40k more troops to Afghanistan

/dev/null

Ayers is probably just pissed off because when Obama lost the Olympic bid, Ayers lost the chance to be in charge of pyrotechnics for the opening.

In all seriousness, the far left is already yelling about the troops to Afghanistan, and I suspect it won't be long before you hear Pelosi and Reid sounding the same alarms. When you hear people like Ayers and Tingles suddenly being critical of Obama, it's because he's not being liberal enough. Given the situation in Afghanistan, does he really have a choice but to send more troops? Not really, so he's going to piss off some people.

But, y'know, he'll just make sure their state gets tossed a quick $300M in whatever bills are coming out, and they'll shut up and get back in line.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ayers is probably just pissed off because when Obama lost the Olympic bid, Ayers lost the chance to be in charge of pyrotechnics for the opening.

In all seriousness, the far left is already yelling about the troops to Afghanistan, and I suspect it won't be long before you hear Pelosi and Reid sounding the same alarms. When you hear people like Ayers and Tingles suddenly being critical of Obama, it's because he's not being liberal enough. Given the situation in Afghanistan, does he really have a choice but to send more troops? Not really, so he's going to piss off some people.

But, y'know, he'll just make sure their state gets tossed a quick $300M in whatever bills are coming out, and they'll shut up and get back in line.

It's no fun when they know it's coming.

!@#$ you buddy! I think for myself, and many times what I'm thinking becomes talking points before they air on television.

Look at what time I made that post, 11 in the morning, while I'm at work, which is before any of the talking heads were discussing it.

Also, look at what time I posted my opinion of BO's speech from yesterday, that's right, during the speech, or the 'We're screwed' thread, I posted it before Hannity mentioned it, or the health care debate in how they are fudging the numbers, or how competition wouldn't make a large difference in premiums and how having to cover people with pre existing conditions would raise most other people's premiums before the CBO came out with their score.

Did I say that you think like the sheep do, or made a similar conclusion on a topic?

Did I say that you think like the sheep do, or made a similar conclusion on a topic?

Did you forget that you said

You are making the same mistake that liberals do, in tying conservative's thoughts to what is on FOX news. I hate talking heads on both sides

in response to my post?

I'm listening to the presidents speech, and I heard him mention that we will be withdrawing troops within 18 months.

Not so sure if it is a good idea to start telegraphing to the enemy our withdrawal date.

I agree with you on this, and I don't think he was completely up front- I think Afghanistan is a precursor to moving into Pakistan. I don't believe the withdrawl date- not for a second.

Did you forget that you said

You are making the same mistake that liberals do, in tying conservative's thoughts to what is on FOX news. I hate talking heads on both sides

in response to my post?

You are reading into what I said too much