Jon gruden

holmgren

Marty Schottenheimer

Mike Shanahan

Bob Stoops

mike leach

jim harbaugh

those are the only guys i could picture winning a SB

**** man, you might have to apologize to Jim Caldwell or Sean Payton after one of them wins this year...

I could care less who the next coach is - I want a GM (seperate from the coach).

**** man, you might have to apologize to Jim Caldwell or Sean Payton after one of them wins this year...

I could care less who the next coach is - I want a GM (seperate from the coach).

the bills have failed picking a hot coordinator how many times in a row now?

also both those guys have HOF qbs we do not at the moment

I don't see Cowher coming back this soon -- but if I were Ralph -- I would offer him the farm to get him in here. He would turn this team full of pansies into a hard-nosed, running football (which is what we need in Buffalo).

I like Shanahan, but I always thought his Denver teams were more finesse and less brute force. Still -- I think he could help the offensive attack.

Gruden and Holmgren could be a package deal and that is definitely appealing also.

Bottom line -- I like this move but agree that we need an established HEAD COACH. I also think this could help us attract a bigger name head coach as those other teams (who will be looking for a head coach after this season) will not be able to talk until the season is over.

As for DJ -- he's a good man -- but over-matched as a head coach. It wouldn't surprise me if he emerged as a good D coordinator down the road ala the "good interview" Gregg Williams.

i dont want any coordinators only people who have been head coaches

Bill Cowher

Jon gruden

holmgren

Marty Schottenheimer

Mike Shanahan

Bob Stoops

mike leach

jim harbaugh

Please NO college coaches...unless its Kirk Ferentz or Urban Meyer. (I like Mike Leach...but he wouldn't cut it in the NFL)

I'll bet dollars to donuts that the following will also make the list:

Dom Capers

Mike Zimmer

Russ Grimm

Who's the hot OC assistant?

C

I think you hit it with Russ Grimm....not that I like it, but he is more the ilk Ralph likes to bring in...an almost heard of him

I think you hit it with Russ Grimm....not that I like it, but he is more the ilk Ralph likes to bring in...an almost heard of him

I was rooting for Grimm when many speculated Dick would get the axe after our collapse last season.

Love the idea of an old Offensive Lineman as the HC.. when the chips are down, they are going to run the ball. They want to punch the guy across from them in the face, and keep doing it until you make him stop. THAT'S the kind of team I want in Buffalo! Tough, Accountable, Physical and Well Disciplined.

Bill Cowher

Jon gruden

holmgren

Marty Schottenheimer

Mike Shanahan

Bob Stoops

mike leach

jim harbaugh

The Dark Horse....Charlie Weiss :thumbsup:

Bill Cowher

Jon gruden

holmgren

Marty Schottenheimer

Mike Shanahan

Bob Stoops

mike leach

jim harbaugh

Who has done more with less in a shorter amount of time. His brother is also coaching in the NFL which will help no doubt. Also has his fathers brain to pick. Has done a great job developing QBs too...

If its not Jim Harbaugh, the only other college coach I would like is Les Miles - LSU, he is the anti-juaron - think Rex Ryan but better. He works in a pro system too. Stoops and Leach no thanks.

The HOF coaches you named are acceptable too, but I would like to go with Harbaugh, and bring in some former NFL HCs to be OC/DC.

I don't see Ralph paying up the money for a Cowher or Dungy big name type especially since he'll be on the hook for the remainder of Jauron's contract. Nor do I see any big name type taking the Buffalo job with the current dire situation at QB. The only big name guy I see that would possibly come here at a bargain price is Marty Schottenhiemer.

So working within a realist set of circumstances, I see the Bills finding a real GM (Casserly? Wolf?) and ending up with a rookie head coach like one of these guys...

Leslie Frazier - Vikings (Dungy student)

Russ Grimm - Cardinals (Cowher student)

Mike Zimmer - Bengals (Parcells student)

What Ralph should do is get Ernie Accorsi in here as a consultant for this overhaul process.