I wonder if our QB woes will get resolved this offseason.

DarthICE

I am not happy with Tebow, Clausen or McCoy. If Bradford is still around in the 2nd then I take a flyer on him. Other than that, I dont' see anyone that will come in and be that savior we need.

I think this draft we need to take a stud LT or DE or DT and start rebuilding these ****ty lines we have. If a guy like Bradford or Pike is there in the 2nd, take them but lets not put all our eggs in one basket as for as they are concerned.

Typical Bills luck huh? Maybe a top 5-7 pick and no real QB worth a damn to pick. <_<

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not happy with Tebow, Clausen or McCoy. If Bradford is still around in the 2nd then I take a flyer on him. Other than that, I dont' see anyone that will come in and be that savior we need.

I think this draft we need to take a stud LT or DE or DT and start rebuilding these ****ty lines we have. If a guy like Bradford or Pike is there in the 2nd, take them but lets not put all our eggs in one basket as for as they are concerned.

Typical Bills luck huh? Maybe a top 5-7 pick and no real QB worth a damn to pick. <_<

I don't think any of those guys are real franchise guys anyway. Seems like we'll need to take a flyer on a Pike or a Locker and hope that he's the guy.

If Pike comes out, and he is there in the 2nd, I say take him, no questions asked.

There is something I just like about the kid. That last drive to get the win really impressed me. He was calm, lead the team and when the pressure was on, hit a perfect pass for a TD. He has 3 years experience I think as well. This is the kid that might end up being the next Joe Flacco

There is something I just like about the kid. That last drive to get the win really impressed me. He was calm, lead the team and when the pressure was on, hit a perfect pass for a TD. He has 3 years experience I think as well. This is the kid that might end up being the next Joe Flacco

Pike is a gamer, but Pike's physical skills don't come close to Flacco's. Pike kind of reminds me of that QB from Miami when McGahee played who is still bouncing round the NFL.

Guest dog14787

I like Tebow, he reminds me of Jim Kelly a little, same strong frame and build, big arm, gutsy as hell, there's allot to like about the young fella in my opinion and we have to be looking at this closely, this could be our QB of the future.

Its also possible Losman or Bollinger may be a good choice for a football team looking for a starting QB. They are both ready to step in and take over the starting role after a preseason of preparation.

I like Tebow, he reminds me of Jim Kelly a little, same strong frame and build, big arm, gutsy as hell, there's allot to like about the young fella in my opinion and we have to be looking at this closely, this could be our QB of the future.

Its also possible Losman or Bollinger may be a good choice for a football team looking for a starting QB. They are both ready to step in and take over the starting role after a preseason of preparation.

You give results in the minors way too much weight. Gibran Hamdan was MVP of NFL Europe and it didn't prove he was "ready to step in and take over the starting role after a preseason of preparation". You live in a JP fantasy land.

WHAT?? WHAT??

The are only two similarities between Kelly and Tebow. One is size and the other is leadership. Coming out of college Kelly was a throwing machine. He had a huge arm, was fairly accurate and was unanimously viewed and a 1st round draft choice. Tebow is a great kid and an undisputed leader. The fact that Tebow's throwing ability is questioned should scare the crap out of every team in the league. I've seen a lot of his play since my father in law lives in Gainesville and I just haven't seen the throwing consistency I'd like. The kid has all day to throw, and by all day I mean > 5 seconds and he still makes some terrible throws. I just think it's too big a risk.

Frankly, if you put Fitzpatrick behind that Gators OL he'd look like Brett freaking Favre

Guest dog14787
You give results in the minors way too much weight. Gibran Hamdan was MVP of NFL Europe and it didn't prove he was "ready to step in and take over the starting role after a preseason of preparation". You live in a JP fantasy land.

Bollinger and Losman are much better QB's then Hamdan and don't forget how much experience JP already has in the NFL.

There was a time when Fairchild and Losman were on the same page and JP was connecting with Lee Evans the way a starting QB is supposed to connect with his number one WR.

It wasn't a fluke, it was the closest thing JP ever had to an OC that knew what the hell he was doing which is really funny if you think about it.

I hear the chances of Clausen declaring for the draft are quite good. I'm not advocating the guy...haven't seen enough of him.

It's just odd that his name hasn't come up in this thread. He has all the tools, was coached in a pro-style offense, etc.

This guy reminds me to much like Rick Mirer and everyone should know how well that worked out for Seattle or whoever ended up with him. He came from a pro-style too and it didn't translate to well.

Did you watch yesterday's Florida vs Alabama game? Everything that is bad about Tebow but is normally masked by the huge talent differential between the Gators and most of the other NCAA teams was readily apparent in that game (horrible throwing mechanics, questionable judgement, you name it) . Tebow will need a lot of work before he can step onto an NFL field as a QB.

