The UFL can't catch a break in NY

Albany,n.y.

The New York Sentinals have 3 home games. The 1st was last Thursday in Giants Stadium. Game 2 of the World Series was in NY that night. They announced the crowd over 10,000 , with the NY Post writing it was closer to 1,000. Tonight they play a game at Hofstra in Hempstead, that was relocated from Citifield to get a smaller stadium. Now it's game 6 in NY. Their 2 NY metro games both went head to head with the Phillies @ Yankees in the World Series. They would have been much better off moving those 2 games to Friday each week to avoid the World Series. Their 3rd home game is in East Hartford, Connecticut. On top of that the Sentinals are the worst team in the UFL. I doubt that any of this is what the UFL planned for their NY franchise.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The New York Sentinals have 3 home games. The 1st was last Thursday in Giants Stadium. Game 2 of the World Series was in NY that night. They announced the crowd over 10,000 , with the NY Post writing it was closer to 1,000. Tonight they play a game at Hofstra in Hempstead, that was relocated from Citifield to get a smaller stadium. Now it's game 6 in NY. Their 2 NY metro games both went head to head with the Phillies @ Yankees in the World Series. They would have been much better off moving those 2 games to Friday each week to avoid the World Series. Their 3rd home game is in East Hartford, Connecticut. On top of that the Sentinals are the worst team in the UFL. I doubt that any of this is what the UFL planned for their NY franchise.

I don't think it matters much I think the UFL is done after this year any way.The whole league is a joke.

Dare I say it, Losman looks *good*. Of course this is NOT the NFL, that's for sure...

Still, it's interesting to hear the coach talk to the QB right before plays and whatnot. Maybe in some bizarroland world next year we'll decide to hire Fassel and he'll bring Losman back to Buffalo. Head's would explode!

what do you mean they cant catch a break? its not like it just happened to work out this way, the dates for the world series games were already set so it wasnt that they couldnt catch a break their planning was just horrible

Yes, that probably cost them about 100 more in attendance...I doubt many care about anything the UFL does...

Good lord the UFL is run by morons. They decided to run their inaugural schedule during the most sports-dense part of the year - hockey, NFL, NCAA football, basketball and the freaking World Series? Who's going to watch some minor league game? spring/summer league is completely the way to go. Put on football games while NFL fans are looking for something to do after the season.