Shooting unarmed, injured enemy combatants ...

Now we're shooting unarmed, injured enemy combatants? I can't WAIT to hear Bush's lawyers turn this one into a perfectly acceptable act according to their 'interpretation' of the articles of the Geneva Convention. I saw the video ... both versions. Sickening. Apparently even the right-wing, hawk whacko's who make up most of the regulars in PPP (and provide at least one 'moderator' as well) aren't too thrilled about it either. Or, at least, they seem silent on the matter. But I must comment. Yes, you all know I hate this war already. But THIS takes it to a new low. The silence from the hawks in here is deafening ... that's why I'm posting this. When I post ... on ANYTHING, at ANY TIME ... I know I can count on an Alaska Dimwit or a DiCkless Tom response in seconds. Bring it, boys ...

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we're shooting unarmed, injured enemy combatants? I can't WAIT to hear Bush's lawyers turn this one into a perfectly acceptable act according to their 'interpretation' of the articles of the Geneva Convention. I saw the video ... both versions. Sickening. Apparently even the right-wing, hawk whacko's who make up most of the regulars in PPP (and provide at least one 'moderator' as well) aren't too thrilled about it either. Or, at least, they seem silent on the matter. But I must comment. Yes, you all now I hate this war already. But THIS takes it to a new low. The silence from the hawks in here is deafening ... that's why I'm posting this. When I post ... on ANYTHING, at ANY TIME ... I know I can count on an Alaska Dimwit or a DiCkless Tom response in seconds. Bring it, boys ...

120236[/snapback]

Do you have a link for the video?

Now we're shooting unarmed, injured enemy combatants? I can't WAIT to hear Bush's lawyers turn this one into a perfectly acceptable act according to their 'interpretation' of the articles of the Geneva Convention. I saw the video ... both versions. Sickening. Apparently even the right-wing, hawk whacko's who make up most of the regulars in PPP (and provide at least one 'moderator' as well) aren't too thrilled about it either. Or, at least, they seem silent on the matter. But I must comment. Yes, you all know I hate this war already. But THIS takes it to a new low. The silence from the hawks in here is deafening ... that's why I'm posting this. When I post ... on ANYTHING, at ANY TIME ... I know I can count on an Alaska Dimwit or a DiCkless Tom response in seconds. Bring it, boys ...

120236[/snapback]

You ever been in combat? Hell you ever trained for building clearing? I have, you don't have time to !@#$ around. You kill everything in sight and move on.

Pretty damn easy to backseat drive from the comfort of your liberal !@#$ing chair isn't? Especially when you have never done it, and have no clue. Do yourself a favor and STFU.

You ever been in combat?  Hell you ever trained for building clearing?  I have, you don't have time to !@#$ around.  You kill everything in sight and move on. 

Pretty damn easy to backseat drive from the comfort of your liberal !@#$ing chair isn't?  Especially when you have never done it, and have no clue.  Do yourself a favor and STFU.

120258[/snapback]

The video tells the story.

This one was clear.

I know I can count on an Alaska Dimwit or a DiCkless Tom response in seconds. Bring it, boys ...

120236[/snapback]

From the author of "How to Make Friends and Influ......"

Is it possible that real life circumstances can sometimes blur the lines of what is right and wrong? Not if you don't think very deeply.

Would you shoot a prisoner if he was about to blow you or a fellow soldier up? No? You would blame the President or the closest Republican you could point a finger at?

Im sure you are aware of the fact that a booby-trapped insurgent blew up a U.S. soldier the day before, right? When he tried to aid a wounded advesary? If such proved to be the provocation here, would you retract you beligerantly partisan and pacifistic comments above? Not likely, Im sure. "War bad, hate Republicans, hate Bush, give peace a chance, blah blah blah."

Dude, somethings are worth dying for. Some things are even worth killing for.

120236[/snapback]

"One of them's still breathing!"

<M-16 spurt>

"Now he's not."

-----

I guess we can take comfort that everyone in the known world can see what this admin is allowing by sending the message to our troops that the Geneva Convention doesn't apply to us anymore. And they'll treat our soldiers in like kind.

The point is to have more moral authority than the terrorists. Not to be down in the ditch with them.

The video tells the story. 

This one was clear.

120261[/snapback]

I haven't seen it, but I was taught by the FBI. We were taught to double tap until nothing moves. We were not taught to take prisoners or give a rats ass about them. I haven't seen the video, but this is what HRT taught us, and was to be the expected Marine Corps building clearing method. Again, we were taught no prisoners, period.

Enemy combatants fighting from a "Mosque" is AGAINST International Law. The enemy combatants in the "Mosque" were NOT prisoners. The soldier had no idea of the intentions of the enemy combatant. He probably did not want to wait to find out if the enemy combatant was indeed armed. Probably wanted to err on the side of living.

War is hell...it is obvious that the soldier was not being negligent or criminal in his actions. His actions are perfectly understandable because I would have done the same thing.

Shooting an injured, unarmed enemy combatant is NOT the same as shooting somebody waving a white flag.

These scum sucking terrorists (NOT "INSURGENTS) have also used a white flag to attack Americans. They waive the flag and act like they are surrendering. When the soldiers got close, they whipped out concealed weapons and attacked.

Terrorists have faked being dead and then attacked us. Thety can lie there and when the soldier checks if he is dead, they can pull athe pin on a grenade on their body. They have also booby-trapped dead bodies- one was found in a torture chamber last week.

Interesting isn't it? The people who are now defending this action are some of the same ones who condemned John Kerry for shooting a fleeing attacker in the back?

It's not all black and white, is it, much though some of you might like it that way.

Ahhhhh I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning....or any time. It's always thick around here.

Suppose for ***** and giggles the guy is hiding a grenade and pulls the pin when there are more Marines around? It's war. I suppose this is going to be scumbag Michael Moore's next movie and thousands and thousands will flock to see it.

120279[/snapback]

Supposedly that's one of the things they have been doing - acting dead or wounded until Marines are close enough that they can do some damage.

Haven't seen the video. Sounds pretty bad, though.

Where are all the stories about how bad things were for the 8 months that the 'insurgents' (insurgents from Syria, that is) were in command of Fallujah? No one cares about that? It's only about 1000x worse than this one incident. There are no more rules for these terrorists - and I doubt I'd take any chances with them either.

Interesting isn't it?  The people who are now defending this action are some of the same ones who condemned John Kerry for shooting a fleeing attacker in the back?

It's not all black and white, is it, much though some of you might like it that way.

Ahhhhh I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning....or any time.  It's always thick around here.

120285[/snapback]

Its one think to shoot a fleeing enemy, its another to claim you are a hero for doing so.

I haven't seen it, but I was taught by the FBI.  We were taught to double tap until nothing moves.  We were not taught to take prisoners or give a rats ass about them.  I haven't seen the video, but this is what HRT taught us, and was to be the expected Marine Corps building clearing method.  Again, we were taught no prisoners, period.

120267[/snapback]

I went through the training earlier this year, and it was the most intese training I have gone through. Trust me, Navy guys have no business doing this type of crap unless they have been through BUD/S. Just want to add that the douple taps are also to be head shots.

Good posts VA.