New Vic Carucci article

Jerry Jabber

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good writeup. I think Vic did a good job in not taking any cheap shots at the Bills in the article.

I agree. If Ralph is serious about offering $10 million a year, or how Vic put it in the article "Whatever it takes", Shanahan or some other top coach will come here. Who in their right mind would pass up $10 million a year?

I agree. If Ralph is serious about offering $10 million a year, or how Vic put it in the article "Whatever it takes", Shanahan or some other top coach will come here. Who in their right mind would pass up $10 million a year?

Gruden already did. Don't overestimate how much no one wants to coach and build this team. The Bills are a LOOOOOOOONG way from good and have an ownership situation that could get a lot worse (meaning the Bills could get a lot worse).

Gruden already did. Don't overestimate how much no one wants to coach and build this team. The Bills are a LOOOOOOOONG way from good and have an ownership situation that could get a lot worse (meaning the Bills could get a lot worse).

How hate has filled the minds of you bandwagon fans.

All Buffalo needs is to beef up the O Line and switch away from the Tampa 2 defense and they can once again challenge for the AFCE.

The Defense that bends too much after 3 seasons HAS to change. It can't get worse.

The run game sucks not because we dumped fat assed peters but because we have (sorry had) 2 if not 3 inexperienced OL starting on the line.

Yes. The college $ is very good these days, has several perks that the pro clubs won't offer, you don't have to tolerate lip from players and be a Kindergarten Cop, as well as not having to deal with their NFLPA union sass.

After reading that, it seems like Shanahan might not be the best option after all

I agree, he sounds like the perfect fit for Washington. There is really no need to bring in someone who is going to manage by

trial and error and maybe dig an even bigger hole in 3-4 years. Maybe bring him in along with a strong willed GM and he

might work out.

Yes. The college $ is very good these days, has several perks that the pro clubs won't offer, you don't have to tolerate lip from players and be a Kindergarten Cop, as well as not having to deal with their NFLPA union sass.

Who is your dadddy...and what does he do??

I'm detective John Kimble!!!

I'm a cop YOU ID-DEE-OT!!!!!

I don't agree with this at all. No team in the NFL is a long way from good. That's how teams can go from 1-15 one year, then winning their division the next.

And as far as the "ownership situation," when it changes, it's only going to get better. And part of the "situation" is that Ralph won't part with his greenbacks. But he's going to now. So what's the situation.

A little credibility in the front office and at the HC position, and free agents will want to come here.

And the fan base .. with the exception of some of the hate filled ones ... is one of the best in the NFL, too.

Interesting tidbit...If Vic is right--Coach Jauron's extension was not a 3 year extension of the original 3 year deal but only included 2 new years -- 2009 and 2010. Ralph "only" owes him through the end of 2010 not to 2011. They must have ripped up the original deal when they negotiated the extension last year and the new $3.5M a year deal was for 2008, 2009, 2010.

We are a decent QB away from being good.

The part that scares me about Shanahan is he's bringing his DC with him. It's a package deal. His defense sucked in Denver. Why would we want his DC here? But if that's what it would take, maybe you do it anyway.

No, you wouldn't. You want Shanahan's offense. His defense was horrendous. I'd rather take a shot with a hot coordinator at this point.

No, you wouldn't. You want Shanahan's offense. His defense was horrendous. I'd rather take a shot with a hot coordinator at this point.

Yes I would. I'd take Shanahan and his DC and hope this 3-4 thing he's been studying up on works out before I'd take a shot with a hot coordinator at this point.

Agreed. 1) He wants to bring that same pourous defense with him? 2) I remember being in salary cap hell; it was not fun.

My biggest problem with all of the Shanahan speculation is his defense. I'm all for changing our current defense, but he has been known for having crap teams outside of his offense. $10mil per year doesn't guarantee success and I don't think too many people will be happy about just having a potent passing game and still not makign the playoffs because the defense can't stop ****. Maybe part of the allure for him with our job is that he views our defense as having enought talent to where he can bring in his DC, make a few scheme changes and add a the necessary players, and it's all set. Like changing to a 3-4 and getting some beefier players up front (i.e. an NT and maybe one DE) and feeling OK about the D. We have enough smallish type DEs now to russell up two to play OLD in the 3-4, while Poz and Mitchell play the middle. I would think our secondary is good enough to not have to get mroe of those types, but it would be appropriately ironic if Shanny came here and started drafting DBs.

The major benefit with him though would be that I can't think of another coach who I'd trust more to draft and develop a QB. Too bad we couldn't just hire him to pick and mentor a new QB for a year or two and then get soemone in here who can put a defense together.

After reading that, it seems like Shanahan might not be the best option after all

I got to admit Shanahan was one of my top choices, but after reading that, it would not hurt my feelings if the Bills said no.