Shooting unarmed, injured enemy combatants ...

You can't be TRIED twice for the same offense.  Big difference.  There was no trial, simply a "not enough evidence" thing.  Perhaps they got more evidence.  To be honest, if he ordered their handcuffs removed and then had to cap them...

319536[/snapback]

Precisely. "Investigated and cleared in the field" is not the same as "Tried and found not guilty". Even the hearing they're holding, being the equivalent of a grand jury hearing, doesn't have double jeopardy attached until and unless they go to trial and do whatever the court-martial equivalent of choosing the jury is...if this hearing finds "insufficient evidence", the prosecution can go out and try to get more, and represent if they choose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard on the radio, this soldier will not be court-martialed.  Looks like he's been cleared of wrongdoing.

329016[/snapback]

Which one, the first one or this latest one?

BTW neither was a soldier, they were both Marines.

As far as the first one goes, yeah the Marines kind of implied that when they gave him a presidential unit ribbon, and a medal for his actions back in January.

Which one, the first one or this latest one?

BTW neither was a soldier, they were both Marines. 

As far as the first one goes, yeah the Marines kind of implied that when they gave him a presidential unit ribbon, and a medal for his actions back in January.

329025[/snapback]

The first one. I heard it on WTOP this morning, just after the 6:50am "Bush is Bad" propaganda interview. His actions were judged to be "consistent with the rules of engagement".

At 6:50 tomorrow morning, WTOP is inviting a guest interviewee on to help explain why this makes Bush bad... :D

Is this the "official" reason?

:(

329867[/snapback]

I know, hard to believe. Since the hardcore democrat and republican mouthpieces are too stupid to figure out when to STFU and leave something alone, especially when they have no clue about the subject matter.

Hence PIA tries to discuss military matters is stupid.

RIO trying to discuss the best use of a strap-on (maybe, one never knows what happens behind closed doors), stupid.

:lol:

I know, hard to believe.  Since the hardcore democrat and republican mouthpieces are too stupid to figure out when to STFU and leave something alone, especially when they have no clue about the subject matter.

Hence PIA tries to discuss military matters is stupid. 

RIO trying to discuss the best use of a strap-on (maybe, one never knows what happens behind closed doors), stupid. 

330791[/snapback]

And the Kool-Aide drinkers trying to explain the subtle nuances in flavor between the lemonade and pink lemonade varities?

And the Kool-Aide drinkers trying to explain the subtle nuances in flavor between the lemonade and pink lemonade varities?

330908[/snapback]

I like the ham and cheese hotpockets. Way cool. Almost as cool as kicking lawn gnomes.

OH LOOK! SOMETHING SHINY!

What did I say?

• 1 month later...

This is a very interesting thread. I like to talk about things like this, but when trying to express an opinion to the likes of Petrino you might as well be talking to a wall.

If he ever replies he will just bring up some other off the wall comment and not even try to explain his side.