Lovie Smith, anyone?

Just curious to see what The Wall thinks of the Bears HC.

He's posted a 48-38 record with the Bears with a SB appearance on his record. Rumors are flying that he'll be let go after the season. The only reason I mention him is because it's looking like its Shanny or bust in terms of big name coaches so I'm scanning around for what other options are available to us.

Listen guys, if Shanahan leaves without a deal, then we need a real front office first.

Last I checked, Modrak and Guy are still employed at OBD.

We need a real GM. Reese, Allen, Accorsi (if he could be convinced to come back) and Wolf are all masters at their craft. All would be excellent candidates to start with. Alot of people rave about Chicago's Greg Gabriel, but I don't know who has been drafted over there that is worth a snot. Seeing as how he is in charge of their drafting, I don't see where he has done a good job. He's A Buffalo guy, so maybe he could take over for John Guy. This would serve to round him out, and perhaps groom him to one day be a GM. Kokinis may also be a good candidate for Pro Personnel. That dude with the Giants may be a good choice for Pro Personnel, too.

I would also promote Buddy Nix to be head of college scouting, and give him free rein to select his own scouting staff. This would round out the front office and build it into something to be proud of. Modrak has had too much time to prove that he sucks.

Then, with the front office in place, I would go about letting the GM select who he wants as head coach. That head coach can go about selecting his staff. And that that staff, front office, and GM can start drafting and signing free agents to reshape this team into a winner.

Then these national idiots currently bashing the Bills organization can eat their words in a couple of years when this team is back leading the pack, and these "top dog" coaches can whimper back to their million dollar contracts as they try to handle coaching and GM duties at the same time.

GO BILLS!

He's posted a 48-38 record with the Bears with a SB appearance on his record. Rumors are flying that he'll be let go after the season. The only reason I mention him is because it's looking like its Shanny or bust in terms of big name coaches so I'm scanning around for what other options are available to us.

Let me think about that ... NO!

No thank you. He looks lost 95% of the time and his team is underwhelming.

Yes, I think we should start scouting head coaches who are about to be fired. THAT is how we will build a winner! ;)

<just busting your chops>