Bills tried to sign Gruden

Ah so it has begun...good HC's not wanting to coach in Buffalo and or work for Ralph. Hey Ralph, how about you work hard to find a new owner to sell the team to and let him find the new GM/HC?

Jesus, you're a mess. Not just in terms of sentence structure, but just as a bitter, bitter person. How's the rest of your life doing?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gruden just resigned with ESPN for another 2 years as fans love the guy, no way would he even consider coaching in 2010 as he is having to much fun on MNF.

Jon Gruden: Up until this week I fully expected him to be jumping back into coaching in 2010. But he extended his broadcasting contract with ESPN and I am told that deal is pretty ironclad. There aren't many ways out in 2010 and Gruden loves his current gig. He sees the franchise John Madden created, and at age 45 is relishing the opportunity to build his brand off the field. A source very close to him told me "there is zero chance" Gruden coaches in 2010. Washington would have been a very viable option, but "that ship has sailed," the source said.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=090...mp;confirm=true

I don't think Gruden would have been a good choice. He's not the kind of coach players go out and play for and he is borderline self absorbed. He's an offensive scheme guy yet he hasn't developed any QB of consequence in about 5-8 years. That with having a revolving stable door of QBs in his barn.

That being said, he seemed to be infatuated with Bills on MNF this season. I am surprised he didn't bite on the offer. He really must love TV.

C

That's the way I would fight it if he wants to go to court for full pay.

"Hey judge, we asked him to stay, but he didn't want to, so we consider that him quitting."

Rumor had it that Mike Brown pulled that on former CIN HC Sam Wyche. He claimed that Wyche quit during a "closed door" meeting", and refused to pay him. IIRC, Wyche eventually got his dough.

Gruden

BUFFALO (WIVB) - Jon Gruden as the Bills new head coach? If Ralph Wilson had his way, it would have happened. Sources tell News 4 Sports that Gruden was the top choice of the Bills to replace Dick Jauron.

If this is true, I find it maddening. I think Gruden would be a good head coach. Finally, Ralph is trying to hire a bonafide coach and he's not interested. :(

Nah. They asked him not just if he wanted to stay, but if he wanted to stay as a lame duck.

I'm betting Jauron and Wilson will work out some compromise on the contract anyway.

I think with the high-end tax rate going up, Jauron would have been smart to take a buyout now. I'm not sure what the differential in tax rates is (I wish my income was high enough so that I would have reason to know :( ), but Ralph might be able to save a few points on the remainder of the contract by buying Dick out now -

Gruden was the 2nd tier of coaches I wanted, with guys like Dungy and Billick, but below Shanahan, Cowher, and Holmgren. But it's good to see the Bills made a play for him. If the Bills can't get one of them, despite Wilson offering full control and whatever money they want, then we can finally put to rest the claim that it's Wilson that's been the problem in landing top-flight coaches.

As for Dick being offered to stay for the season but declining, I think it was a classy move on the Bills' part. Dick will still get his money.

Who's the Master????

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...p;#entry1585563

At this point, with the Bills a putrid 1 & 3 and all, I would like nothing more than to see the Bills lose to the Browns on Sunday. Hell, I don't mind watching them lose just enough games to get Jauron and the entire FO fired! Even if it means we don't win another game all season.

Nothing will ever change with these clowns running the show. Every time I watch the Bills play I see nothing but an inept, rag-tag, sorry ass, no game plan having, under-prepared bunch of buffoons. They run a sorry excuse of a program. It's an embarrassment.

This is nothing new around here. The vast majority here already know these guys are responsible for all the losing and would like nothing more than to see some guys that are good at what they do wearing Buffalo blue, white, and red. These guys, although intelligent off the field, are complete morons on it. I cant wait to see them go! I will throw a freaking party that starts on Friday and ends on Monday when this finally happens!

I know I'll get flamed for saying this, but I'd like to see the Bills lose, and you know what, I don't care. You can question my loyalty to the Bills all you want. I know it's not true. I'm not shy to say I want the Bills to tank it-bad!

As a matter of fact, I want to make a prediction. Jauron will not be fired, he will resign. Whether it's by force or not, I don't know. I'm not even sure it will happen during the season or later in the off season.

Every time the Bills lose this season I will have a smile on my face. And so should you.

really, thats not hard to guess that he would "Resign". Alot of coaches are given that option to save some face and make their exit look better, and Ralph is to nice of a guy to just go out and fire someone, especially someone whom he like personally.

This is B.S. It's kinda like a nobody filmmaker in 2009 Hollywood going up to the Paramount people and saying, "We wanna make this movie, and we've been talking to Marilyn Monroe's people. If not her, Betty Grable would be PERFECT for the role." Nevermind that they've been DEAD for years.

Gruden decided MONTHS ago that he was not going to coach in 2010, am I wrong here?

More smoke up our butts from old Ralphie Boy. That's all this crap is.

Ah so it has begun...good HC's not wanting to coach in Buffalo and or work for Ralph. Hey Ralph, how about you work hard to find a new owner to sell the team to and let him find the new GM/HC?

If he does that, you're going to have a whole new set of problems. Any owner or group of people who buys this team will immediately be in a large debt hole. That will, at minimum, mean increased ticket prices, parking prices,personal seat licenses, etc.

At the worst, the new owners will move the team.

Of course, that might actually be what some people on this board want, since it will open up a whole new world of things that they can be indignant about.

Update from Rotoworld:

Nov. 21 - 5:18 pm et

The Bills will not make any hires until after the season, according to WIVB in Buffalo.

The TV station stands by their earlier report that Jon Gruden was the top choice to replace Dick Jauron, but now admits there was no face-to-face meeting. The Bills will hold informal talks during the rest of the 2009 campaign, but interim coach Perry Fewell will captain the ship.

Gruden

BUFFALO (WIVB) - Jon Gruden as the Bills new head coach? If Ralph Wilson had his way, it would have happened. Sources tell News 4 Sports that Gruden was the top choice of the Bills to replace Dick Jauron.

Well, I'll give them credit. For once they appear to have identified the best available coach for the Bills organization.

Problem is, they should have canned Jauron last winter and gotten Gruden before he got cozy on MNF.

And as for the people that complain he hasn't developed a QB....he didn't have a QB to develop. But making never was old journeyman like Rich Gannon and Brad Johnson into SB QB's is as impressive as developing any young QB. When he arrived in Tampa that roster was so old that they had to basically rebuild the whole team and do it without the two first rounders they traded for him. They didn't draft great when he was there, but they also didn't draft QB's early. He squeezed a lot of production out of a lot of journeyman QB's his entire career.