Colts workout Losman

iommi

Guest dog14787
Sorry, I only troll on this board. :P

Have any idea why they won't accept my register?

Or does my reputation proceed me :thumbsup:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
I just tried to register as Peyton Gump, but they didn't like Yahoo. Maybe they require a real ISP account for the e-mail.

Ahhh, could be, I'm using yahoo email also

Bill,

I think some people still root for Clean up the city boy for a few reasons. Although as you say he is a proven perpetual loser with a new championship ring, many fans like their team's QB to be somewhat masculine and loyal.

By masculine I do not mean rough and tumble like a 5'10" CB, but really just to avoid being feminine. For instance, there is no need to wear gloves and be afraid to throw a football. By comparison to these traits, JP looks masculine. He may make stupid plays but masculinity and stupidity are far from mutually exclusive.

JP also embraced Buffalo which for some people is important. It does not translate to success on the football field but it can be nice for some to know that their QB and "team Leader" does not bolt for California because he is literally intimidated by snow.

People get confused not because they have bailed on the Bills but because they feel the Bills have bailed on them. The alternative to JP has now proven himself to be a perpetual loser as well and did so with all the girlishness you'd expect from a Los Gatos.

I think the bottom line here is that two wrongs don't make a right. As soon as the Bills get a real QB, JP and TE will both be forgotten. Personally I think either Tim Tebow or Jay Clocker would be good choices but I am far from an NFL scout. Tebow may be available in the 2nd round allowing us to shore up our pass defense in the first. :thumbsup:

And your Quarterback should have a deeper voice than High Pitched Eric.

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/12/...ot-sign-losman/

Could Losman return to Buffalo and actually play as a Colt?

The answer is no. We just got word the Colts did sign a former UFL quarterback today. But it’s not Losman. Instead, they went with California Redwoods signal caller Shane Boyd.

Yes, Losman failed to impress the front office more than Shane freegin’ Boyd.

Peyton Manning can sleep easier tonight.

Losman was supposed to have a broken finger operated on and it may have effected his performance and the decision.

Do you guys ever run out of excuses?

If a team thought that a qb was good they would sign him. As Bills fans, we know how hard it is to get a good one. They probably could have signed him for the pro-rated vet minimum. Then, they would have his when his finger is healed.

Dontcha see this? Seriously.

Do you guys ever run out of excuses?

If a team thought that a qb was good they would sign him. As Bills fans, we know how hard it is to get a good one. They probably could have signed him for the pro-rated vet minimum. Then, they would have his when his finger is healed.

Dontch see this? Seriously.

No they don't. I don't hate the guy, in fact I rooted for him to succeed while he was the starter for The Bills - then he proved he wasn't an NFL caliber starting QB. It's ludicrous to bring up the fact that he "Won a Championship" in the Useless Football League - when it's a four team "league" and they had one winner-take-all "championship" game. That would be like being the champion of the NFCW division. Now his ball washers just can't let him go and I'm having none of it. He shat the bed when he was here. End of story. Move on!

I hope you realize there were a lot fewer teams in the 1950s and that comparing the NFL of the 50s and the opportunities available to players back then to now is ridiculous. There was a reason the AFL was able to come into existance & thrive. A lot of good football players had nowhere to go on a depth chart. There was no unrestricted free agency in the NFL.

Alright now,How about Kurt Warner.Sat on bench in Green Bay , great in L.A. and sucked in N.Y., but great again with Cardinals. What about Steve Young Sucked in Tampa Bay and than great in 49ers. Kurt Warner would suck in our offense.

Losman was supposed to have a broken finger operated on and it may have effected his performance and the decision.
Also, I don't think his heart was really into trying out for Indy, cause it would be pretty tough for him to compete for Manning's job, no matter how much he has improved under Fassel.

Also, I don't think his heart was really into trying out for Indy, cause it would be pretty tough for him to compete for Manning's job, no matter how much he has improved under Fassel.

:D:thumbsup::D;):D:lol::D:lol:

You just called his fantasy excuse and went all in with one of THE best, most imaginative excuses that one could ever, ever dream up. My compliments!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

I love how worked up people get on here when discussing Losman and/or Edwards. Some posters like Edwards, some liked Losman, neither QB was very good....end of discussion. I can understood getting worked up over politics, religion, or something that directly shapes your life...not some other fan's opinion of an ex-Buffalo Bill.

Mostly, everyone posting on here is a Bills fan, and we all have our personal opinions on players. Just because someone's opinion differs from your own doesn't mean you need to get all worked up. Take a second....breathe....were all on the same side here.

More excuses for JP...love it...and if only Jim Kelly did'nt have Hank Bullough in his first year...oh wait, he was able to overcome that....oh and Payton Manning with Jim Mora as his head coach his first season, oh wait he overcame that. See if you have that "it" factor from the beginning you can overcome bad coaching, that is the difference between QBs with talent and projects like Losman and Edwards and whatever other scrubs the Bills bring in.

Jim Kelly played a couple years in the USFL before he started in Buffalo. 2006 was Losmans first full year as a starter. And for being his first full year as a starter. I thought he did good. 5 Wins and 4 losts in the last 9 games. 5.6 td percentage in the last nine games, 2nd in the NFL in the last 9 games.Those last 9 teams had a combine win and lost record of 85 wins and 59 lost. only two of those teams had losing records. All the other team had a 500 record or better. That was Dicks first year as our HC. And we have not gotten any better againts weaker schedules the last couple of years. If anything we are worst.