Bills on Thursday night

chetsap

I think they played in Jacksonville many years ago on a Thursday night. I think it was Gregg Williams' first win as Bills head coach, if I remember correctly. Jake Arians with the winning FG also just popped into my head.

god he sucked...I loved Shane Grahme tho who they brought in later...was pissed when they cut him I knew he was gonna be a good one

Back in '82, the game b4 the strike, IIRC against the Vikings, was either on a Tues or a Thurs. (I remember who I had dinner w/ that nite b4 going to the game.) I'm assuming it was a Thurs, as I don't ever recall Tuesday games.

I think they played in Jacksonville many years ago on a Thursday night. I think it was Gregg Williams' first win as Bills head coach, if I remember correctly. Jake Arians with the winning FG also just popped into my head.

You're right, week 6 in 2001...

link

Is this the first time the Bills have played a regular season game on Thursday night? If so I hope we make history tonight with a "W"!!!

p.s.

Are we wearing throwbacks tonight?

No. We are done with the Throwbacks for the year. We wore our white throwbacks during the opener against the Patsies, and at the Titans (Plus the preseason game). The Blue throwback made its only appearance last week.. :cry:

No. We are done with the Throwbacks for the year. We wore our white throwbacks during the opener against the Patsies, and at the Titans (Plus the preseason game). The Blue throwback made its only appearance last week.. :cry:

I think they should just make those the uni's

You and a LOT of other folks, including me. But I would also be OK with a return to the 90s unis.

ANYTHING is better than the jumpsuit of Navy Blue that we currently wear.

I think that most teams should make their throwback jerseys their primary jersey, aside from those yellow and brown jerseys the Broncos wore earlier this year...those were atrocious.

You're right, week 6 in 2001...

link

My friends & I were at that game. Got into Jacksonville around noon, checked into our condo, picked up a keg & headed right to the stadium. We got pretty loaded that night, sat in the endzones, 2 of my friends puked right in their seats. Good times, BTW the jacksonville strip clubs suck.

Back in '82, the game b4 the strike, IIRC against the Vikings, was either on a Tues or a Thurs. (I remember who I had dinner w/ that nite b4 going to the game.) I'm assuming it was a Thurs, as I don't ever recall Tuesday games.

It was a Thursday, week 2, and they came back from 19-0 down to win 23-22. It was pretty awesome. They were 2-0. Then came the strike, which killed team chemistry, they faded to 4-5, missed the playoffs, and Knox declined a contract extension. The Dark Ages returned to OP....

Ah, memories! :cry:

Turkey day, against Detroit. 1994-95 season, I think.

1994... lost 35-21....

1976 T-Day... lost to Lions, 27-14... OJ ran for 273 yards

1975 T-Day, beat St. Louis 32-14 despite not arriving at the stadium until a couple hours before kickoff...

The Bills also played several times on Thanksgiving while in the AFL... for the last time in 1968 when Eddie Rutkowski fumbled near the goal line to cost them an upset....

I think that most teams should make their throwback jerseys their primary jersey, aside from those yellow and brown jerseys the Broncos wore earlier this year...those were atrocious.

The Jets' Navy/Yellow are pretty horrible too.

I can't see the crabbing about ticket sales, sellouts, wherever the venue.

Thursday - night game - etc. - that's tough for the following workday for most folks.