I think its time we start bracing ourselves that

Wilson will NOT bring in a high powered coach/GM. He'll milk it like he's serious, talk about how he wanted to bring in the best but it didn't work out, and then hire a cheap shlub like Dom Capers saying he'll be better than all those celebrity options anyhow, and we're lucky to have him.

...and the "Billieving" fools will fall in line like sheep.

I get that sinking feeling as well. Although I'm kind of glad that Cowher turned down the interview, I'm hoping Shotty gets a call.

I didn't hear that but it means the top prospects are already fling one after the other, first Gruden, now Cowher, Shanny we will know next week I guess, then??

Martyball it is!

I get that sinking feeling as well. Although I'm kind of glad that Cowher turned down the interview, I'm hoping Shotty gets a call.

This is pathetic. Why even call Cowher before you know if he is interested? It would be pretty easy to find out... the NFL is a small world. Shared agents, former players, coaches. How hard would it be to float the question before an 'official' phone call is made? This tells me that this search is a charade. Ralph and Brandon probably were caught off guard that Shanahan even agreed to an interview.

So as not to be dissapointed.

We need Marty Shottenheimer........

John, for this particular football team, Marty might actually be the best available. The man has a proven, winning system. He has rebuit cold weather teams and WAS a Buffalo Bill. I know all about his playoff record and I truly don't care, because you can't get to the superbowl without making the playoffs, something Marty's teams do.

This board is growing. Could you imagine TBD if the Bills actually won football games? Marty Schottenheimer coached teams WIN football games.

The time is now Brother.

PS: I wouldn't even mind Wade.

John, for this particular football team, Marty might actually be the best available. The man has a proven, winning system. He has rebuit cold weather teams and WAS a Buffalo Bill. I know all about his playoff record and I truly don't care, because you can't get to the superbowl without making the playoffs, something Marty's teams do.

This board is growing. Could you imagine TBD if the Bills actually won football games? Marty Schottenheimer coached teams WIN football games.

The time is now Brother.

I've never understood all the scorn for Wade. Brought us to the playoffs, anyway, and with RJ and Flutie at the helm.

The time is now Brother.

That's because you just want to see the Bills make the playoffs.

But after about 6 years of seeing the Bills consistently losing in the first or second round of the playoffs, that tune will change.

Chokenheimer is the classic underachieving tease, with the key word being underachieving.

Stop settling for 'good enough', and especially 'good enough for now'.

Demand more.

I really sense Ralph wants to bring in a big time coach. But as I heard Colin Cowherd say last week, "Buffalo is not a place you go when you have choices." I really think it's going to be embarassing for Ralph and the organization as Buffalo becomes a 2nd or 3rd choice job for these top coaches. But Ralph really has no one to blame but himself.

I've never understood all the scorn for Wade. Brought us to the playoffs, anyway, and with RJ and Flutie at the helm.

Flutie got us to the playoffs, but I don't think that was good enough at the time...looking back they were the best of times, they were the worst of times.

Oh, and the sky is falling, we might as well just brace ourselves...Rick Venturi is the only one answering the phone...

For crying out freaking loud...is there any any optimism in here? Ralph WILL NOT, Ralph is gonna screw us, Ralph this, Ralph that. Ralph has kept an effing team in WNY instead of moving them...what would you spend all of your time complaining about if he had moved them?? I am sure you could find something...like the weather, too hot, too cold, too sunny, too dark, too windy, too calm... How about some constructive freaking feedback. It would be best if we planted that attitude on the opponents boards...wait a minute, are you wearing teal and orange?

Marty Does make sense...Wade I am not sure about. Marty former AFL Champion Buffalo Bill, back with Ralphy to return us to the glory? Really in the end that would be a great story, after his falling short, and our historic O'fer.... I am misting up just thinking about the locker room speech at half time as we come roaring back to finally win the big game, for Ralph, Marty, TO and you!!

I would love for the Bills to hire Schottenheimer as a front office guy (GM, President, Consultant, etc). I think he is a mediocre coach and even if he were hired to coach, he can only coach for a short time (2-5 years max). I know, I know. Marv was old, blah blah blah. Marty is 67 years old. He's not a long term solution. But I think he could help in a consultative capacity for a few years like Parcells is doing in Miami.

So as not to be dissapointed.

We need Marty Shottenheimer........

I don't think we need THE top guy, whoever you may think that is. We need a guy who can coach, do a good job of evaluating players strengths and weaknesses, maximize their strengths, plug round pegs into round holes AND motivate them.

I'd be open to a relatively unknown guy if that person was really good at those things. I'd rather have results from a sleeper than a big name coach who stubbornly insists on doing it the same way he did it back in Schmooville when that clearly won't work here. Like Mangini and Mooch, for example.

I'm not against a Cowher or Shanahan etc. per se, but I don't think that's the only way to turn things around.

Wilson will NOT bring in a high powered coach/GM. He'll milk it like he's serious, talk about how he wanted to bring in the best but it didn't work out, and then hire a cheap shlub like Dom Capers saying he'll be better than all those celebrity options anyhow, and we're lucky to have him.

...and the "Billieving" fools will fall in line like sheep.

You know this as fact?

:rolleyes:

Why do you waste so much time on a message board of a team that you so blatantly hate? I mean, calling fans of the team "fools"? You are much more suited to being a Pats fan, IMO.

That's because you just want to see the Bills make the playoffs.

But after about 6 years of seeing the Bills consistently losing in the first or second round of the playoffs, that tune will change.

Chokenheimer is the classic underachieving tease, with the key word being underachieving.

Stop settling for 'good enough', and especially 'good enough for now'.

Demand more.

i dont know about everyone else. but i can take the bills going to the playoffs 6 years in a row. i have been a nice dude for at leas 4 or 5 days this year. i think i deserve it. we have been begging/hoping for just one appearance. if some guy promises 6 playoff berths and delivers....thats great! :rolleyes:

i am pretty sure cynical, you would be ok if somehow we won the next 6 in a row. somehow made wildcard at 9-7. cmon now cynical. :thumbsup:

ps. we cant demand anything. we suck. remember. <_<