Losman and Bollinger starting in the NFL next season? Losman could not even impress the Colts enough to merit a spot on their practice squad. And Bollinger is a perennial 3rd stringer who couldn't even make an NFL roster this year.

Flacco has a HUGE arm, Pike has an avg. arm at best.

I wonder about Devlin from Deleware. I'm not sure if he has another year left in college or not. But I didn't think he looked to bad at Penn State and heard he was doing good in Deleware. Has anybody seen him play this year ? Lets hope that Brohm impress the coaches enough that we can work on our ofensive and defensive lines. It would be nice to get offensive tackle in the first round.

Did you watch yesterday's Florida vs Alabama game? Everything that is bad about Tebow but is normally masked by the huge talent differential between the Gators and most of the other NCAA teams was readily apparent in that game (horrible throwing mechanics, questionable judgement, you name it) . Tebow will need a lot of work before he can step onto an NFL field as a QB.

Losman and Bollinger starting in the NFL next season? Losman could not even impress the Colts enough to merit a spot on their practice squad. And Bollinger is a perennial 3rd stringer who couldn't even make an NFL roster this year.

My assumption is that Tebow will be converted to TE / H-back.

Whoever comes in will likely cut ties with Edwards (deservedly). Count me in as being intrigued by Pike.

The question is what do you mean by resolve (I am trying to resist us getting into a dispute like one where it depends on what we mean by a word like "is").

I simply see no way that acquisition of a QB unproven in the pro ranks (the definition of any draftee) is going to resolve Bills issues at QB.

Let's say that we somehow end up with a QB of Peyton Manning level of play (a fantasy which will not happen). The Colts racked up a record of something like 3-13 which put them in a position to draft Manning. He led them to a record of 3-13 in his rookie year which ended up giving them the same lofty draft position so they could then draft Edgerrin James.

The coverage and fury surrounding fan and media scrutiny of the QB has only intensified since Manning was chosen. If the Bills were to pick a QB in the draft who somehow immediately stepped up to win the starting role but then was the starting QB on a team which logged the same 6 or so wins we are likely to log this season I really doubt anyone will call our QB situation resolved.

My guesstimate is that as far as QB, the likely outcome that the Bills will shoot for in 2010 is to "resolve" the QB situation by finding a starter who can lead this team to at least an improvement over the 6 wins we seem likely to register with a solid rest of 2009.

I think the main criteria for our new QB will be:

1. Produce some more Ws and in a very good world lead this team to be at least competitive for (though I doubt we will make it in the rebuilding mode we are gonna enter again next season). I simply doubt that any rookie will be good enough to lead this team as a rookie to even the Flacco like levels achieved by the Ravens last year or the SB levels achieved with a rookie QB by the Steelers with RoboQB.

These teams achieved what they did because they had tried and true vets leading the team at other positions (folks like Ray Lewis or whatshisname who was a likely HOF performer for the Steelers at RB. The Steelers had a host of other talents ranging from the best in the game at safety in Polamalu or even third string RBs who proved better than many starters for other teams.

How on earth folks see us committing the top 10 choice we are likely to get in this draft to the next savior at QB when we lack top of the NFL talent at any position on D and our best players on O are simply woulda/coulda/shoulda prospects like Lee Evans and Lynch? Fuggaboutit.

My sense is that we try to deal with the QB issue by first getting a GM who Mr. Ralph clearly gives the keys to the cars to who then lays out the chance of developing and implementing a winning vision pretty darn quickly.

At QB, we pick up a vet in FA who actually has some real doubts he can lead the team to an SB berth (not to mention victory) but credibly presents a shot at more Ws and even a playoff appearance pretty darn soon.

This QB comes in and competes with Fitzy (with the loser of this battle being a credible plan B but the winner simply sucks it up and deals with alleged QB battle with the second stringer which WGR and The Buff Snooze will be happy to create to sell ads whether there is really a battle or not.

Even better for the Bills would be if contractual and media reality were to allow a 3 way competition between Fitzy ( a credible #2 in my book to play the Frank Reich role but not good enough to be a consistent winner as a starter in the NFL), Edwards (under contract so we got him if we want him but likely too injury prone to count on as your #1, and the third would be some cutrate talent who may have some potential to play the game (I shudder to say that if we got Dungy as our HC, then Michael Vick fits the description of a talented athlete who could be had cheaply who is not good enough even on his best year to get you too the SB, but might be good enough to get you to the playoffs.

Perhaps Campbell, Plummer or even Brad Johnson might be the failed QB with interesting potential one could get to have a 3 way competition (though unfortunately I doubt the local media is adult enough to deal with this prospect.

At any rate it will be a tough offseason at QB, particularly if we spend our top 10 choice on some alleged QB savior who on this team would likely only produce a winner in 2011 or more likely 2012 at the earliest.

FA and a 2 or three way competition at QB is our best bet.