Fewell does the unthinkable!!!

I thought for sure we'd win last week. I really did.

I did too. And I still think we'll give the Fins a much more competitive game than we did the first time around as well.

If he wins 4 games with this injured team then I would have to keep him as the DC.

He will have earned the right.

He certainly will have. And I think he knows that. The cards are definitely stacked against Fewell, let's face it. But, you have to think he, as much as each of the players, are interviewing for their jobs next season whether it be in Buffalo or somewhere else. I hope he does well and proves to us all that he does deserve the right to stay.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So am I the only one who would be okay with them retaining Fewell as the HC?

No. If all else fails and we end up with Fewell it wouldnt be the end of the world. If he pushes this team like he has been in practice and during the game last week, I would not be the least bit upset. But that having been said, I want Shanahan as our next HC.

Doesn't sound like a coach who's just willing to go along for a 7 game ride.

If it was 5-7 years ago, even maybe 4, I'd love to consider giving Fewell an opportunity to prove himself like Singletary or Raheem Morris. He's already doing things the way I'd love the Bills head coach to do them.

Unfortunately, we HAVE to sign a big name this time around, but maybe Fewell will get a chance somewhere else if he does okay down the stretch.

I wonder how we will all feel when Fewell wins 3 Super Bowls UFL Championships with the Lions Tuskers?

PTR

I will be just fine as the Bills win three Superbowls with Shanny...

Honeslty though, I like what Fewell has done so far in terms of making these guys football players again. But Fewell totally blew the game management at half and in the 4th, then in his press confrence he admitted he was playing for 3 at half, not a TD. That my friends is a LOSER any way you cut it. FGs lose games in the NFL because they mean you didnt score 7, and are just a sign that the other team will beat you in the end. Add in the little buddy cover two, I am not a fan.

I thought for sure we'd win last week. I really did.

Might have had a better chance if they would have let the Jags score once they got to the 10 yard line. They wasted precious time and time outs and didn't leave themselves enough time to come back at the end.

Might have had a better chance if they would have let the Jags score once they got to the 10 yard line. They wasted precious time and time outs and didn't leave themselves enough time to come back at the end.

"Let them score?"

I don't know about that. I, however, would have just blitzed the house, hoping they make a mistake, or worse case scenario, they end up scoring.

I will be just fine as the Bills win three Superbowls with Shanny...

Honeslty though, I like what Fewell has done so far in terms of making these guys football players again. But Fewell totally blew the game management at half and in the 4th, then in his press confrence he admitted he was playing for 3 at half, not a TD. That my friends is a LOSER any way you cut it. FGs lose games in the NFL because they mean you didnt score 7, and are just a sign that the other team will beat you in the end. Add in the little buddy cover two, I am not a fan.

I'll give you the end of the first half but no way did he blow the end of the game. He played it perfect. If he called timeouts any sooner the Bills would not have gotten the ball back with any time on the clock. How is getting the ball with 1:04 and one time out blowing it?

PTR

I'll give you the end of the first half but no way did he blow the end of the game. He played it perfect. If he called timeouts any sooner the Bills would not have gotten the ball back with any time on the clock. How is getting the ball with 1:04 and one time out blowing it?

PTR

I was thinking he should have called a timeout just prior to the 2 minute warning. We would have used all our timeouts, but assuming the same number of plays for the Jags to score, we would have gotten the ball back with about 30-35 seconds more on the clock.

So, what's better 1 minute and 1 timeout or 1:30 with no timeouts? 6 in one hand, half a dozen in the otherr with our offense quite honestly. Still, that's what I was thinking.

The end of the 2nd quarter; however, was botched pretty bad IMO.

Loved his answer in the press conference. Why did you practice outside today in the rain?

"Never trust your local meteorologist."

Good stuff. The guy is too straitght forward and honest in his answers to be a HC in the NFL.

So am I the only one who would be okay with them retaining Fewell as the HC?

nope. I'd be just fine with it... IF they get a serious football guy in here to run the FO. I'm even ok with AVP running the offense if he can have a few more showings like last weeks. if AVP can get ryan fitzpatrick to throw for almost 300yds then he is worth his weight in gold.

Nobody complained when the SB Bills routinely practiced in the bubble during the golden years. Those players couldn't be accused of being soft and Marv rarely, if ever, practiced in inclement weather. It was more important for the team to have quality practices with good execution of the game plan.

GO BILLS!!!

I think the difference is that team had earned the right to practice inside. This team isn't that team.

I have been an ardent critic of Fewell's as a DC but it's probably personnel as much as anything.

Well you heard him, everyone. The King of TSW has spoken.

You really did defend Dick endlessly. And now you want Fewell after one game.

I actually like Perry but I'm not sure if he's worthy of retaining the position. Let's see how the rest of the season plays out before we anoint him the next one.