It's Official, Clausen Entering The Draft

H2o

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No surprise there. It'll be interesting to see how the QBs grade out. There's no clear-cut number one. They may all have to throw at the Combine and not just their pro days. Hopefully Clausen, Bradford and Locker all look good and we get shot at one. Of course if Suh is somehow available, all bets are off.

:devil::lol::censored:

OK, I'm over it. Now let me apologize in advance for my next 4 months of posts which will make even BlueFire's campaign to draft Vince Young in '06 look pale.

I'll start with:

- Strong Arm

- Surgical accuracy

- Cold-weather tested

- Pro-style offense

- 3-year starter

- Moxie

His accuracy makes Jake Locker look like JaMarcus Russell and his toughness makes Sam Bradford look like Rob Johnson. If ND's defense could stop a high school, he'd be preparing for a BCS bowl and clearing a space on his mantle for the Heisman.

He is the truth.

I think that Clausen is clearly the best choice if the Bills were to draft a QB in this draft. The biggest problem with the QB's that we have had recently haven't had the arm strength to get it down field. Clausen has a gun and throws ropes 40 yards downfield. While they are at it, they can bring in Golden Tate too.

Interesting point about Clausen playing away from home.

They mention Bradford and McCoy playing in their home states, and you can add Tebow, Locker, Pike and Mallett (after transferring from Michigan).

Trent Edwards played a few miles from his home, and JP started near his home at UCLA, before transferring to Tulane.

Fitz, from Arizona, went to Harvard after not receiving a scholarship offer from his home state's schools.

Personally, I think Clausen is the clear-cut #1 QB in the upcoming draft. I think Bradford is 2nd and Pike 3rd even thought the "experts" will want to put Locker in there.

His accuracy makes Jake Locker look like JaMarcus Russell and his toughness makes Sam Bradford look like Rob Johnson. If ND's defense could stop a high school, he'd be preparing for a BCS bowl and clearing a space on his mantle for the Heisman.

Have you guys gotten to see Locker? Everything I've read sounds great, but I don't think he's been on once in the NYC area. How many/which U-Dub games have you gotten to see?

:devil::lol::censored:

OK, I'm over it. Now let me apologize in advance for my next 4 months of posts which will make even BlueFire's campaign to draft Vince Young in '06 look pale.

I'll start with:

- Strong Arm

- Surgical accuracy

- Cold-weather tested

- Pro-style offense

- 3-year starter

- Moxie

He is the truth.

I keep reading 'Cold-weather tested' - what's the coldest weather Clausen ever played in?

I know it doesn't get all that cold in South Bend until after late November, and the only games Jimmy played for ND after mid-Nov were in LA, Palo Alto, and Hawaii. Did Oaks Christian H.S. play some cold weather games in Westlake Village, CA? :unsure:

Have you guys gotten to see Locker? Everything I've read sounds great, but I don't think he's been on once in the NYC area. How many/which U-Dub games have you gotten to see?

Seen Locker play 6 or 7 times in the last couple of years. Good athlete. Decent pocket presence. Inconsistently accurate. Seems to have good command of the huddle and is the leader of the offense. Doesn't have the strongest of arms, but it's alright. Not ready and should stay for his Senior year.

I keep reading 'Cold-weather tested' - what's the coldest weather Clausen ever played in?

I know it doesn't get all that cold in South Bend until after late November, and the only games Jimmy played for ND after mid-Nov were in LA, Palo Alto, and Hawaii. Did Oaks Christian H.S. play some cold weather games in Westlake Village, CA? :lol:

It's commonly in the 40's from mid October on, colder in the night games at home of course, in South Bend. It's along the same lines of what Pike has played in while at Cincy. Nothing like the firgid temps they have down there at TTU though where the genius resides. :devil:

Yup.

There's no such thing as a sure-fire pick, especially at QB, but I've yet to read anything on this board (or anywhere else) that provides a valid critique of his game to suggest he is not the front runner in the 2010 draft class. Anyone I've spoken to who watched him all year has been very impressed with his game.

His detractors seem to be limited to the usual "Notre Dame sucks! Brady Quinn sucks! Anyone from California sucks!" nonsense.

And even if people don't like the idea of drafting a QB in the first round, Clausen is a sure fire top ten pick, meaning this puts the Bills one pick closer to whoever they are (hopefully) targeting.

I'd look for a top-flight DT/ DE (Suh) in the first, and either trade up to the later portion of the first round or stay high in the 2nd round and get the LT we need. Then, if a QB is available in the third (I really like Cincy's Pike) take a QB then.

We need our lines to be built now.

Schobel is only aging, Kelsay is overpaid and aging, Stroud is aging...

We need to overhaul the front office and get a real GM. I will be more willing to trust those decisions when this is in place.

As far as Tebow is concerned- Bills and Chargers great front office man- Buddy Nix- scouts the SEC. Given the fact that he now has a full year back with the organization, whoever we select from the SEC will have his blessing.

If we draft a Tebow, then I will be all for it, because of Nix. If we don't, I will be happy- because of Nix.

I watched Clausen play Syracuse in 2008 in some winter weather last November. He was harrassed all day by Arthur Jones and the Syracuse defense and still managed to put up 22-39 for 300 yards with 2 TD's and no int's in a losing effort.

It's a snapshot but compare that to TE and the disaster versus Cleveland last year. Clausen can play in any weather.

I know it doesn't get all that cold in South Bend until after late November, and the only games Jimmy played for ND after mid-Nov were in LA, Palo Alto, and Hawaii. Did Oaks Christian H.S. play some cold weather games in Westlake Village, CA? :devil:

We'll need to start losing some more games if we are going to have a shot at Clausen. Probably top 5...

LMAO

Clausen will be lucky to be drafted in the 1st half of the 1st round.

The guy has done very little to be excited about...

but like Maybin the Bills would probably draft him instead of going after real immediate impact players liek usual

LMAO

but like Maybin the Bills would probably draft him instead of going after real immediate impact players liek usual

I don't think he is top 5 talent, but I think he is the best QB in a weak bunch this year. The top QB always goes high, if it is warranted or not.

LMAO

Finkle is right.

Clausen is the first QB taken in April. I would even go out on a limb and say that Clausen is not only a top 5 pick, but a top 3 pick.