Brian Orakpo

bills_red

Actually Byrd was getting alot of time if i'm not mistaken when there were no injuries, and he looked horrendous and i questioned it. The first 2-3 games byrd looked downright bad in my opinion and i didn't want him on the field, my opinion has since changed and i for one want him and wilson to remain back there.

Byrd and Whitner I couldn't agree more our run D is so much better with whitner at SS

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"but, but Maybin is raw and has potential."

Flacco is really out performing Eddie Royal Oh wait those are two different positions on two different teams huh. Oh well I am just glad our D line has enough depth to let a young DE put on some weight and develope

I did not want 'rak. He actually reminds me of David Boston if that makes sense. Tight muscles that look like they are ready to pop- I see him struggling with injures throughout his career.

I still like the Maybin pick- he is more of a natural athlete, with much more upside in my opinion. I guess we will all see in a couple of years. If you go back and look even the maybin supporters, like myself, said that rak would start out faster than Maybin. He is more NFL ready, and a couple of years older- this is not some big surprise.

One more point. I'm reading a lot that we could not afford to take a "project player," only good teams could do that. Then I read that we don't draft like the good teams. Well which is it? We need to draft different than good teams, or more like them? Just because we have screwed up in the past doesn't mean that we are not going in the right direction now. I actually like our player/personnel moves, since marv left.

There was also a Robert Ayers sighting last night, rumbling into the endzone for a TD on a fumble by Ben Roethlisberger

Yeah and then the next play from scrimage Ayers gets walled off and the Pittsburgh back rumbles for 40 yds down the sideline. he looked very blockable most of the time.

Orakapo is on a good defense. With a good defensive line. Teams have to worry about Haynesworth in the middle, this allows Orakapo to get better pressure.

Rico, after reading a lot of the archieved posts of yours presented to me by Billzfan4Life, I have become a big fan of yours. Not just because of your view of Maybin vrs Orakpo either. Its very evident you know your sh*t. I would love/loathe to hear your opinion on Ellison.
LMAO!

Ellison is garbage, the only reason he ever made it into this league is thanks to the loser D scheme we run.

Some people will say "Well, he shouldn't be a starter, but he's a very nice back-up". I disagree, because every time he is in the game, (other than a handful of positive plays) he sucks. Once that was established, he's not a very nice back-up at all. If you can't count on a player to not suck, you get him off the team and try someone else, especially since LBs of his caliber are a dime-a-dozen. For now, I would play the rookies & keep bringing in players like Draft until you find a half-way decent stopgap & until you can make a significant upgrade in the off-season.

Other people will say "Well, look at all the tackles he's making, he's one of the best players on D this year." Once again, stats are for losers, this isn't baseball, watch the games & players instead of reading about them.

LMAO!

Ellison is garbage, the only reason he ever made it into this league is thanks to the loser D scheme we run.

Some people will say "Well, he shouldn't be a starter, but he's a very nice back-up". I disagree, because every time he is in the game, (other than a handful of positive plays) he sucks. Once that was established, he's not a very nice back-up at all. If you can't count on a player to not suck, you get him off the team and try someone else, especially since LBs of his caliber are a dime-a-dozen. For now, I would play the rookies & keep bringing in players like Draft until you find a half-way decent stopgap & until you can make a significant upgrade in the off-season.

Other people will say "Well, look at all the tackles he's making, he's one of the best players on D this year." Once again, stats are for losers, this isn't baseball, watch the games & players instead of reading about them.

:pirate:

never ceases to amaze me how some people read a blurb or a stat line and start whining about how this means we should have taken X and not Y; that X was the better fit for our scheme and Y is a bust.

Armchair scouts abound, yet they are always irrelevant.

Very true! That's DJ for you, Byrd wouldn't have seen much playing time had it not been for all the secondary injuries...

Seems to me DJ has a hrad time evaluating yoiung talent. We have to hope he stumbles onto success I guess. can't see why he can't utilize Maybin on passing downs at least. Give him a chance. Let him play LB instead of some saftey converting to a LB position.

Really,...really...did you just compare Bruce Smith, who had an awesome college carrear to Maybin, who started a whopping total of 10 games and had an outstanding cast with him at PSU. REALLY?!?!?!!? Yes you did. Wow.

No he was referencing the fact that Bills fans would have been labelling Smith a bust as well. And if were honest here we're all overreacting just a little. But hey thats what the intertubez are for. The sky is falling the sky is falling.

Maybin isn't playing because Chris Kelsay is playing the best ball of his career. Period. If Kelsay was playing the way he did the last four years, especially on passing downs, Maybin would be playing 10 times as much as he is and we would have a better idea of how he has been progressing.

Everyone also knew that Maybin was extremely raw, extremely inexperienced, and extremely young, and it would take longer for him to learn the pro game than other ends drafted before or after him. Saying he is a bust right now only shows a lack of football knowledge and common sense.

never ceases to amaze me how some people read a blurb or a stat line and start whining about how this means we should have taken X and not Y; that X was the better fit for our scheme and Y is a bust.

Armchair scouts abound, yet they are always irrelevant.

If any fans have the right to criticize their teams choice in personnel it's us. I thought this was a board to give our opinions... or did I (YOU) miss something?

Bryant McKinnie - Oops

Ngata - Oops

We have a terrible history of drafting Lineman early. At least Wood can play with the big boys

Man, Thoner, please don't. I hear you completely, especially with Ngata. How...HOW did we not take that guy? Who...WHO valued Whitner more than him in that draft besides us?

:D:lol: