Intersting Tidbit from USA Today....Bryan Scott is talking reps at LB

Lv-Bills

In it's player notes, Scott appeared in there as just getting emergency reps. I bet he's taking them as a bit more meaningful than that. Scott seems to be a player that the coaching staff really likes, and now that the safeties are emerging, maybe they are trying to also keep him in the lineup somewhere.

I don't know, something I just don't remember seeing anywhere else. Take it as you will.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So this means Byrd will definitely be returning after the bye? If so, good. Damn that Eugene Parker for delaying Byrd's sports hernia surgery! Imagine what a full training camp and pre-season, as well as being totally healed from the surgery, could have done for Byrd.

Bryan Scott is our best run defender. That includes the entire lb core healthy/injured and or safeties. A move to lb makes sense. He typicaly plays up near the los anyway.

Playing at 219 is a wee bit small for being a NFL LB (cue the Coy Wire mention) and won't help make the run defense better. This is an indictment of the team's inability to properly build depth these past few seasons.

Do other teams move guys from position to position? If so I never hear about it.

I've never seen anything like this, and haven't noticed any other team moving guys from S to LB and back. First it was Nic Harris, a fifth round rookie and now Scott. When you've gotta convert SS's into OLB's when a starter goes down it's not a solution, it's desperation.

I think we should start 11 DBs on defense. It would revolutionize the game. Line up 4 on the line of scrimmage and blitz from everywhere. Call it "The Wildback"

More like "The Brokeback"

Playing at 219 is a wee bit small for being a NFL LB (cue the Coy Wire mention) and won't help make the run defense better. This is an indictment of the team's inability to properly build depth these past few seasons.

I've never seen anything like this, and haven't noticed any other team moving guys from S to LB and back. First it was Nic Harris, a fifth round rookie and now Scott. When you've gotta convert SS's into OLB's when a starter goes down it's not a solution, it's desperation.

AAAaaaaaaaaaand here comes the negative spin nobody asked for.

This is an indictment of the team's inability to properly build depth these past few seasons.

You get what you pay for.

Well, not really. Sometimes, with cash-to-cap, you don't get what you paid for (dumping players) and your accountant-in-charge says you can't afford to take out any insurance either. So you end up with a budget roster and dead money.

We get a trophy for that, right? :devil:

You get what you pay for.

Well, not really. Sometimes, with cash-to-cap, you don't get what you paid for (dumping players) and your accountant-in-charge says you can't afford to take out any insurance either. So you end up with a budget roster and dead money.

We get a trophy for that, right? :devil:

AAAAaaaaaaaand look who's right behind him, like always.

I think we should start 11 DBs on defense. It would revolutionize the game. Line up 4 on the line of scrimmage and blitz from everywhere. Call it "The Wildback"

Wow that almost made me laugh... If every one of those players were as good at tackling as Antoine Winfield it would work...

You would see the first running back to rush for 500 yards...