Maybin Watch...

Kipers Hair

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the correction English Professor.....I will better prepare my thread next time....you may want to check over the rest of these treads and correct them as well there sparky....

Happy correcting!! LOL

I dont think he was correcting your diction rather he was sarcastically questioning whether Maybin should be in on any down at all, much less be an every down player....

A legit question judging from yesterday I guess. Couldn't watch but I see Maybins name nowhere in the stat lines.

I dont think he was correcting your diction rather he was sarcastically questioning whether Maybin should be in on any down at all, much less be an every down player....

A legit question judging from yesterday I guess. Couldn't watch but I see Maybins name nowhere in the stat lines.

:unsure:

yes...it is obvious that Maybin would be an all pro OLB in a 3-4 because he is such a bad Defensive End.

Wow, after one season in which the HC gets fired, everyone is ready to call this guy a bust!! IMO, we should have drafted Orakpo, but that didn't happen. If Maybin is not doing well or DE so far, why not give him a shot a LB?

Wow, I have been heavily entrenched (and heavily criticized) on the anti-Maybin bandwagon from the get-go, but even I'm not ready to call him a bust. He's a boy.

I consider him a expectation bust. A first round draft pick for a bad team better be starting and making some plays. He maybe great a year or 2 down the road, but what does that do for a team that needs impact players now? If he was drafted in any other round this conversation wouldn't be happening. So really it's the Bills first round draft choice that's a bust right now, not Maybin. (Although that remains to be seen.)

I consider him a expectation bust. A first round draft pick for a bad team better be starting and making some plays. He maybe great a year or 2 down the road, but what does that do for a team that needs impact players now? If he was drafted in any other round this conversation wouldn't be happening. So really it's the Bills first round draft choice that's a bust right now, not Maybin. (Although that remains to be seen.)

Right now, he would have been a great later round pick. Let's hope that there is a time when he justifies where we picked him. That time has not arrived yet.

This board drives me crazy thinking Maybin is a terrible player, and this will be the last post in defense of him. Name me one player at the DE position that has done a damn thing this entire season???? It takes time to develop for christs sake

Is it too much to ask him to make a couple of tackles? Hell with the sacks, just contribute....

Well here is the potential upside, apperantly Shanahan wants to run a 3-4 D when he gets where he is going. So.... we can put Maybin in his more natural position at OLB in a 3-4 and let him go after QB's.

Exactly...

He's either going to be a 3-4 OLB or a nobody in The NFL...He's not a 4-3 End...Just about everyone except The Bills Coaches and Scouting Department knew that LONG before the 09 Draft... :lol:

Exactly...

He's either going to be a 3-4 OLB or a nobody in The NFL...He's not a 4-3 End...Just about everyone except The Bills Coaches and Scouting Department knew that LONG before the 09 Draft... :lol:

I don't think Pos knew either.

Right now, he would have been a great later round pick. Let's hope that there is a time when he justifies where we picked him. That time has not arrived yet.

I don't have a problem with a guy taking time to learn the game, which is why I have a problem with the big contracts rookies get in the NFL. We pay these guys a tonne of money when they are not able to produce, maybe we would all feel better if the rookie pay structure was different and we were getting our moneys worth?

I don't have a problem with a guy taking time to learn the game, which is why I have a problem with the big contracts rookies get in the NFL. We pay these guys a tonne of money when they are not able to produce, maybe we would all feel better if the rookie pay structure was different and we were getting our moneys worth?

So true. That is one of the major reasons why he has been a disappointment. It is a lot of money for a guy who has not contributed a thing so far in his first year.

I really got worried when there were rumors spinning out of the OTA's that he looked bad and not what the Bills had hoped for. He has done nothing to dispel those rumors. On top of that, we are paying the guy a ton of money.

You sure about that? Nelson seems like a great later round pick. Maybin would be a project if selected in the later rounds, too.