It's Official, Clausen Entering The Draft

H2o

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:devil::lol::censored:

OK, I'm over it. Now let me apologize in advance for my next 4 months of posts which will make even BlueFire's campaign to draft Vince Young in '06 look pale.

I'll start with:

- Strong Arm

- Surgical accuracy

- Cold-weather tested

- Pro-style offense

- 3-year starter

- Moxie

His accuracy makes Jake Locker look like JaMarcus Russell and his toughness makes Sam Bradford look like Rob Johnson. If ND's defense could stop a high school, he'd be preparing for a BCS bowl and clearing a space on his mantle for the Heisman.

He is the truth.

I don't follow college ball, but if your post is even close to being accurate, the Bills should definitely lose their next four games. And potentially consider trading up to get this guy. When you don't have a quarterback, and there's a franchise quarterback available, you pay the price you need to pay to get him.

LMAO

Clausen will be lucky to be drafted in the 1st half of the 1st round.

The guy has done very little to be excited about...

but like Maybin the Bills would probably draft him instead of going after real immediate impact players liek usual

YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

2009 289 425 3722 68.0 8.76 88 28 4 24 161.43

yes this is really terrible numbers for a QB to have, whats so exciting about this. I would take him over any of the qb's that we have and from personal experience in playing against him in high school he really is one of the best qb's that i have seen.

Look, you are smarter than this.

1. I don't know where you are getting your weather data and I don't know the game time temperatures for the games you listed. I do know I lived in South Bend for 4 years and froze my dick off during October and November games. 70 degrees in early November? Hardly...

You must be a wuss. Here's the data, sir...

South Bend Nov 09 (N.B. 11/7/09 - 70 degrees)

South Bend Nov 08 (N.B. 11/3/08 - 73 degrees)

South Bend Nov 07

Folks seem to just blindly make the claim that he's 'cold-weather tested' - erroneously thinking that, just because it gets wintry in South Bend, that Wanker-Punk has played in wintry weather - it just ain't so!

2. Your definition of how well he responds to cold weather seems to be in wins and losses. The point of the discussion of how adverse weather would potentially affect a player is how well that individual player played. You bring up the Stanford game as if it should be counted against him. Do you think completing 77% of your passes for 340 yards, 5 TDs and no INTs is the mark of not playing well in the cold? If Trent Edwards had gone 23-30 340 yds 5 TDs vs. the Browns in that snow bowl in '08 and we had lost 45-38, would you say he can't play well in the snow?

If Fanning Fan Edwards EVER had gone 23-30 for 340 yards and 5 TDs against ANY COLLEGE OR PRO TEAM in ANY WEATHER, I'd pay The Dean's bar bill for a year. The fact that Wanker-Punk did in in sunny Palo Alto does not prove him 'cold-weather tested'. Nor do his 41 yards-0 TDs-2 INTs in a losing effort at USC in '08, 110 yards-0 TDs-2 INTs in a loss to Navy, or 226 yard-0 TDs-4 INTs in a losing effort at BC. Guy just does not seem to have won many games (15W/18L) either.

3. Even if every "cold weather game" he played at ND didn't meet your standard for "cold enough", the guy has lived in that arctic hole for 3 years. I'll concede that living in cold weather is not the same as playing professional football in it, but the point is that this will not be a Roscoe "I'm afraid of snow" situation. Clausen has spent significant time living in a climate that stacks up with Buffalo in almost every regard.

So what? Edwards has lived in Buffalo longer than Clausen has in South Bend - does that make him a 'cold-weather QB'?

Gimme a guy that grew up in this crap - a guy from East Brady, PA maybe - a guy from anyplace where he had a ball as a kid playing football in icy, sub-zero, blizzard-like weather every year - that's a 'cold-weather QB'.

You don't like the guy...got it. I don't know him personally either...maybe he's a douche, maybe he's not. Football wise, he'll be your best friend if Buffalo calls his name in April.

