Vick

BeastMode54

I know a lot of you have concerns over having Vick on the team. I think it would be a perfect fit. We could go after top OL and DL in the draft to try and shore up the lines. He also has the speed necessary to escape sacks, something a QB on our team would need to do with a young line trying to gel. We do have Brohm as well, wo may or may not be the answer for the future. If Vick does well great, if not, then we hopefully will have answered a lot of questions in the draft to bolster the lines and can go after the QB we need in the next draft. Just a thought. I guess it also depends on whether the draft for lineman is expected to be better this year or next. I know this is a good QB class, but I'm not sure about OL or DL

I'd rather have fitz or edwards. Vick isn't known for being a good passer, and besides that game last week, he hasn't been a good scrambler either since he has been back, which is supposed to be his strong suit. We would be much better off having jackson run the wildcat than have vick play here.

I agree to a certain extent, but Vick adds another dimension to the game that defenses need to account for. The problem for Vick is he might be past his prime, but when he was on he did lead Atlanta to two NFC championship games.

Leaving the off field stuff out of it, 3 years of virtual inactivity have killed his game. You're not getting Michael Vick of 2006 and earlier, you'd be getting 2010 Michael Vick, a guy who sat out the 2007 and 2008 seasons and languished on the bench in 2009. That's not rust, it's almost mummification. There are much better options than hoping Vick can return to the player he was 4 or more years earlier.

3 years of virtual inactivity have killed his game. You're not getting Michael Vick of 2006 and earlier, you'd be getting 2010 Michael Vick, a guy who sat out the 2007 and 2008 seasons and languished on the bench in 2009.

This is the key point that frequently gets lost in the discussion. You can't sit a pro athlete for 3 years and expect him to retain his game. Besides, Vick was always a mediocre passer and would be worse now. And if he's lost a half step on the running (as is very likely), he's basically done.

That's not rust, it's almost mummification.

:thumbsup:

I know a lot of you have concerns over having Vick on the team. I think it would be a perfect fit. We could go after top OL and DL in the draft to try and shore up the lines. He also has the speed necessary to escape sacks, something a QB on our team would need to do with a young line trying to gel. We do have Brohm as well, wo may or may not be the answer for the future. If Vick does well great, if not, then we hopefully will have answered a lot of questions in the draft to bolster the lines and can go after the QB we need in the next draft. Just a thought. I guess it also depends on whether the draft for lineman is expected to be better this year or next. I know this is a good QB class, but I'm not sure about OL or DL

Vick is an intriguing option to allow us a chance to fill other holes on this team like LT and DE. Although, I am more intrigued by Brohm...

people have been dropping Vick's name simply because he is (presumably) an available QB. Unfortunately being a scumbag has kept him out of the game for years. Look at what Daunte Culpepper was doing in Detroit last year. Once upon a time a 3 time Pro Bowl QB, dude gets older and spends some time off an active roster and he's nothing. So beyond Vick being one of the worst human beings to play this game--and the moral implications of bringing a violent felon into the locker room--you are talking about a guy who hasn't played competitive football in 3 years. Buying washed up former stars hasn't really worked for us in the past, what makes you think Vick would be any different?

And not for nothing, I would stop supporting the Bills if they got that guy. You need to stand for something, paying millions of dollars to a guy that tortures animals for fun--we can do better than that

He was an average QB on his best days...if you really want someone with his skill set, the starting QB for the Las Vegas Locomotives wants back in the NFL.

There's a few pluses to that

He won't come at a ridiculous price in regards to his ability...Vick's scheduled to make $5M next year...totally doesn't deserve it

He also is a good guy in the community....not a convicted felon

STOP WITH THE VICK CRAP ALREADY!!!

Just say no to convicted felons!!!

I'd sooner see that cowardly piece of crap thrown over the Falls and electrocuted than to ever see him set foot in Buffalo.

What has Vick done in the NFL that makes him an alluring target? He was awful in Atlanta...and that whole throwing the ball thing is kinda important for a QB.

That's before we get into his character issues which have had rumors *after* get got out of jail and was trying to get back in the league. You'd think he'd be so far away from such things, there's no way his name could be associated with it.

