Maybin Watch...

Kipers Hair

This was a total whiff by Modrak and company who'll probably be fired at the end of the season. Maybin will never be able to play DE in the NFL. Not not big enough. And no off-season conditioning program nor experience is going to change that. He's built like a WR, tall and thin and gets dominated by offensive tackles. The only chance he even has of even playing is as a pass-rushing OLB in a 3-4 scheme.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009112204/2...guars#tab:watch

fast forward to 0:55. Maybin is at RDE. Not the best view, but you see him get planted. He sure looks like a DE on that one... :unsure:

I also want to ask this question... Why do people think he could play LB in a 3-4? Would he instantly become a good pas rusher? Learn to play with leverage? Would he grow stronger? I mean really whether he is a DE or LB his job is to rush the passer...I think he is just physically incapable of doing it. Maybe he could play safety?

To be fair he did get double teamed and got popped while spinning. I've never seen any of our DE's fight through a double team and get anywhere near the QB. I'm not ready to give up on the kid yet but he desperately needs an offseason in the weight room.

As to why he "might" be able to play LB in a 3-4. Two words Bryce Paup.

This board drives me crazy thinking Maybin is a terrible player, and this will be the last post in defense of him. Name me one player at the DE position that has done a damn thing this entire season???? It takes time to develop for christs sake

Tell that to the countless rookies who are playing extremely well this season, including Maclin Harvin Cushing Byrd Oher Britton Monroe Massaquoi and Orakpo, who has 5.5 sacks and plays two positions for a D that is much more talented than ours. Your argument might hold water if he was not the 11th player selected or a QB, but forgive me for expecting more.

I just wish he played and looked promising doing so. All he has done is played like a little b*tch getting crushed.

Tell that to the countless rookies who are playing extremely well this season, including Maclin Harvin Cushing Byrd Oher Britton Monroe Massaquoi and Orakpo, who has 5.5 sacks and plays two positions for a D that is much more talented than ours. Your argument might hold water if he was not the 11th player selected or a QB, but forgive me for expecting more.

I just wish he played and looked promising doing so. All he has done is played like a little b*tch getting crushed.

Hey now, the guy looked great against Akron!

To be fair he did get double teamed and got popped while spinning. I've never seen any of our DE's fight through a double team and get anywhere near the QB. I'm not ready to give up on the kid yet but he desperately needs an offseason in the weight room.

As to why he "might" be able to play LB in a 3-4. Two words Bryce Paup.

You were doing fine until your last two sentences. Bryce Paup? Did you even see Paup play? He and Aaron Maybin couldn't be more different. Paup played with plenty of leverage and push, two things that Maybin simply doesn't have right now.

I have given up trying to defend him......

He may pan out he may not......but bitching about a player that gets yanked in and out of the lineup who needs to get bigger at his position at a position on defense that tends not to do well in their first year......

I dont know man.......the jags have DE they took high who didn't do squat in his first year........he was making plays today.

I agree, give these young guys time. He is what 21 yrs old? Come on Bills Fans, have some patience. With a new coach and biiger players around the field we will be better, but stop singling out guys taht are our future hopefully. McCargo even looked decent yesterday.

Come on Bills Fans, have some patience. With a new coach and biiger players around the field we will be better, but stop singling out guys taht are our future hopefully. McCargo even looked decent yesterday.

Patience? What is that?...oh, like waiting over 10 years for a whiff of the playoffs? It is because we have McCargo (bust) and Maybin (reach) that we are still waiting for 10 years...

You were doing fine until your last two sentences. Bryce Paup? Did you even see Paup play? He and Aaron Maybin couldn't be more different. Paup played with plenty of leverage and push, two things that Maybin simply doesn't have right now.

No actually, I never saw him play. I just picked a name out of thin air and threw it out as an example. Is that actually the name of a real player...wow.

Paup played OLB primarily in a 3-4 set. He was an outstanding edge rusher but an average LB. Maybin has the size but more importantly the speed to be an outstanding linebacker IF he can make the transition.

I still think that Maybin would be far better off getting reps at OLB as opposed to sitting on the sidelines watching.

what is the four letter word I'm reaching for to describe Maybin...? oh...yeah BUST. Not that we had a need for a great player at other positions..like left tackle or anything. Not that there were any left tackles available when we drafted...like maybe..oh..Mike Oher...Not that even a MORON couldn't have figured out that we were going into the seaons with NO FREAKING OFFENSIVE line. Coach ought to be fired...Oh ...wait a minute...the coach has been fired?

Well here is the potential upside, apperantly Shanahan wants to run a 3-4 D when he gets where he is going. So.... we can put Maybin in his more natural position at OLB in a 3-4 and let him go after QB's.

That would be awesome!!!! Our best defenses were the 3-4. I agree that Maybin should be switched to LB.

Jeez guys get a freaking grip, a bust in his first year when almost every NFL draft analyst stated he would be a 3 year project.

All before last years draft I was posting about the problems of drafting undersized college DE's. Does everyone forget he was a 236 lb DE at Penn st and then 255 at the NFL combine?

The guy clearly needs to add muscle,2 more years experience and game time before I'd call him a bust.

Although, I'm still wondering what the scouting staff saw in this guy and didn't see in the "RAK" Orakpo

Jeez guys get a freaking grip, a bust in his first year when almost every NFL draft analyst stated he would be a 3 year project.

All before last years draft I was posting about the problems of drafting undersized college DE's. Does everyone forget he was a 236 lb DE at Penn st and then 255 at the NFL combine?

The guy clearly needs to add muscle,2 more years experience and game time before I'd call him a bust.

Although, I'm still wondering what the scouting staff saw in this guy and didn't see in the "RAK" Orakpo

Well that is an easy one, Maybin is undersized. Smallish for his position. Perfect fit with DJs strategy. That jerk!