That picture of Wanker-Punk and his queer Speedo buddies should forever disqualify him from any consideration as the Bills next QB project....

'Cold-Weather Tested'

:ph34r:

South Bend Nov 07

Folks seem to just blindly make the claim that he's 'cold-weather tested' - erroneously thinking that, just because it gets wintry in South Bend, that Wanker-Punk has played in wintry weather - it just ain't so!

If Fanning Fan Edwards EVER had gone 23-30 for 340 yards and 5 TDs against ANY COLLEGE OR PRO TEAM in ANY WEATHER, I'd pay The Dean's bar bill for a year. The fact that Wanker-Punk did in in sunny Palo Alto does not prove him 'cold-weather tested'. Nor do his 41 yards-0 TDs-2 INTs in a losing effort at USC in '08, 110 yards-0 TDs-2 INTs in a loss to Navy, or 226 yard-0 TDs-4 INTs in a losing effort at BC. Guy just does not seem to have won many games (15W/18L) either.

So what? Edwards has lived in Buffalo longer than Clausen has in South Bend - does that make him a 'cold-weather QB'?

Gimme a guy that grew up in this crap - a guy from East Brady, PA maybe - a guy from anyplace where he had a ball as a kid playing football in icy, sub-zero, blizzard-like weather every year - that's a 'cold-weather QB'.

That picture of Wanker-Punk and his queer Speedo buddies should forever disqualify him from any consideration as the Bills next QB project....

'Cold-Weather Tested'

I guess you'd rather have Graham Harrell? :ph34r: You'll just be another one saying, "I wish we would've made a move to get Clausen somehow in the draft," by week 6 of next season. :ph34r:

Be careful being to high on ND players. They get a lot of press and attention because of their national TV exposure.. much more that they deserve in most cases. If Clausen was on different team with NDs record, no one would be talking about him the way that they are now.

Be careful being to high on ND players. They get a lot of press and attention because of their national TV exposure.. much more that they deserve in most cases. If Clausen was on different team with NDs record, no one would be talking about him the way that they are now.

Josh Freeman had a losing record at K State, 5-7 during his last year. Flacco played 1AA. If you said this about Brady Quinn I would agree with you. The difference is Clausen has been highly regarded since his sophmore year of high school. He was also the #1 high school player. So he's been performing at this level for a very long time. If you watched any ND games this year, you'd know his offensive line was absolutely horrible and he had no running game. Despite all of that, he threw for 28 TD's and only 4 int's. He brought his team back game after game and rarely made any mistakes during those comebacks. His biggest problem was that he couldn't play defense. He is young and he had a cocky reputation but he's 21 and by all accounts, he grew up a ton this season and became the team leader. I hate ND but it is impossible not to be a fan of what Clausen did this year. I'd take him over anyone not name Ndamakong Suh.

People wouldn't be talking about a guy passing at 68%/3700 yards/28 TD/4 INTs in a pro style offense at Michigan or Miami? Really?

Fact is, it's the opposite situation here. Clausen hasn't received nearly the recognition he would have playing at a big name school with more recent success. He didn't get any press for at least half the season while everyone slobberred over Tebow, McCoy and Bradford. It wasn't until people started noticing that Clausen was running one of the most dynamic offenses in the country that he started getting some attention.

South Bend Nov 07

:ph34r: Global warming I tell you! Avg high for the month is like 47!

You found 2 days where the temperature hit 70 which happened to be 2 degrees off the all-time record high. They should call it South Beach instead of South Bend.

I might be a wuss but I'm just reporting my experiences. A flask of Jim Beam saved my sorry ass several times during November home games....although maybe the weather had nothing to do with that.

Folks seem to just blindly make the claim that he's a "California QB" - erroneously thinking that, just because he was born in SoCal, that he will be like RJ, JP or Trent - it just ain't so!

See how that works? :ph34r:

I get your overaching point though...rumors and reputations get built often times became they seem to make sense without actually having any empirical evidence.

