LOST...Season 6

duey

Sorry, I'm just fun'n ya :rolleyes:

It will still be a rush to see where this ends up, but more like the one after the 5th time on the rollercoaster, rather than the first (for me).

Back to work...

hahaha, i wont disagree with that assessment of the seasons. i just dont think that they needed to linger any longer on the explanations of what is ancient history. we saw the origins of Jacob/MiB. we saw how Smokey came to be. we saw how Jacob became the protector. we got a little more insight as to what the light is. we saw who Adam & Eve are. we even got a glimpse at how the game started. questions answered, time to move forward.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for MiB's obsession with getting off the island, wouldn't anybody be obsessed with it? You find out, from your ghost mom, that who you thought was your mom had been lying to you for ~12 years about who you were and everything you knew. You discovered she killed your real mom, too, so you totally turn your back on her and the island, wanting to get away. When, 30 years later, you are so close to achieving your goal you can taste it, she dupes you into trusting her one last time before destroying everything you had been working on for all that time, your one goal, and kills all your friends. Then, you get back at her, only to get your ass kick and your body destroyed and turned into a monster, forced to live for eternity on a place you hate with someone you hate. I think his obsession with getting off the island makes complete sense.

I still think MIB is overreacting. :rolleyes:

And I suppose, in a way, he was. MIB was/is part of what needs to happen.

"There has to be evil in the world in order for there to be good; evil is necessary for good." I'm not claiming that MIB himself is pure evil and Jacob is pure good as there are always shades of gray but ultimately I think this show might be in part for everyone of us to question our own faith/belief system etc. Or maybe I'm taking more from the show then just the literal characters etc. Which is something I really didn't want to do because I'd like to think that this is just a tv show but the more and more I watch this season the more and more I'm understanding it's not.

There's a lot to wrap up in the final 3.5 hours and I hope the storyline is better than last night...

A lot can happen in 3.5 hours.

Maybe I missed something, and I am quite sure I did, but how did Jacob get off and back on the island to interact with the O6?
Perhaps because he was the "chosen on" he has powers to do whatever needs to be done to protect the island...and in this case, bring potential candidates in. And don't forget that MIB can't leave because he's Smokey.

Yep. That's a big question. And, until we get absolute confirmation otherwise, I will continue to believe that at least part of MIB or his consciousness got into Locke near the time of his birth. For Young MIB, even a vague awareness of Locke as some kind of Constant... a flash or three, similar to the sideways world... and an equivalent flash in a Young Locke.

More to the point, MIB couldn't leave b/c he's dead. Or... island-dead. Off the island, his body couldn't exist. Now that he has taken the form of Locke, that may have changed, but I'm not sure.

im assuming, since MiB's body was never buried, that Smokey could take his form. that one is pretty simple if you apply what we've been given so far.

Plausible. Yeah, I'll take that. MIB died on the Island, and Smokey can take the form of anyone who died on the island (or even of memories downloaded from the living). Just that the MIB body is not his in the sense of having a body. It's like an animation.

glad you brought this up. they were not speaking english, the were speaking latin. the producers showed this, and then transitioned into english so we would not have to read subtitles through the entire episode. but you can assume that they were actually speaking latin to each other the entire time. i thought it was a cool way they did that.

It was in the same manner that "The Hunt for Red October" managed their language switch. Here, there was a musical chime that signaled it. And yes, just assume that the rest was spoken in Latin and it has simply been converted for us. This brings about the reason why the Others all had to learn Latin... presumably in case they or Latin speakers experienced a time-shift.

They've had 3 years to develop a script, so yeah, I would have liked a denouncement more in keeping with the quality of the show's best work.

I'll watch for the same reason I suspect a lot of people remain with the show--it's now about the characters/cast more than the plot. The brilliance of the original casting will be the lasting legacy of Lost, long after the plot fades from memory, IMO.

Actually, it's the story that stay with me most of all. Maybe I'm just weird like that.

again, just like the character said, every answer will only lead to another question. you just have to have faith.

how did mom make it so they couldnt kill each other? she used some magic powers.

where did those powers come from? she got them by being the keeper of the island.

how did she become keeper of the island?... and on and on and on...

it's like they said in my post on the last page, you really dont want an exact explanation. because there really is none. at some point you HAVE to chalk it up to being magical god-like powers when it comes to mythology. or else youre just going to end up with the question "Who is God? Where did (s)he get those powers from?" etc...

