Bills on Thursday night

chetsap

It was a Thursday, week 2, and they came back from 19-0 down to win 23-22. It was pretty awesome. They were 2-0. Then came the strike, which killed team chemistry, they faded to 4-5, missed the playoffs, and Knox declined a contract extension. The Dark Ages returned to OP....

Ah, memories! ;)

Nice one RJ. I remember that game vividly. Came from way back to win. I thought we we're goin' to the SB that year... among many other disappointing years. :cry:

I think that most teams should make their throwback jerseys their primary jersey, aside from those yellow and brown jerseys the Broncos wore earlier this year...those were atrocious.

I agree with the other exception being the throwbacks of the Jets. Those honestly look like something you see swirling in your toilet after a night of hard drinking and late night Taco Bell.

Back in '82, the game b4 the strike, IIRC against the Vikings, was either on a Tues or a Thurs. (I remember who I had dinner w/ that nite b4 going to the game.) I'm assuming it was a Thurs, as I don't ever recall Tuesday games.

I think you're right on this one being on Thursday.

I can't see the crabbing about ticket sales, sellouts, wherever the venue.

Thursday - night game - etc. - that's tough for the following workday for most folks.

The blackout problem tonight is not a sellout issue. The issue is that only channel 7 in Buffalo and the NFL Network can show the game.

The problem is that other NBC stations within the traditional Buffalo 75 mile blackout perimeter, do not have the option to pay the NFL to broadcast a "home" sellout.

It is being blacked out by the NFL / NFL Network.

Does anyone watch any Thursday Night games or even talk about them??

I think these are one of the No-Fun-League's biggest marketing failures. I cannot get into watching a game on Thursday night ... and it throws my Fantasy League planning off since I'd rather wait until Saturday night to put in the line-up.

I can't remember the Jacksonville game but I do remember a Thanksgiving Day game in Detroit when OJ ran wild turkey ....

The NFL should be Sundays only with a great Monday Night Football game tossed in to make the weekend!