Leaving the off field stuff out of it, 3 years of virtual inactivity have killed his game. You're not getting Michael Vick of 2006 and earlier, you'd be getting 2010 Michael Vick, a guy who sat out the 2007 and 2008 seasons and languished on the bench in 2009. That's not rust, it's almost mummification. There are much better options than hoping Vick can return to the player he was 4 or more years earlier.

Good points. But why would we want the player Vick was four or more years earlier? That guy was an excellent runner and had a cannon for an arm. But he was an inaccurate passer. Also, he lacked pocket presence, and took a lot more sacks than you might think.

If we want a guy with excellent physical gifts, mental limitations, and an inability to throw the ball accurately, we always have Losman's number. Not that Losman was as bad a pocket passer as Vick.

Your opinions over the last week have been documented, so I hope nobody is putting too much faith in your opinions (which I doubt is the case anyway). Vick was not all that good before prison. Have you even watched him in Philly? Given, they haven't given him many opportunities, but when given the chance he's done nothing. He'd be a good backup since if the starter got hurt, he'd be a total change of pace. But we need a franchise QB and that's not Vick. If he's brought in to be a backup/wildcat QB, fine, but I wouldn't go crazy chasing the guy. And I agree with the poster who's fed up of reading/responding to this. Watch Vick play before you make another post on it, please.

people have been dropping Vick's name simply because he is (presumably) an available QB. Unfortunately being a scumbag has kept him out of the game for years. Look at what Daunte Culpepper was doing in Detroit last year. Once upon a time a 3 time Pro Bowl QB, dude gets older and spends some time off an active roster and he's nothing. So beyond Vick being one of the worst human beings to play this game--and the moral implications of bringing a violent felon into the locker room--you are talking about a guy who hasn't played competitive football in 3 years. Buying washed up former stars hasn't really worked for us in the past, what makes you think Vick would be any different?

And not for nothing, I would stop supporting the Bills if they got that guy. You need to stand for something, paying millions of dollars to a guy that tortures animals for fun--we can do better than that

:lol: A-!@#$ing-MEN

Daunte Culpepper = Mike Vick? Sure, if you gave Vick a devastating knee injury in 2005 that damaged his ACL, PCL and MCL.

Personally, I'd like to land the next Jim Kelly but I don't see another in the draft class or that we could afford. And it really pissed me off to see Vince Young single-handedly beat our entire defense on every 3rd down, by taking the snap, pretending to pass and running up field. I'd like some of that.

I ask again, where were all the moral, "stand up" I-will-leave-if-we-sign-this-guy fans when:

Travis Henry was working on 11 children with 10 women

Marshawn Lynch was getting arrested 3 years straight with the most recent for drug and weapons possesion,

Willis McGahee had kids with two women within 4 months of each other

Dante Whitner arrested for aggravated disorderly conduct and resisting arrest

Ko Simpson was charged with hindering police

Corey McIntyre was charged with indecent exposure

Anthony Hargrove was charged with harassment, resisting arrest, and criminal mischief

You mean besides the fact he was never a good passer, has played little to no football in three years, would have to learn an entirely new offense(probably not his strong suit), is a convicted felon, and despite his speed was sacked relentlessly which should work well with our third rate o-line.

Other than those minor details should work out great....

I ask again, where were all the moral, "stand up" I-will-leave-if-we-sign-this-guy fans when:

Marshawn Lynch was getting arrested 3 years straight with the most recent for drug and weapons possesion,

Anthony Hargrove was charged with harassment, resisting arrest, and criminal mischief

Umm...I'm pretty sure there were dozens of posts condemning all of those guys and their screw-ups. Either you have a very poor memory of you're one of those that likes to ignore reality if it helps make your post seem more clever.

where? try everywhere you look. Where were you when all that happened? Certainly not on any of the 4 big Bills message boards because all 4 of them had plenty of threads bitching about their actions. Maybe you should come out of your fantasy world once in a while.

Few facts for you, though

Lynch has been in trouble twice with the law since becoming a Bill...the hit-and-run and the incident with the gun

the McIntyre thing got a lot of people pissed off at him even though the whole charge seemed bogus from the start.

as much as we're fed up with the BS that the players have done over the years, a convicted felon is still worse than all of them combined...anyone can be charged with a crime...McIntyre was falsely accused and people still harass him about it. A conviction is a lot bigger deal, though.