Top 10 things you won't hear

Albany,n.y.

This is your spin Magox, and it is obvious to anyone who takes the time to read your posts. To say that the Packers offensive line isn't even almost as bad as the Bills, is flat out wrong. I have watched the majority of Green Bay's games this year. Just like Alpha I go and watch the games every week at the same bar, that has the ticket. You have no idea what Aaron Rodgers has to do, just to survive behind that line. It's nothing short of amazing.

Your dilemma is how do you convince others that most of those sacks are his fault. The problem is that anyone who watches the games sees right through your crap. The truth is Buffalo has a piss poor line much like Green Bay's, but probably slightly better. Aaron Rodgers would make alot of plays behind this line. Sorry to burst your bubble. TE certainly didn't get helped behind this line but his play speaks for itself.

The line seems to hold up much better for Fitzpatrick. Why do you think that is?

Edwards 181 attempts 21 sacks

Fitzpatrick 108 attempts 6 sacks

Kind of makes you wonder how bad it would look if Fitzy had been handeling the starting duties all year.

Here is a nice read on the packer line. If you don't trust me or the other posters who watch these games, just research it for yourself and you will find alot more articles just like it.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/69537632.html

Jesus Pushpile, you're better than this. I will break it down for you.

1. This is a popular but fallacious misconception regarding Aaron Rodgers and his offensive line. 2. This assumption is based purely on his sack stats and not from gameday observation. 3. Aaron Rodgers is a fantastic QB who plays without fear, he tends to hold on to the ball until he sees an open receiver. 4. Much of his sacks are attributed to holding the ball til the last second, which is another reason why he doesn't throw that many INT's, meaning that he doesn't rush out a pass because he is feeling the heat.

1. I am stating in sentence one that there is a misconception regarding how bad Green Bay's O-Line is. Do you follow so far?

2. This misconception is based on the sack totals. Are you still with me?

3. Here I am stating that Aaron Rodgers is a fantastic QB, who plays without fear, and that he holds the ball until he sees an open receiver. Anything wrong with that so far?

4. The reason why he gets many of his sacks is because he holds on to the ball, looking for that receiver, which is why he doesn't throw many INT's, which also means that he doesn't rush out of his passes.

How is this "spinning" it?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Pushpile, you're better than this. I will break it down for you.

1. This is a popular but fallacious misconception regarding Aaron Rodgers and his offensive line. 2. This assumption is based purely on his sack stats and not from gameday observation. 3. Aaron Rodgers is a fantastic QB who plays without fear, he tends to hold on to the ball until he sees an open receiver. 4. Much of his sacks are attributed to holding the ball til the last second, which is another reason why he doesn't throw that many INT's, meaning that he doesn't rush out a pass because he is feeling the heat.

1. I am stating in sentence one that there is a misconception regarding how bad Green Bay's O-Line is. Do you follow so far?

2. This misconception is based on the sack totals. Are you still with me?

3. Here I am stating that Aaron Rodgers is a fantastic QB, who plays without fear, and that he holds the ball until he sees an open receiver. Anything wrong with that so far?

4. The reason why he gets many of his sacks is because he holds on to the ball, looking for that receiver, which is why he doesn't throw many INT's, which also means that he doesn't rush out of his passes.

How is this "spinning" it?

The only one with the misconception is you my friend. You can't watch a Packers game without noticing how porous it is. If thats not enough the commentators are constantly reminding the viewers that it is one of the worst units we've seen in years. Rodgers hangs in there as long as he can but he has no choice, he rarely has time to get out of the pocket. Being one of the more mobile QBs in the league he has actually greatly reduced the number of sacks that should be credited to this group. It's really not all that close. The Bills pass protection has been poor but no where near all-time poor. Just looking at the stats, one would have to think that Edwards got himself sacked quite often. How else do you explain the huge difference with Fitz and him.

Aaron Rodgers had 34 total sacks last year. He has 44 now and the final total is going to crush last year. He didn't all of sudden forget how to get rid of the ball.

It's like talking to a bunch of preschoolers.

I said it 3 times already. The misconception is that the line is not as bad as some people make it out to be. That's the misconception :lol:

It's really not that difficult. :beer:

So you ARE IMPLYING that the Green Bay line is GOOD by that statement!!!

The only one with the misconception is you my friend. You can't watch a Packers game without noticing how porous it is. If thats not enough the commentators are constantly reminding the viewers that it is one of the worst units we've seen in years. Rodgers hangs in there as long as he can but he has no choice, he rarely has time to get out of the pocket. Being one of the more mobile QBs in the league he has actually greatly reduced the number of sacks that should be credited to this group. It's really not all that close. The Bills pass protection has been poor but no where near all-time poor. Just looking at the stats, one would have to think that Edwards got himself sacked quite often. How else do you explain the huge difference with Fitz and him.

Aaron Rodgers had 34 total sacks last year. He has 44 now and the final total is going to crush last year. He didn't all of sudden forget how to get rid of the ball.

Then you have also heard the commentators say that he sometimes holds on to the ball too long. I'm not going to repeat what I said again, but to just put things into context, Meredith didn't even make their final squad, and he has been one of our most solid starters, and sometimes the next player on the depth chart has had to come in and start.

I will leave with that.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Then you have also heard the commentators say that he sometimes holds on to the ball too long. I'm not going to repeat what I said again, but to just put things into context, Meredith didn't even make their final squad, and he has been one of our most solid starters, and sometimes the next player on the depth chart has had to come in and start.

I will leave with that.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Fair enough, buddy. Our line is enough to worry about. :lol:

Top 10 things you won't hear from former Edwards' supporters...

10) He just needs more time.

9) If he ever gets good coaching...

8) The coaches screwed him.

7) We'll be able to get a 1st round pick for him, at worst a 2nd round pick.

6) How could he ever play well behind that line?

5) He has the potential to be a top 10 QB.

4) His 1st season as a starter was better than Jim Kelly's, just look at the stats.

3) Let's bring him back.

2) He felt starting in the UFL was better for him than being a backup in the NFL.

1) He's not in the NFL this season, but he'll be back and he will light it up and haunt us for years.

1) Congratulations, JP, on your UFL Championship ring. :lol:

fixed

This is your spin Magox, and it is obvious to anyone who takes the time to read your posts. To say that the Packers offensive line isn't even almost as bad as the Bills, is flat out wrong. I have watched the majority of Green Bay's games this year. Just like Alpha I go and watch the games every week at the same bar, that has the ticket. You have no idea what Aaron Rodgers has to do, just to survive behind that line. It's nothing short of amazing.

Your dilemma is how do you convince others that most of those sacks are his fault. The problem is that anyone who watches the games sees right through your crap. The truth is Buffalo has a piss poor line much like Green Bay's, but probably slightly better. Aaron Rodgers would make alot of plays behind this line. Sorry to burst your bubble. TE certainly didn't get helped behind this line but his play speaks for itself.

The line seems to hold up much better for Fitzpatrick. Why do you think that is?

Edwards 181 attempts 21 sacks

Fitzpatrick 108 attempts 6 sacks

Kind of makes you wonder how bad it would look if Fitzy had been handeling the starting duties all year.

Here is a nice read on the packer line. If you don't trust me or the other posters who watch these games, just research it for yourself and you will find alot more articles just like it.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/69537632.html

Like I said Magox, you do this with regularity on this board and I am not the only one who sees it.

One more note on what Pushthepile just said, Fitz has been playing behind a line more injury plagued than what Trent stood behind while taking far less sacks...

One more note on what Pushthepile just said, Fitz has been playing behind a line more injury plagued than what Trent stood behind while taking far less sacks...

Who is arguing that Trent is better at avoiding sacks than Fitz? :lol:

You just can't get it out of your thick skull, where have I brought up TE? Show me where I have made this about TE. Show me.

I'm guessing is that with super athletic QBs who have the talent but not the temperament to master the position there's always hope that they can get it together and be successful. As opposed to a feeble armed Mary who's just going through the motions of taking the snap and dumping it off to make the stat sheet look good.

Losman has the tools to be an effective starting QB, whether he elevates his game is up to him.

Edwards ... I'm guessing that's why we shouldn't be expecting to hear the calls for him to be the starter, kinda like Todd Collins is still in the league as an afterthought.

I think that you should ask yourself whether or not you believe the actual fact that JP Losman sucks as an NFL quarterback. Seriously, what do you think? Also, do you think that Marv Levy sucked as a GM? Did Jauron suck as a coach?

These are 3 examples of people who completely sucked at all phases of thir employment from day 1. If you disagree, I would really like to hear why.

Like I said Magox, you do this with regularity on this board and I am not the only one who sees it.

Should the Bills bring back Losman? Please tell us your opinion.