Donte Whitners Coverage

Trying to line him up at cornerback is an awful mistake. (This also says something about Fewells coaching ability). Nearly half the Jets completions came against him. He blew his coverage early in the game and let cotchery get wide open in the endzone (Sanchez overthrew him). He also let cotchery catch a crucial third and long right in front of him towards the end of the game. This guy is a joke of a player.

He did have 1 nice pass breakup, which will happen when they throw at you 10 times a game. But overall he is pathetic. The proof is in the film. Please no more deniying this.

Donte is exactly what is wrong with the Bills. I hope the new coach can see this and cuts his sorry ass, since they have nothing invested in him. He clearly was the weakest link in the secondary last nite.

The Jets coaching staff certainly knew this and were throwing his way everytime he was on the field.

Trying to line him up at cornerback is an awful mistake. (This also says something about Fewells coaching ability). Nearly half the Jets completions came against him. He blew his coverage early in the game and let cotchery get wide open in the endzone (Sanchez overthrew him). He also let cotchery catch a crucial third and long right in front of him towards the end of the game. This guy is a joke of a player.

He did have 1 nice pass breakup, which will happen when they throw at you 10 times a game. But overall he is pathetic. The proof is in the film. Please no more deniying this.

Donte is exactly what is wrong with the Bills. I hope the new coach can see this and cuts his sorry ass, since they have nothing invested in him. He clearly was the weakest link in the secondary last nite.

The Jets coaching staff certainly knew this and were throwing his way everytime he was on the field.

Amen...I have been saying this for a long time. He is all bark and no bite. Awful in run support and worse in coverage. Another bust of a first rd pick.

He clearly was the weakest link in the secondary last nite.

Did you notice that either Byrd or Corner blew responsibility on Edwards twice? where he was ridiculously wide open?

Frankly, Whitner gets too much flack. Sure he hasn't been a game changing player but he is solid enough that he belongs on the field.

Did you notice that either Byrd or Corner blew responsibility on Edwards twice? where he was ridiculously wide open?

Frankly, Whitner gets too much flack. Sure he hasn't been a game changing player but he is solid enough that he belongs on the field.

Whitner was the safety over the top to support..and he was no where to be found...also notice he shys away from contact. Whitner does belong on the Bills field, maybe the Browns and the Chiefs too.

Whitner was playing the Nickle CB spot due to injury. It isn't his normal position. He isn't a CB he is a Safety. People complaining about his coverage last night need to understand that isn't his normal position.

The Bills defensively are moving players between positions to much. I don't understand why Bryan Scott is playing LB. Nic Harris was Ellison's backup and he should be playing. It doesn't make much sense to move people around to different positions mid way through the season. Why not just let their backups play. Their Backups are at least used to the position.

It's hard to get fans to admit the truth of the matter: Whitner sucks.

At this point, I don't think anyone can defend the fact that for a #8 pick Whitner is a HUGE dissapointment. He, at best, defines average and that may be giving him too much crediit. I think the same can be said for a number of our higher draft picks:

Posluszny: Just see my many posts about him. The guy is not good. Average, nothing better.

Lynch: Suspended. Out of shape, slow. Nothing close to what you expect out of a #12 pick.

McCargo: Need I say anymore?

Youboty: Injury plagued. A pick vs. the Eagles in the finale of the '07 season is about the only play I remember him making.

McKelvin: Showes some promise, impressive KR. As a corner alone he's hot and cold. Once again, at this point not what you would have wanted out of a #11 pick. I'd take Clady over him anyday, and Peters was acting up at that point so no excuses that we already had Peters.......an organization has to look towards the future, something the Bills don't seem to do.

James Hardy: Injury plagued. Madelittle contributions last year and none this year. Slow = easily covered, yet not physical enough to make the tough catches acroos the middle or athletic enough to make the circus catches down the sideline. Mike Mayock pegged Hardy down perfectly before the draft, and he wasn't very high on the guy.

Chris Ellis: See McCargo. Let me add this guy was punk who had a bad attitude at VT and wasn't known to be a hardworker. Another DE who's a one-trick pony and way too small to play the postion the Bills drafted him to play.