I got it switched and thought Stanford was home this year. Doesn't matter. You can cherry pick 3 of his 4 career worst statistical games from his sophomore year where he and the entire team were shitting the bed. And citing his W/L record is like saying Chris Johnson sucks because the Titans are 5-7. That's how much Clausen caused many of those losses. The point is he was an almost-unstoppable force this year. He was one of the best QBs in the nation and will be the best pro of this crop.

Fair enough...but there is a difference IMO. And he might not have grown up throwing ice chunks in Fargo, but the guy has shown no conceivable sign that bad weather affects him. College ball is the most impressionable time in these guys' careers. I never said he was a "cold weather QB" just that he was cold-weather tested. And I believe his experience in South Bend will show to have adequately prepared him. Time will tell...

'Cold-Weather Tested'

No comment...if that's him then, ugghh. Like I said, he could be a douche...don't know him.

Overall I think that's a good point about guys leaving school early. One of the things I like about Clausen (other than the mechanics and personality), is that he's been a 3 year starter and has made noticable improvement each year. He got thrown to the wolves as a freshman but toughed it out on a crappy team. The last two seasons he's started every game. He'll be 23 next September and has over 30 starts in college so I think that alleviates the concern about being an underclassman.

Just curious, what are some of the things you like about his personality?

People wouldn't be talking about a guy passing at 68%/3700 yards/28 TD/4 INTs in a pro style offense at Michigan or Miami? Really?

Fact is, it's the opposite situation here. Clausen hasn't received nearly the recognition he would have playing at a big name school with more recent success. He didn't get any press for at least half the season while everyone slobberred over Tebow, McCoy and Bradford. It wasn't until people started noticing that Clausen was running one of the most dynamic offenses in the country that he started getting some attention.

lol..i swear this isn't personal, despite quoting you two times. :ph34r:

I just have to mention how i couldn't disagree more with your statement, which I highlighted. Yes, they haven't been in a national championship, but can it really get anymore "big name" than Notre Dame? ALL of their games are nationally televised. The reason he hasn't gotten any press is b/c Weis blocks the sun (both literally and figuratively). And because up until this seaon, he hadn't really lived up to the hype. Yes, he had been good, but not excellent like he was this season.

Again, nothing personal with the quotes! :ph34r:

Just curious, what are some of the things you like about his personality?

Intense, fiery leader, strong passion to win. He's matured significantly over the past two years. And he doesn't cry if he loses.

Some people think he's a douche and maybe that's true. So were Kelly and Marino.

lol..i swear this isn't personal, despite quoting you two times. :ph34r:

I just have to mention how i couldn't disagree more with your statement, which I highlighted. Yes, they haven't been in a national championship, but can it really get anymore "big name" than Notre Dame? ALL of their games are nationally televised. The reason he hasn't gotten any press is b/c Weis blocks the sun (both literally and figuratively). And because up until this seaon, he hadn't really lived up to the hype. Yes, he had been good, but not excellent like he was this season.

Again, nothing personal with the quotes! :ph34r:

No problem at all! :ph34r:

I'm not disputing that ND is high profile. I'm saying that dispute that, Clausen has not received nearly the coverage and accolades for his personal performance as the top 3 (in terms of hype) QBs this year, partly due to the Weis saga (I agree with that), and partly because ND has a crappy defense that blew games they should have won.

McCoy is a Heisman favorite and Clausen has never been mentioned as a candidate. Yet who played better this season? Who showed up against his teams' toughest opponents? Attention and credibility follow wins, not individual performance, and so Clausen has been undervalued.

Intense, fiery leader, strong passion to win. He's matured significantly over the past two years. And he doesn't cry if he loses.

Some people think he's a douche and maybe that's true. So were Kelly and Marino.

Fair enough. I'm not that big on him (strictly personality, though I obviously never met the guy), but I like to see how other people feel. He def. may have the best tools out of the group coming out this year; we'll see how he is between the ears at the next level. He still has a lot more growing up to do though (imo)