'Men of a Certain Age' premiers tonight...

The Poojer

It looks like a show about middle-aged guys sitting around talking about how they're getting old and their priorities change and crap like that. If it is... it'll bomb. Guys, of any age, don't want to watch a show about other guys sitting around talking about their life. That's what chicks do. Guys want: action, sex, or comedy. It's pretty simple. So if no one's getting shot at or hookin up with hot babes regualry or a straight up comedy, its over before it began.

what is SAMCRO?

--- edit --- n/m looks like its the acronym for Sons of Anarchy...have yet to see it despite hearing some great things about it

Speaking of awesome shows, SAMCRO's been putting on a show as of late. Last week's episode was the mother of all shows for dudes.

Setting the Tivo. I was a fan of Andre Braugher on "Homicide: Life on the Street". He owned* that role.

"He who loses control, loses."

*Of course, everyone on that show was awesome. It's amazing how good actors can be when they have great scripts, directors, and DPs, right?

It loses points for having hotties for wives instead of the more realistic looking ones that drive men to other distractions.

"The hot ones drive you to other distractions like, hotesses, waitresses & Perkins managers." - E. Woods

This Tiger thing is like comedic toy chest.

It loses points for having hotties for wives instead of the more realistic looking ones that drive men to other distractions.

Sounds like every family sitcom for the last 20 years. Average, dopey schlep married to some wise cracking babe. Hooray for originality.

Sounds like every family sitcom for the last 20 years. Average, dopey schlep married to some wise cracking babe. Hooray for originality.

Not really, it's pretty original IMO. I wouldn't call them scheps either, looks like they make a good buck, I guess it depends on your definition. And really only the one has a real hot wife, the other is average, but she gets extra points for her love of football! And the dude with a hot wife still gets caught checking out other hot chicks. Very funny show, definitely geared toward dudes, I have laughed my a$$ off in all but one episode so far. The other one was still funny, but just not as good as the others...

No, it's definitely not your average watered down family sitcom. It's pretty raunchy with most of the jokes centered around the league members busting each others balls. Check it out on hulu. The most recent episode was a bit weak, but the first three or four were stellar in my opinion.

Speaking of awesome shows, SAMCRO's been putting on a show as of late. Last week's episode was the mother of all shows for dudes.

Sons is the best show on TV right now.

HBO missed on Mad Men and Sons....somebody over there needs to get their act together. Two shows which would absolutely kick ass on real cable.

Watched 'Men of a Certain Age" last night. Turned it off right after the opossum got ran over three times by a quad cab pickup then walked away. Stupid.

Yea, I watched the whole thing..but never really enjoyed it at all. Couple of little smirks, but thats about it.Series is set to record, will watch it one more time next week