Gregg Williams as Bills next HC?

I was looking through the rumor mill on ESPN.com and came across this...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/ru...date%3d20091108

At 12:07pm yesterday, a rumor was posted about Gregg Williams 2010 gig...and the team next to his name says "Bills."

Could you imagine Ralph bringing Williams back as the Head Coach?

I tried to copy and paste it...

Market for Gregg? 12:07PM ET - Top Email

Gregg Williams | Bills

Where will the Saints DC land in 2010?

If you look at all the subsequent photos, and the team name next to their names, it's pretty easy to figure out that it's just a mistake on ESPN's part. "Saints" should be next to Williams' picture. All others have their current teams. Nice stretch.

I was looking through the rumor mill on ESPN.com and came across this...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/ru...date%3d20091108

At 12:07pm yesterday, a rumor was posted about Gregg Williams 2010 gig...and the team next to his name says "Bills."

Could you imagine Ralph bringing Williams back as the Head Coach?

I tried to copy and paste it...

Market for Gregg? 12:07PM ET - Top Email

Gregg Williams | Bills

Where will the Saints DC land in 2010?

He's got a bullhorn and he's not afraid to use it!

Yeah, and we'll bring in Mularkey too! Really? That is just a typo. Williams is persona non gratis here. He's doing a stand-up job in NO and they'll keep him there at least one more season.

Mularkey would probably still be here if he didn't decide to step down. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be a good hc his 2nd go round. The only time he's ever looked bad in a coaching position is when he's had the misfortune of being saddled with joey harrington and jp losman. Had we kept Bledsoe in 2005 coming off a 9-7 season our only winning season this decade, mularkeys tenure here may have been drastically different. Say what you want about the guy, and he had his short comings, but I'd take him in a second over Mr. It's hard to win in the NFL Jauron anyday. As far as gregg williams goes he hasn't done anything special with new orleans, other than be the benefactor of an offense that can light up the scoreboard so his d can pin it's ears back.

Gregg Williams has been a wildly effective defensive coordinator in the NFL. In stints with the Tennessee Titans, Washington Redskins, Jacksonville Jaguars and now the New Orleans Saints, he's always had units that could bottle up any offense.

So the fact that his name is being bantied around as a potential head coach for the pending 2010 coaching carousel is not surprising. But buyer beware: in three seasons as head coach for the Buffalo Bills, he went 17-31, and drove ESPN.com's Gregg "Tuesday Morning QB" Easterbrook insane with his conservative playcalling, including punting while in the opponent's territory.

Of course, there's also the chance that the Saints make a power move to retain him. This could be one of the more dynamic situations this offseason.

Funny, that copy paste thingy worked OK for me. The bolded BB is the one and only mention of the Bills in the blurb (other than in the headline).

Wish we had Mularkey as Offensive Coordinator, Williams as Defensive Coordinator and Cowher as head coach.

How about adding a Rooney family member as owner? I bet you he doesn't have a clause in his will stating franchise will be sold to the highest bidder at my expiration date. :pirate: