If the Bills go 8-8 Is Dick safe for another year?

If by the grace of God the Bills end up 8-8 will Ralph still make a coaching change? If not what does he need to save his Job? :wallbash:

No one can speak intelligently on Ralph Wilson's mind. In another thread today it seems Vic Carucci has heard some rumblings from One Bills Drive that Ralph may be willing to bring in a high profile type GM, who would fire Jauron instantly if Ralph left Dick hanging.

But I really don't think Jauron needs to worry about coaching here next season. Unless his Bills go 7-1-0 and make the playoffs, he's gone. 8-8-0 won't get it done. I don't think he stays even if the Bills go 6-2-0 and finish 9-7-0 out of the playoffs. It's time to get on with it, and ship Dick and his entire staff out of here.

And oh by the way, I can't see this team even getting up to another 7-9-0. I predicit them to go out with a whimper and finish up 4-12-0.

I can't see any circumstances short of the playoffs/a win in the playoffs that keeps this group around. Of course, I put their return last offseason at about 10%, so common sense at OBD is in pretty short supply.

I take it you don't play Vegas very often do you. :wallbash:

If by the grace of God the Bills end up 8-8 will Ralph still make a coaching change? If not what does he need to save his Job? :lol:

3-5 at the half and he runs a 5-3 2nd half team into 8-8 and can PR his way by "youth", "injuries" and the 'ol "it's hard to win in the NFL" to be back in 2010. I was suprised as the next to see the Berlin wall fall in '89, but will Ralph eat the remaining years of that contract by keeping Dick, i'd be suprised again, i guess.

3-5 at the half and he runs a 5-3 2nd half team into 8-8 and can PR his way by "youth", "injuries" and the 'ol "it's hard to win in the NFL" to be back in 2010. I was suprised as the next to see the Berlin wall fall in '89, but will Ralph eat the remaining years of that contract by keeping Dick, i'd be suprised again, i guess.

5-3...who do we beat????

The best way to handle the Jauron situation and a scenario that could very well happen:

Tell Jauron we want to hire a new head coach next season but we want to make u defensive coordinator. Doing this would force Jauron to quit to avoid embarrassment and in the process save RW from having to buyout Jaurons contract, but if he doesn't quit and agrees to the demotion it wouldn't be so bad because Jauron is actually a decent Def Coordinator. Keep in mind he has worked wonders with the D considering all the injuries they've had and he's had success as DC in the past.

If by the grace of God the Bills end up 8-8 will Ralph still make a coaching change? If not what does he need to save his Job? :lol:

IMO, there is no way he stays unless he makes it to the championship game. Public opinion is so against Jauron that even one playoff win wouldn't save him, at least I hope so.

The best way to handle the Jauron situation and a scenario that could very well happen:

Tell Jauron we want to hire a new head coach next season but we want to make u defensive coordinator. Doing this would force Jauron to quit to avoid embarrassment and in the process save RW from having to buyout Jaurons contract, but if he doesn't quit and agrees to the demotion it wouldn't be so bad because Jauron is actually a decent Def Coordinator. Keep in mind he has worked wonders with the D considering all the injuries they've had and he's had success as DC in the past.

Huh??????? I wouldn't hire Jauron as a position coach much less a defensive coordinator. IMO he had one decent year with the Jags as a DC, that's it. Considering his laughable coaching skills and instincts, Jauron has to have had the luckiest coaching career ever. You would seriously have him as our defensive coordinator?

I'd rather he had a life-time ban from Ralph Wilson Stadium. The countdown has begun, six games till the light of dawn comes for Buffalo Bills fans.

I can't see them winning another game. I can't watch them any more. I have been a fan since like 1965, and this is the worst I've ever felt about the team. They've rendered the offense impotent. Edwards is a better player than this offense allows. Lynch, Jackson, Evans, Owens, Reed....I guess the OL just blows. But the offensive game plan has all the energy of a Ben Stein lecture.

I blieve contracts specify the particular job entailed, otherwise every owner in football would do that. For sure Al Davis would have tried it along time ago.

Come on! Even Jauron doesn't believe the Bills have a snowball's chance in hell to make it to 8 and 8.

What comes out of all of DJs press conferences this year is that he KNOWS and ACKNOWLEDGES that he sucks.

It is really incredible

I think that what the organization said this offseason- playoffs or bust- is still the gold standard.

If Jauron fails to make the playoffs this season, he will be gone.

Now- my prayer is for what Carucci was just saying- that being that if the Bills fail to make the playoffs this season it will also mean wholesale changes to the roster, coaching staff, AND at the position of GM and front office.

Then, and only then, will this team begin to improve.