Top 10 things you won't hear

Albany,n.y.

10) He just needs more time.

9) If he ever gets good coaching...

8) The coaches screwed him.

7) We'll be able to get a 1st round pick for him, at worst a 2nd round pick.

6) How could he ever play well behind that line?

5) He has the potential to be a top 10 QB.

4) His 1st season as a starter was better than Jim Kelly's, just look at the stats.

3) Let's bring him back.

2) He felt starting in the UFL was better for him than being a backup in the NFL.

1) He's not in the NFL this season, but he'll be back and he will light it up and haunt us for years.

So far, we former Edwards fans have been a heck of a lot more rational than the fans of his predecessor. That's because we were always Bills fans first, not Trent fans. We didn't fall in love with the guy like his predecessor's fans did. When he proved not to be the answer, we were prepared to move on. Trent is done as a Bill. I could care less what he does with his next NFL team, if he gets another NFL team. If he "lights it up" on some Sunday, more power to him, it certainly won't haunt any of us. Basically, he played his way off the team, it wasn't anyone else's fault but his own, just like the guy before him.

The fact that you had to start this thread speaks for itself.

Did you feel the same way when the other QB got roasted ?, after all you are a fan of the team first, right ?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still say just being around Brain Dead Drew hurt Losman in so many ways, all those bad habits he picked up from that POS. :censored:

Rico, you blaming everything on Drew Bledsoe, is right up there with JP Fanboys, and now Trent Heads, blaming every one of their woes on the offensive line.... :thumbsup:

Rico, you blaming everything on Drew Bledsoe, is right up there with JP Fanboys, and now Trent Heads, blaming every one of their woes on the offensive line.... :thumbsup:
Oh I don't blame everything on Drew, not at all. There's no doubt that Drew > Ralph. :censored:

4) His 1st season as a starter was better than Jim Kelly's, just look at the stats.

3) Let's bring him back.

2) He felt starting in the UFL was better for him than being a backup in the NFL.

1) He's not in the NFL this season, but he'll be back and he will light it up and haunt us for years.

So far, we former Edwards fans have been a heck of a lot more rational than the fans of his predecessor. That's because we were always Bills fans first, not Trent fans. We didn't fall in love with the guy like his predecessor's fans did. When he proved not to be the answer, we were prepared to move on. Trent is done as a Bill. I could care less what he does with his next NFL team, if he gets another NFL team. If he "lights it up" on some Sunday, more power to him, it certainly won't haunt any of us. Basically, he played his way off the team, it wasn't anyone else's fault but his own, just like the guy before him.

Agreed, Trent would rather hold a clipboard than try to improve himself after all Bill Walsh endorsed him

The fact that you had to start this thread speaks for itself.

Did you feel the same way when the other QB got roasted ?, after all you are a fan of the team first, right ?

Your response really doesn't make a lot of sense. What does "Did you feel the same way when the other QB got roasted ?" mean? Did I feel both QBs lost their job due to their own inabilities to play in the NFL-absolutely. I wasn't commenting on either's "roasting". I was pointing out that the excuses made for JP's inability to play in the NFL won't be repeated with Edwards. Why? Because somehow JP fans were in love with JP, so much that he's not even in the league and they're warning us he's coming back to haunt us. When Edwards is off the team & possibly out of the league, I don't expect any warnings he'll be back to make us rue the day we let him go. The reality-both were failures in Buffalo and neither one will ever do anything to make us miss him with another NFL team. When each lost his starting job, it was based on how poorly he played. So I guess I did feel the same way-I felt JP lost his starting job on merit as did Trent.

I'm a Bills fan, I'm moving on. JP fans haven't moved on , even a year later.

I'm guessing is that with super athletic QBs who have the talent but not the temperament to master the position there's always hope that they can get it together and be successful. As opposed to a feeble armed Mary who's just going through the motions of taking the snap and dumping it off to make the stat sheet look good.

Losman has the tools to be an effective starting QB, whether he elevates his game is up to him.

