Rex Ryan and Mike Singletary

Remember when everybody was soooo jealous of the playoff bound Jets and 49ers because they had fiery head coaches who yelled at people? Both of those teams are on major slides and currently stand at 4-6.

Granted, I'd take both of them over Jauron, but can everybody finally agree that the degree to which a coach manifests his emotion on the sidelines has nothing to do with results?

Mediocre coaches coaching mediocre teams.

Rex Ryan has turned into a puss since the Jets have started sliding. Not just cause he's been crying in front of the media, but because he should be slapping Sanchez upside the head when he makes his stupid bonehead mistakes.

And having a fiery HC is only part of a much more complex equation. Don't think you can say that it has NOTHING to do with success...sometimes it's just part of it.

Remember when everybody was soooo jealous of the playoff bound Jets and 49ers because they had fiery head coaches who yelled at people? Both of those teams are on major slides and currently stand at 4-6.

Granted, I'd take both of them over Jauron, but can everybody finally agree that the degree to which a coach manifests his emotion on the sidelines has nothing to do with results?

I agree with you-

I just think it is a natural reaction by people after, basically having a corpse on the sidelines the last 3 1/2 years.

49er's have lost to mostly good teams and have beaten last year's conference champs. Their schedule gets much easier.

I would still take Singletary over 90% of the coaches around the league today. His offensive roster is worse than ours, just not as injured. His team competes every week not like our joke of a team. Give him a competant roster and his wins improve.

And Ryan has his D playign great as well. How many games do you want him to win when his QB turns the ball over 4 times a game.

I agree. I love the mentality of some fans.

The Bills aren't winning, their HC isn't fiery, therefore all HC's who aren't fiery are losers. :wallbash: Let's see how that works the other way.

Eric Mangini is a fiery coach...

Rex Ryan is such a hack. He'll have a nice career being a sponsor for Kleenex after he officialy fails at hc. At least the last Ravens dc to fail as a hc had the decenecy to be a sharp dresser, unlike that balling blob. Of the few things that give me enjoyment in the NFL, it will be watching Rex Ryan fail, after he was annointed by the media here.

The Bills aren't winning, their HC isn't fiery, therefore all HC's who aren't fiery are losers. :wallbash: Let's see how that works the other way.

Spot on man. Some of us need to enroll in logic 101.

Personally, I think you "scream" at everybody, you're one-dimensional. One-dimensional approaches do not work, in the NFL or in life. I enjoyed watching Mike Singletary as much as the next guy in the 80s, but numbers don't lie.

In Ryan's case, he has a rookie QB making rookie mistakes. This is costing him games.

49er's have lost to mostly good teams and have beaten last year's conference champs. Their schedule gets much easier.

I would still take Singletary over 90% of the coaches around the league today. His offensive roster is worse than ours, just not as injured. His team competes every week not like our joke of a team. Give him a competant roster and his wins improve.

And Ryan has his D playign great as well. How many games do you want him to win when his QB turns the ball over 4 times a game.

I'm not sold on Ryan but living here in the bay area, I'm pretty convinced that Singletary is doing a great job. The Niners have had injuries at key positions, mediocre quarterbacking, the Crabtree distraction, and a tough schedule.

I think he has that team overachieving. They're not that talented with a few exceptions.

As for the original post, I agree with Sage. I also think that the the admiration goes beyond the yelling, screaming thing and extends into just how a coach carries himself. Cowher has his trademark jutting jaw. Gruden has his scowling and grimacing. It has really no bearing on how good a coach they are but it's a part of their trademark.

And Mangini was good enough to beat the Bills :wallbash:

Actually the JETS have a lot of talent...They have the best OL in football and one of the best running tandems in the game and they are just one game ahead of us...