Actually, I'm cool with some details not being explained b/c it's just something to think about for the rest of my life. It'll keep the show alive, in a way. Also, don't forget that some of the questions still remaining will be answered in the canon Lost Encyclopedia that will supposedly be coming out this summer near the time of the S6 DVDs.

you guys are being very Season 1 Jack about this. yall need to be more Season 6 Jack :rolleyes:

<_<

Have some faith, everyone. If you're still disappointed after the finale, so be it. But don't be party-poopers just before the cake and presents are brought out.

I agree.

To me, the central theme of the show has been “man versus his flawed nature.” The whole purpose of the Hanso Foundation/Dharma Initiative/Valenzetti Equation has been to identify and correct the malfunction in human nature that seems to always lead to self-destruction. And this is apparently the nature of Jacob’s game with his brother.

It makes for great drama. However, I get the impression from some fans that they actually expect this TV show to provide a real solution to this problem. It’s like human history will forever be divided... The pre-Lost era, when there were wars and suffering and then we achieved absolute paradise on Earth thanks to J.J. Abrams, Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, the saviors of the universe.

THIS.

The most dramatic thing of all may well be that nothing in the world changes. That this show simply shows how the universe/island course corrected to "save the world."

I have to say, I really am going to miss this weekly banter once the show is over. :rolleyes:

Just because the show ends doesn't mean we can't have banter. It's just a matter of finding something to banter about and trying to stay focused on said topic.

As for MiB's obsession with getting off the island, wouldn't anybody be obsessed with it? You find out, from your ghost mom, that who you thought was your mom had been lying to you for ~12 years about who you were and everything you knew. You discovered she killed your real mom, too, so you totally turn your back on her and the island, wanting to get away. When, 30 years later, you are so close to achieving your goal you can taste it, she dupes you into trusting her one last time before destroying everything you had been working on for all that time, your one goal, and kills all your friends. Then, you get back at her, only to get your ass kick and your body destroyed and turned into a monster, forced to live for eternity on a place you hate with someone you hate. I think his obsession with getting off the island makes complete sense.

But, if people don't like it, they don't like it, it's all a matter of opinion.

And yet, he still loved her. MIB didn't want to kill her, but he seemed to have no choice. After he speared her, it was like he was expecting something to happen... only, she'd already appointed Jacob. This seems to be the same way he knew not all of the candidates died... what he was expecting to happen didn't happen.

okay, I have not seen this anywhere, and maybe I am nuts, but I was thinking Fake Mom was smokey, or at least smokey was in her body. I mean, could she really have killed and burned that entire village filled with men and weapons etc if she did not turn into smokey? Is that just way off??? Does it even have any significance?

okay, I have not seen this anywhere, and maybe I am nuts, but I was thinking Fake Mom was smokey, or at least smokey was in her body. I mean, could she really have killed and burned that entire village filled with men and weapons etc if she did not turn into smokey? Is that just way off??? Does it even have any significance?

great point! ive been too busy defending the episode to really talk about some things.

i thought the same thing. that she at least had the power of smokey, or something like that. there is no way that woman was able to destroy the well, and the village on her own. i would assume (since it probably wont be re-visited or answered) that she either had the power of Smokey, or something like it. OR she was able to conjure it like Ben was.

This. Those people and their village had a similar look (temple) to other Smokey attacks.

great point! ive been too busy defending the episode to really talk about some things.

i thought the same thing. that she at least had the power of smokey, or something like that. there is no way that woman was able to destroy the well, and the village on her own. i would assume (since it probably wont be re-visited or answered) that she either had the power of Smokey, or something like it. OR she was able to conjure it like Ben was.

Me three. Didn't write it, but thought it, especially filling up the well.

She had evidently gone into the tunnel, as she knew things about it not to be discerned by hovering 15 feet away from the entrance.

She told Jacob when he drank the wine that he was the same as her now. Might this involve what Locke said he saw after the boar hunt? A white-smoke version of the "monster"? Or is there just one Smoke Monster, she was it, and that part of her went back into the tunnel when she was killed by MIB?

I agree.

To me, the central theme of the show has been “man versus his flawed nature.” The whole purpose of the Hanso Foundation/Dharma Initiative/Valenzetti Equation has been to identify and correct the malfunction in human nature that seems to always lead to self-destruction. And this is apparently the nature of Jacob’s game with his brother.

It makes for great drama. However, I get the impression from some fans that they actually expect this TV show to provide a real solution to this problem. It’s like human history will forever be divided... The pre-Lost era, when there were wars and suffering and then we achieved absolute paradise on Earth thanks to J.J. Abrams, Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, the saviors of the universe.

Come on, it worked for Wyld Stallyns! If Bill and Ted can bring peace and tranquility to the universe, then JJ and Damon can too! :rolleyes: