40k more troops to Afghanistan

/dev/null

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:pirate::lol::wallbash:

Amateur hour yet again. At least we can laugh now.

It's not Obama's fault he got the Nobel Peace Prize...it's the committee's fault, for awarding it on exactly no basis to begin with.

So if the administration decides that 40k more troops are needed in Afghanistan, even though it may be based on a questionable set of policy assumptions, they should make the decision without any consideration given to a bunch of fools in Stockholm.

It's not Obama's fault he got the Nobel Peace Prize...it's the committee's fault, for awarding it on exactly no basis to begin with.

So if the administration decides that 40k more troops are needed in Afghanistan, even though it may be based on a questionable set of policy assumptions, they should make the decision without any consideration given to a bunch of fools in Stockholm.

I think he was talking more about the "we're adding 40k troops" "no we're not" amateur hour.

Stockholm?

Someone must have been studying geography in a US public school....

I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to the "we're sending 40,000 troops, no we're not" posts.

Y'know, we're just busting nuts, but I think it's pretty fair to say that when CBS cites "informed sources" on a story this large, it's pretty safe to say it was yet another trial balloon to gauge how pissed Pelosi's lapdogs are going to get when they hear this. We both know this WH does a lot of trial balloon stuff, and I highly doubt CBS used some random "informed sources." Everyone knows you don't piss off the WH these days..

But again, no one really cares about the change in message. We were just busting balls.

But again, no one really cares about the change in message. We were just busting balls.

As am I.

It could be a trial balloon, sure.

I would imagine, however, it was simply an instance where they really havent made up their mind yet, don't have all the options in, are leaning right now toward the 40,000 troops but havent made any decision, the reporter heard from some lower level person not directly in the room, and then printed it as fact, hoping to get "the scoop" if it would later turn out to be true, and unconcerned if they were dead wrong as the public would be onto the next story by then.