Aaron Maybin: This is way premature, I'll be the first to admit. DE's need time to develop in the NFL. He has potential to put heat on the QB, but at this point color me concerned. The fact that on 3rd and long the Bills still opt to go with Schobel and Kelsay does not give me a lot of confidence. I really hope he can develop under a new staff, cause we can not afford another swing and miss with a pick this high.

Is there anyone else who sees things differently? Our drafting has been VERY BAD, all the more reason for a total house cleaning come January.

How can you honestly believe this? I would like to know why, other than "he belongs on the field." Have you ever watched him?

Whitner was the safety over the top to support..and he was no where to be found...also notice he shys away from contact. Whitner does belong on the Bills field, maybe the Browns and the Chiefs too.

Whitner was playing nickleback in passing situations not Youboty, the safety that was supposed to be there in over the top support was Byrd.

At this point, I don't think anyone can defend the fact that for a #8 pick Whitner is a HUGE dissapointment. He, at best, defines average and that may be giving him too much crediit. I think the same can be said for a number of our higher draft picks:

Posluszny: Just see my many posts about him. The guy is not good. Average, nothing better.

Lynch: Suspended. Out of shape, slow. Nothing close to what you expect out of a #12 pick.

McCargo: Need I say anymore?

Youboty: Injury plagued. A pick vs. the Eagles in the finale of the '07 season is about the only play I remember him making.

McKelvin: Showes some promise, impressive KR. As a corner alone he's hot and cold. Once again, at this point not what you would have wanted out of a #11 pick. I'd take Clady over him anyday, and Peters was acting up at that point so no excuses that we already had Peters.......an organization has to look towards the future, something the Bills don't seem to do.

James Hardy: Injury plagued. Madelittle contributions last year and none this year. Slow = easily covered, yet not physical enough to make the tough catches acroos the middle or athletic enough to make the circus catches down the sideline. Mike Mayock pegged Hardy down perfectly before the draft, and he wasn't very high on the guy.

Chris Ellis: See McCargo. Let me add this guy was punk who had a bad attitude at VT and wasn't known to be a hardworker. Another DE who's a one-trick pony and way too small to play the postion the Bills drafted him to play.

Aaron Maybin: This is way premature, I'll be the first to admit. DE's need time to develop in the NFL. He has potential to put heat on the QB, but at this point color me concerned. The fact that on 3rd and long the Bills still opt to go with Schobel and Kelsay does not give me a lot of confidence. I really hope he can develop under a new staff, cause we can not afford another swing and miss with a pick this high.

Is there anyone else who sees things differently? Our drafting has been VERY BAD, all the more reason for a total house cleaning come January.

Good teams routinely find talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft. The 06-08 drafts were very bad, which compounded the fact that 04-05 drafts were horrible. No one knows who made the calls on specific picks, but the bottom line is the Bills drafts stunk for 5 years. Hence, the team relies on practice squad guys, UDFA's, street free agents, bargain basement UFA's, and low round draft picks.

How can you honestly believe this? I would like to know why, other than "he belongs on the field." Have you ever watched him?

He did make big plays Sunday v. Miami. So yeah I have watched him. Again, he is a decent player, but not going to set the world on fire.

Funny that you are Brian Billick and calling out defensive players. Stick to what you know, and criticize the offense :D

You see that reception TO got for a first down that corner that was covering his really sucked.

I know Donte has alot of experience playing corner right.

Shut up before we think you have teretts

You see that reception TO got for a first down that corner that was covering his really sucked.

I know Donte has alot of experience playing corner right.

Shut up before we think you have teretts

Go give ur material to Leno, he could probly use it. Stick to what you know, Maury Povich Topics. Whitner Sux!

People realize that safties don't normally man up on a team's #1 receiver right? Whitner had perfect coverage on one play and had good coverage before a stumble. Again, it was on the Jets' #1 receiver. Every saftey would have trouble matching up with a #1 receiver.

The hate for Whitner is beyond pathetic.

whitner is a safety, not a corner...to continuously line him up against slot receivers is asking for trouble, unless of course the Bills have no other CB's to put there, which might be the case...one has to wonder what happened to Lankster...the guy was all over the place in the preseason...did he fall out of favor with the coaching staff?