreign entanglements. Having said that, based on Dan Rather's report (fwiw), we're implementing much more "soft" diplomacy by building schools, etc. in Afghanistan. The mission has shifted from "fight them anywhere we can," and for that I'm minimally grateful. But, I'd still we rather not be there, or anywhere for that matter.

As for spending, I've never bitched about it one way or the other. If I've ever bitched about anything to do with spending it's pertained to the hypocrisy of Republicans who are just now in arms over the massive spending going on.

Look at it this way, the money that was spent before was the life savings - not good, but not fatal. The money that's being spent now is borrowed from a loanshark, and you hope to die before he comes calling for the repayment.

I've wondered if we'll someday get to a point where we just whip out our big military dicks and say, "!@#$ you, we're not paying you ****." Just to see what happens. I mean, what's the point in having a big military dick in the first place?

Jesus, you just made me wish for a Bill Nye link to support man-made global warming.

Make a stupid request, get a stupid response. To say Obama has done nothing good, is like saying Bush did nothing good, both statements originate from a voluntary blind spot.

I probably qualify as a lefty I guess, especially to righties. Honestly, the board's been kind of boring lately.

Chef Jim's not righty enough to get anyone's blood boiling.

BuffaloDonald is Amateur Hour personified, a complete joke (no debate about this).

OCInBuffalo has a similar problem AND is on ignore (which is kind of nice actually).

Magox continually posts 'We're Doomed' financial updates in BOLD, which kind of has the boy-who-cried-wolf effect.

LABillz chimes in in agreement with just about anything a righty says (while pretending to be an unbiased observer).

Joe In Macungie (see LABillz, no pretending though).

erynthered, Wacka and others I may have purposely blocked out of my mind have just not been living up to the hype lately.

All in all, I haven't had much to B word about and haven't seen too many righties bitching about anything worthwhile. Obama must be doing a better job than W did.

Don't worry though, it's bound to pick up soon.

I like this one:

Holy crap that's where he ended up? Is Chris Mortensen writing articles about how great the COC has become?

Having said that, based on Dan Rather's report (fwiw), we're implementing much more "soft" diplomacy by building schools, etc. in Afghanistan. The mission has shifted from "fight them anywhere we can," and for that I'm minimally grateful.

Point of note: that's a change in the reporting, not the policy. The mission in Afghanistan has always strongly involved building up basic infrastructure.

I like this one:

I like how they list the same thing multiple times. :censored:

I like how they list the same thing multiple times. :censored:

What I appreciate is that only a DailyKos liberal could make a list of "accomplishments" where most of them start with "He asked for...." or "He announced his intention to..." Or one of my favorites, "He instituted a new focus on..."

It reminds of a scene from "The Three Amigos," where they get a telegram which they believe has been sent to them from "The Infamous El Guapo." Chevy Chase asks them what "infamous" means, and Martin Short explains that it must mean that he is "more than famous. He's not just famous," he explains, "He's IN-famous," to which Chevy Chase replies in awe, "Wow. Really? In Famous? IN-Famous. Wow."

I see the DailyKos dolts standing around saying "Wow. He instituted a new focus? IN-stituted? Wow."

Fkuing idiots.

Here's an accomplishment he'll be proud to claim - hanging tight with the Teachers Unions.

"Effectively, Congress's failure to act to reauthorize this program will send well over 1,000 children to failing and, too often, unsafe schools," the letter states. "That result would, in our view, constitute a moral failing of the highest order on all of our parts."

"The National Education Association strongly opposes any extension of the District of Columbia private school voucher ('DC Opportunity Scholarship') program," Van Roekel wrote in a March 5, 2009 letter. "We expect that Members of Congress who support public education, and whom we have supported, will stand firm against any proposal to extend the pilot program. Actions associated with these issues WILL be included in the NEA Legislative Report Card for the 111th Congress."

"The Center for Responsive Politics and the National Institute on Money in State Politics recently released data showing that the NEA topped the chart as the number one national donor during the 2007-08 election cycle, shelling out $57.6 million in combined federal and state contributions. The NEA's and AFT's 2007-08 contributions meant that "America's two teachers' unions outspent AT&T, Goldman Sachs, Wal-Mart, Microsoft, General Electric, Chevron, Pfizer, Morgan Stanley, Lockheed Martin, FedEx, Boeing, Merrill Lynch, Exxon Mobil, Lehman Brothers, and the Walt Disney Corporation,
combined
."

Here's an accomplishment he'll be proud to claim - hanging tight with the Teachers Unions.

"Effectively, Congress's failure to act to reauthorize this program will send well over 1,000 children to failing and, too often, unsafe schools," the letter states. "That result would, in our view, constitute a moral failing of the highest order on all of our parts."

"The National Education Association strongly opposes any extension of the District of Columbia private school voucher ('DC Opportunity Scholarship') program," Van Roekel wrote in a March 5, 2009 letter. "We expect that Members of Congress who support public education, and whom we have supported, will stand firm against any proposal to extend the pilot program. Actions associated with these issues WILL be included in the NEA Legislative Report Card for the 111th Congress."

"The Center for Responsive Politics and the National Institute on Money in State Politics recently released data showing that the NEA topped the chart as the number one national donor during the 2007-08 election cycle, shelling out $57.6 million in combined federal and state contributions. The NEA's and AFT's 2007-08 contributions meant that "America's two teachers' unions outspent AT&T, Goldman Sachs, Wal-Mart, Microsoft, General Electric, Chevron, Pfizer, Morgan Stanley, Lockheed Martin, FedEx, Boeing, Merrill Lynch, Exxon Mobil, Lehman Brothers, and the Walt Disney Corporation,
combined
."

I'm going to have to get a ruling on this post :censored: