LOST...Season 6

duey

haha, im feeling the exact same way. im emotionally exhausted, but cant even think about going to sleep. what an amazing finale to an amazing show.

I don't know if I'll be able to sleep either, lol...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol....I've always sort of an emotional person,but I'm not a "crier"....I can't believe this fuggin show did this to me :blush:

and you wonder why Lana is out searching for a real man?

Anyone watching the Kimmel special? In a word? Awkward.

PTR

Creepy - they were just doing the live promo for the Lost auction (Dharma lasagna, Walt's comic book, and Locke's knife) and young Jacob appeared, half hidden in some foliage in the background.

You're right though - these actors, particularly O'Quinn, aren't used to live interviews.

Creepy - they were just doing the live promo for the Lost auction (Dharma lasagna, Walt's comic book, and Locke's knife) and young Jacob appeared, half hidden in some foliage in the background.

You're right though - these actors, particularly O'Quinn, aren't used to live interviews.

maybe tgreg can verify this, but i dont think the actors saw the final show until the actual airing. it could be that they just saw it too, and are as struck as aj and i (and id have to imagine a little more so even).

You knew that they were in heaven as soon as Kate showed up in that black dress...

Although I don't know what that outfit was after she went into the church. Did they "forget" she was wearing that smokin' dress?

WOW! I've greatly enjoyed the show. But I don't think I've ever had the urge to go watch an episode for a 2nd time. Until tonite. Only question is do I stay up til ~4am or can I wait til tomorrow nite to watch it?

Overall I must say I was pleased with the way it all ended. Kudos to Matthew Fox, Michael Emerson, Jorge Garcia, and Terry O' Quinn. These guys did outstanding in the finale.

Question: the shots of the empty plane crash after the bright light ending, was that supposed to be an actual shot of the crash showing that no one survived?

Question: the shots of the empty plane crash after the bright light ending, was that supposed to be an actual shot of the crash showing that no one survived?

No. I'm not sure what the point of that shot was because it has done nothing but confuse people. Don't get confused, they survived the plane crash. The island wasn't purgatory or hell or the afterlife in any way.

I just finished watching it about five minutes ago...this is sort of embarrassing, but for the last ten or fifteen minutes I've been an emotional wreck. I don't even know if I can even articulate why, but the end really moved me. That was maybe the most beautiful piece of television I've ever seen. I expected a lot of the action and the suspenseful aspects, but the spiritual and relationship aspects really caught me off-guard and I'm having a hard time gaining my composure.

I thought I sort of had a grip on whats sort of ending they were heading for, but it ended up nothing like what I expected. Even though I'm a little confused by it, the difference between this and the episode a few weeks ago that I was so dissatisfied with is that I don't feel any need for further explanation this time. For whatever reason, it was perfect to me.

Geesh, I need to get it together...I must have some unresolved issues or something that were triggered by this show tonight...wtf lol

Yeah. I didn't get like it during the ep at all. And then about 20 minutes after, I started crying, the runny nose, etc.... Felt it for a few minutes. I think most of what got me was Jack dying with Vincent by his side. I lost my dog two years ago next month and I've had a very hard time of it. We recently got another pup, but the memories of our past friends don't go away. And so, I thought, 'That's not such a bad way to go....' Jack didn't die alone.

Well, before we get into all that.... Now, recapping one hour is hard enough, and now we've got two and a half, and try to make summary statements of what it all means. It seems too big a task. We all saw what happened with who went where, who did what.

So, after being told from the start that this show is not about characters in purgatory. True enough. the original timeline wasn't, but we learned that the Sideways world was like purgatory and Desmond served as a ferryman of sorts.

For all those who griped about the Light a couple of weeks ago, how 'bout them apples?! The reason why it worked tonight was because it was established there. And it also made it pretty clear that this was not about all the Island Protector stories that came before or after. Hurley & Ben's little exchange suggests they were on the island for a long time and had their own war stories. As Jimmy Kimmel said tonight, this was Jack's story, his fixing Jacob's mistake (and we needed to see Jacob's mistake to get a line on what Jack needed to fix). Fixing is what Jack does.

Some people left the Island, some stayed. What becomes of those who left? They lived their lives. Maybe Kate and Sawyer did eventually get together in the real world. We don't know. But that's not what's important, and we can fill some of it in for ourselves. What mattered was the time these people spent together, what they did that made them heroes. What happened to Richard, do you suppose? Seems like he now ages and lives out his life, but he is not in the church. Harold Perrineau, on Kimmel, said that some of the castaways were not in the church at the end. They weren't souls that moved on to whatever the church represented. Michael, Ana Lucia who was "not ready" according to Desmond, Rousseau and Alex, among others. HP said he thinks that people who don't deserve it remain on the island as the voices that whisper. I also think it's kind of fitting that Ben didn't go in the church, tho I don't think he would have gotten too harsh a treatment --- what happened, had to happen. It was nice to see him get some manner of redemption for all the stuff he did by being a "really good Number Two" to Hurley, for however long their tenure lasted. Really need to go back and see who was in the church... and who wasn't.

I would like to write here that I think Christian Shepard may have gotten "Island Enlightenment" early in Jack's life, which turned him to drink, turned him into a bit of a cynic and someone who just didn't try b/c fate will just do what it does. Interesting, tho, that Christian does not stay in the church. He's not part of this group, really. Wonder what the previous groups' afterlife is like --- are Mother, Claudia, Jacob and MIB together? How long does the church stay last? And I guess that's something that's up to each of us according to our beliefs. Several religious symbols were in the stained glass behind Jack in that scene, but I don't think it necessarily has to be a religious reading.

OK. Time to sleep on this a little. Read what Doc Jensen has for us tomorrow. A great bit of story. It's going to be very hard to watch drama again w/o comparing their quality to this. If LOST doesn't win Emmy awards this season, something is very wrong.

I think most of what got me was Jack dying with Vincent by his side. I lost my dog two years ago next month and I've had a very hard time of it. We recently got another pup, but the memories of our past friends don't go away. And so, I thought, 'That's not such a bad way to go....' Jack didn't die alone.

My thoughts exactly...that scene KILLED me, bro lol.

Here's one to the person who wrote to watch out for Hurley becoming Island Guardian, after having said "I'm just happy it wasn't me" last week.

Chalk another one up for the reluctant leader being the one who's most meant for the job.

Per Doc's instant reaction.... What we all thought was the appendectomy scar in LA X.... Nope, it was the knife scar. I was thinking, "He could still be OK, right?" Guess it's just the act of a special-knife stabbing that does in the Guardian. It would seem that FLocke's knife would now become similar to the knife Dogen had been holding, and in the Island future we're not shown, is probably the knife that would be used to kill Hurley. Hurley's reign would be something to see... but then again, I suppose it would be a lot of the same repetitious themes that the Island plays over and over. And, as the show said and as I wrote earlier, that wasn't our story.

Also a nice moment when Jack cuts down MIB reciting a "This is like old times, eh?" as they were lowering Desmond. Jack has come to see Locke as a friend, someone who he cares about and will protect, after that finale in S3 when he said Locke was "neither" friend nor family.

Are we to assume that underneath the Keystone Light is... what? Hell, literally? The shape of the hole seemed to have a demonic vibe. We'll have to see whether someone figures out what the writings on it say. Essentially, Des removing the stone turned MIB back into a human form, and Kate winds up being the heroine that she's always been described as --- she kills the MIB.

I liked the ending but I would have liked more drama from Smokey. I saw the journey as an actual period after death in which the characters did not yet know they were dead. Instead, they were in an intermediary plane in which they proved unknowingly whether or not they were worthy of following the light into heaven. Michael and Ana Lucia were not worthy. Maybe Danielle Rousseau and her daughter Alex were worthy but had already passed to heaven. The church congregation was mostly (entirely?) of those that who died together from the plane crash and made the grade for the entry into heaven. Ben may make it into heaven but had not yet let go of his current state by following the light. The congregation seemed to be mostly of crash survivors which did not include Ben. Who knows what happened to the souls of other crash victims who died earlier. Maybe they made it to heaven or like Michael were left to murmur among the boars.

I thought the last fifteen minutes was very well done. It was a subtle fifteen that was well written. It was not what I expected. When I first saw the church and the various characters assembling I feared that there might be some odd ending like Hurley and Libby getting married!

Kimmel was hilarious in the aftershow especially when thanking Michael (Harold Perrineau) for killing Ana Lucia!

I thought there would be more commercials along the lines of the Target spots which were hilarious.

In time, we will see the show more clearly. I thought it was a classic show. Much of what is on TV leads me to instead opt for reading. Lost gave us something for the brain. I will once again acknowledge the audio (music and sound effects) that really accented the action especially, the Smoke Monster sounds.

I will once again acknowledge the audio (music and sound effects)

This was one of the few tv shows where I actually noticed how good the music was. Strings are one of the most emotionally evocative instruments on earth....great choice to include them in the soundtrack for this episode.