Dontcha love this headline

Bill wanted to spend too much of my money according to Jeff Littman. And then he yelled at my daughter because her advice wasn't good enough. Fortunately, I'm still making money years later and Russ Brandon is going to get me Mike Shanahan.

Signed,

Ralphie

So true.

As an aside, I sent him a letter after he was forced to leave the Bills. I felt compelled to thank him for everything that he did for Buffalo and the Bills. He sent me a nice letter back.

Our history would have been so different if he had stayed with the Bills. Instead, the bean counter Jeff Littman is still around. That did not work out so well for us. This was probably the single worst mistake the Buffalo Bills (Ralph) have ever made.

So true.

As an aside, I sent him a letter after he was forced to leave the Bills. I felt compelled to thank him for everything that he did for Buffalo and the Bills. He sent me a nice letter back.

Our history would have been so different if he had stayed with the Bills. Instead, the bean counter Jeff Littman is still around. That did not work out so well for us. This was probably the single worst mistake the Buffalo Bills (Ralph) have ever made.

What year was this?

May God rest her soul. But trusting a family member was another move (done frequently elsewhere) that rarely works out. And RW had her scouting for this franchise without any qualifications.

God bless and RIP.

But she had absolutely no business whatsoever having any say when it came to the Bills. It's quite unfortunate that Ralph screwed that up so royally. As successful a business man he was/is that is one mistake this team has never recovered from.

“That’s how I’ve always done it [building through the draft] and that’s how I’m going to keep doing it until it doesn’t work,” he said with a chuckle. “We look for athletic ability, for what we call football temperament and aggressiveness, a love for the game and durability. We want players who have the ability to process information.”

• Building through the draft? Nope, we suck at that.
  • Athletic ability? Under Donahoe, we looked for overachievers and "high-motors".
  • Football temperament, aggressiveness, and love of the game? Exhibit A: Trent "I'm not a fan" Edwards.
  • Durability? Exhibit B: legions of walking wounded and the never-ending IR bonanza. :thumbsup:
  • Players with firing neurons? Exhibit C: Losman, McKelvin, Roscoe, Bongs Away Lynch.

Meanwhile Polian keeps racking up wins in a small market, which used to be known more for auto racing.

• Building through the draft? Nope, we suck at that.
  • Athletic ability? Under Donahoe, we looked for overachievers and "high-motors".
  • Football temperament, aggressiveness, and love of the game? Exhibit A: Trent "I'm not a fan" Edwards.
  • Durability? Exhibit B: legions of walking wounded and the never-ending IR bonanza. :censored:
  • Players with firing neurons? Exhibit C: Losman, McKelvin, Roscoe, Bongs Away Lynch.

Meanwhile Polian keeps racking up wins in a small market, which used to be known more for auto racing.

Whewww!! I was concerned that there was actually going to be a conversation concerning throw $10 mil per at a head coach, and how that is not the answer to rebuilding our franchise. I really enjoyed the article, and thought that it is kind of telling of the direction we should take... but why think about the future when you can ALWAYS be right by trashing the past?

Article sez only 4 players on their roster have ever played a game for another team, 2 of which are kickers (Vinieteri & Stover).

That's an incredible stat in this era.

An aside, why do they have 2 kickers? One hurt?

I think Vinieteri was hurt earlier this year.

I love how people just act like they would let another man call their daughter a see you next tuesday. Polian is one of the best no doubt but we still we loaded in the front office department (Butler and AJ Smith). AJ Smith has been every good of a GM as Polian has. If we kept him, we won't be looking at a decade long playoff drought.

And for as great as Polian is, how good would Indy be without taking Manning with the #1 overall pick? Polian was very fortunate to be in very good situations (#1 overall picks in Buffalo and Indy, and a ton of top 10 picks for the expansion Panthers).

I love how people just act like they would let another man call their daughter a see you next tuesday. Polian is one of the best no doubt but we still we loaded in the front office department (Butler and AJ Smith). AJ Smith has been every good of a GM as Polian has. If we kept him, we won't be looking at a decade long playoff drought.

And for as great as Polian is, how good would Indy be without taking Manning with the #1 overall pick? Polian was very fortunate to be in very good situations (#1 overall picks in Buffalo and Indy, and a ton of top 10 picks for the expansion Panthers).

They have also built an OL that could protect him.

Whewww!! I was concerned that there was actually going to be a conversation concerning throw $10 mil per at a head coach, and how that is not the answer to rebuilding our franchise. I really enjoyed the article, and thought that it is kind of telling of the direction we should take... but why think about the future when you can ALWAYS be right by trashing the past?

No, throwing 10M per to be GM and HC is not the solution to this team's woes and I too enjoyed reading about Polian and his way of building a NFL team.

These past 10 years have taken a lot out of those fans who aren't just casual observers. However, it remains our right to complain about the team we follow closely as they bumble through another bad season.

The W-L record is bad enough, but the team's future is not to be ignored.