Edwards ... I'm guessing that's why we shouldn't be expecting to hear the calls for him to be the starter, kinda like Todd Collins is still in the league as an afterthought.

The Biggest argument about trent edwards and his lack of OL play is Aaron Rodgers. The Packers OL is a sive at best and Rodgers does nothing but produce. Trent just doesnt have it. Next...

This is a popular but fallacious misconception regarding Aaron Rodgers and his offensive line. This assumption is based purely on his sack stats and not from gameday observation. Aaron Rodgers is a fantastic QB who plays without fear, he tends to hold on to the ball until he sees an open receiver. Much of his sacks are attributed to holding the ball til the last second, which is another reason why he doesn't throw that many INT's, meaning that he doesn't rush out a pass because he is feeling the heat.

So to say that GreenBay's line is worse or almost as bad as the Bills line is just plain wrong.

3) Let's bring him back.

Don't forget to tune to Versus at 3 PM EST today to watch once and future NFL QB JP Losman in the UFL Championship game. It might be your last chance to see him in the UFL, before he returns to the NFL to haunt the Bills! :thumbsup:

This is a popular but fallacious misconception regarding Aaron Rodgers and his offensive line. This assumption is based purely on his sack stats and not from gameday observation. Aaron Rodgers is a fantastic QB who plays without fear, he tends to hold on to the ball until he sees an open receiver. Much of his sacks are attributed to holding the ball til the last second, which is another reason why he doesn't throw that many INT's, meaning that he doesn't rush out a pass because he is feeling the heat.

So to say that GreenBay's line is worse or almost as bad as the Bills line is just plain wrong.

while yes, rodgers does have a tendancy to hold onto the ball for too long, this site:http://host.madison.com/app/interactive/sacktracker/ analyzes every sack that has occurred with rodgers this year and a majority of them are the line's fault.

while yes, rodgers does have a tendancy to hold onto the ball for too long, this site:http://host.madison.com/app/interactive/sacktracker/ analyzes every sack that has occurred with rodgers this year and a majority of them are the line's fault.

Thanks for the link, but the only thing this site shows is who got the sacks, which doesn't prove that it was the line's fault.

if you mouseover the dots, it does a brief analysis of the play.

Thanks for the info, but once again, even if you read the brief synopsis of each sack, a good portion of them say "doesn't get rid of the ball".

Look through them again, you'll see. Even so, the games that I have observed, which is quite a few, many of his sacks can be directly attributed to holding on to the ball for too long. Which btw, this isn't a criticism on his part, I think he has done a great job of being a very dangerous QB, it is more to show that his line isn't AS BAD as what many people here make it out to be. There is no doubt that much of this criticism is based solely on his sack stats.

Fortunately, a few other things you'll no longer hear from TE fans:

10) This whole checkdown stuff is a myth;

9) Bill Walsh loved him!

8) The guy does a great job of going through his progressions;

7) What do you expect him to do? No one is open!;

6) He has a winning record, and that's the bottom line;

5) "I'm not comparing him to Tom Brady, but if you look at Brady's early years...."

4) He's a really good game manager;

3) I really like his leadership qualities;

2) If he only had another weapon opposite Lee Evans;

and

1) POISE!

I dont know about you, but I have watched every GB game this year (Aaron is on one of my fantasy teams, plus I just enjoy watching him play). Let me say, his O line is worse than our O line. Maybe with our injuries now, we are probably equal or worse than his, but thats a recent development.

Jared Allen alone has 8 sacks against him in 2 games. One thing you are missing is that our O line has given up sginificantly less sacks under Fitz than Trent despite injuries to various guys on our O Line. Our O line is playing poorly for sure right now, but GB's is terrible.

More importnatly though...who cares who's line is worst...the point is they are both terrible lines and Aaron is highly productive and dominat despite his horrid line and Trent is one of the 3 least productive QB's in the NFL along with JaMarcus Russel and anyone who QB's the Browns, although Quinn just had a game last week that would take Trent 3 games to compile those stats he got in one game.