If Fewell gets at least 5 wins...

webtoe

If Fewell gets 5 or more wins with this team in its current condition and this remaining schedule, than I don't see how they could not give him the job full time as he might be the 2nd coming of Lombardi.

11/22 @ Jacksonville Jaguars 1:00 pm

11/29 MIAMI DOLPHINS 1:00 pm

12/03 NEW YORK JETS (Toronto) 8:20 pm

12/13 @ Kansas City Chiefs 1:00 pm

12/20 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 1:00 pm

01/03 INDIANAPOLIS COLTS 1:00 pm

12/27 @ Atlanta Falcons 4:05 pm

They will not be favored in any of those games, and will be at least a 7pt underdog in the last 3.

If Fewell gets 5 or more wins with this team in its current condition and this remaining schedule, than I don't see how they could not give him the job full time as he might be the 2nd coming of Lombardi.

And he might the second coming of Hank Bullough.

The only way Fewell gets the HC job is for the Bills to win the remaining games, make the playoffs, and win the SB.

Other than that:

Shake his hand, give him a hearty pat on the back, and show him the exit.

This entire coaching staff (except for April, MAYBE) needs to go. Period.

They will not be favored in any of those games, and will be at least a 7pt underdog in the last 3.

Let's think about it, the Bills are interviewing head coaches while he is the acting head coach. Um yeah, he has no chance....

The only way Fewell gets the HC job is for the Bills to win the remaining games, make the playoffs, and win the SB.

Other than that:

Agreed. I also think the team will be lucky to win 3 games the rest of the way.

Even at 5-2, I still think it depends upon how the team is actually playing. If they look competent, he might actually hang onto the job, but if they win five games in the manner that they beat the Jets and Panthers, where both teams took turns trying to give the game away, it probably won't matter much.

I wouldn't get your hopes up there. Lets face reality. PF IS a breath of fresh air but this guy doesn't have enough experience heading up and entire football team let alone turning around an offense that has been in shambles for, well, we all know how long. I strongly believe that there is no one on this offense that knows HOW to be successful other then TO. Its tough to win when you don't really know how. And it sure as heck ain't gonna change with Van Smelt calling all the shots on offense. Now we have absolutely no direction for the rest of the year and all of you who are hoping for better are falling into the trap that we allways do.

Sit back and enjoy the circus that is OBD for the rest of the year and hope for the best in the offseason. I'm not sure there is anything that can turn this franchise around. It will take at least three years to get a new system in place and be successful. So all of you looking for instant gratification don't hold your breath. We can completely overhaul this team, new GM, HC, QB, OL and whatever else you're looking for but without steady growth we'd just be a fly by night team with no real silver lining and we could end up here saying the same things for the next 3 years. Things won't really change until the "BIG" change happens. You know what I'm talking about.

5 or more wins? WTH are you taking at 10:44 in the morning?

Other than that:

I agree that unless he catches fire against some good competition, Fewell isn't my first choice for head coach. But I mean let's be honest here, this is the same bad team that has been playing the games every sunday. They're not going anywhere. So that aside, I guess I could deal with him as a holdover, being the DC next year though I would prefer a defensive philosophy change. Besides April, I would really like to keep DB coach George Catavalos and DL coach Bob Sanders. I think they have shown to be flat out good in Catavalos' case and promising in Sanders'. Everyone else can find jobs elsewhere or, as is often the case with ex-Bills players and coaches, be out of the NFL.

NO

The Bills need a complete change from the top on down and that will require the new GM to bring in his own coach. PF could win out by blowing out everyone and he still doesn't get the job.

They will interview him for the job after the season is over and if he gets 4 wins with the remaining games I would be impressed.

But when you have a choice of some of the best coaches to even coach you have to take a stab at them.

You may never see this many good coaches looking for work again.

these are my guesses to what may happen.

Cowher......Carolina

Shanahan...Buffalo with Perry still DC

Dungy... retired still

Holgreem....Clevaland.

Chuckie.....in the booth.

Billick...in the booth.

I agree that unless he catches fire against some good competition, Fewell isn't my first choice for head coach. But I mean let's be honest here, this is the same bad team that has been playing the games every sunday. They're not going anywhere. So that aside, I guess I could deal with him as a holdover, being the DC next year though I would prefer a defensive philosophy change. Besides April, I would really like to keep DB coach George Catavalos and DL coach Bob Sanders. I think they have shown to be flat out good in Catavalos' case and promising in Sanders'. Everyone else can find jobs elsewhere or, as is often the case with ex-Bills players and coaches, be out of the NFL.

I understand the (your?) concept. Why punish the individual when he is doing the best that he can with what he has been given.

And you can make a pretty good case for the guys you listed.

However, as you stated, this team really is bad. And those coaches you have listed helped in producing what we have seen.

That's why I think they should clean house.

Will there be collateral damage? Yep. But it is an ugly necessity to restore this team.

If he wins 5 games, it means he stays as DC, not head coach. He needs to prove to the next head coach that he deserves to stay on as a coordinator.

They will interview him for the job after the season is over and if he gets 4 wins with the remaining games I would be impressed.

But when you have a choice of some of the best coaches to even coach you have to take a stab at them.

You may never see this many good coaches looking for work again.

these are my guesses to what may happen.

Cowher......Carolina

Shanahan...Buffalo with Perry still DC

Dungy... retired still

Holgreem....Clevaland.

Chuckie.....in the booth.

Billick...in the booth.

More likely

Shanahan......Dallas or Washington

Haslett or Fassel.....Buffalo