Microwave Popcorn

Chef Jim

If making popcorn on the stove is as far up the elitists ladder you've climed you've got a long way to go. I'll give you some lessons when I have time seeing I'm a bit busy searching for top quality Champagne and caviar for a small get together on the boat this weekend.

Well, did I mention I ONLY use imported extra virgin olive oil to pop the popcorn? For salt, I use the highest quality freshly ground sea salt as well. In fact I don't actually make the popcorn myself, I summon Jeeves to take care of that task and I find it quite beneath me! <_<

[sarcasm_on]

Hey there were other people in the house:

The bystander effect is the somewhat controversial name given to a social psychological phenomenon in cases where individuals do not offer help in an emergency situation when other people are present.

[/sarcasm_off]

Ya, I am waiting for his response. I am glad people are calling him out on this. I hope he did something besides bake some cookies.

I read his post last night and thought about responding then, but assumed maybe he would edit it out or delete it. How do you NOT do something if you are witness to that kind of thing?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, did I mention I ONLY use imported extra virgin olive oil to pop the popcorn? For salt, I use the highest quality freshly ground sea salt as well. In fact I don't actually make the popcorn myself, I summon Jeeves to take care of that task and I find it quite beneath me! :blink:

I read his post last night and thought about responding then, but assumed maybe he would edit it out or delete it. How do you NOT do something if you are witness to that kind of thing?

I really don't know Bullpen... One has got to take a stand even if you get your assed kicked (probably better because then the chick and you can press charges)... <_<

But really... Even after all this Tom Cable stuff and then there is from the bizzaro world of Rihanna:

Nice Dig @ Brit's Expense!

:wallbash:

Hey Chef, look above ^^.

It also hides the smell of alcohol on one's breath. So I guess it does have its (micro popcorn) worth.

<_<

There are guys in my office who use the restroom and don't wash their hands. This doesn't make it right. Tell you what smart guy why don't you have several scotches tonight and wash it down with some popcorn and when the cop pulls you over let me know if you get away with it.

Well, did I mention I ONLY use imported extra virgin olive oil to pop the popcorn? For salt, I use the highest quality freshly ground sea salt as well. In fact I don't actually make the popcorn myself, I summon Jeeves to take care of that task and I find it quite beneath me! <_<

That's funny, I use extra virgin sweat for the salt. Wonder if I'm doing things backwards.

I like air popped....I add salt and a little vinegar. mmmm

If microwaved is the only option, I would go with Redenbacher's smart pop stuff.

Do they still make that Jiffy pop stuff, I remember having those at the campfire.

Yes. It's not bad - just explicitly follow the instruction. It's not "light", BTW.

There are guys in my office who use the restroom and don't wash their hands. This doesn't make it right. Tell you what smart guy why don't you have several scotches tonight and wash it down with some popcorn and when the cop pulls you over let me know if you get away with it.

Did I say cops? Nothing can really hide it on the breath. But, if you want to stink up a room and create a little diversion, it is better than nothing. But then again, you aren't following along the thread as usual. I wish we had thread views like we had in the old days here.

Did I say cops? Nothing can really hide it on the breath. But, if you want to stink up a room and create a little diversion, it is better than nothing. But then again, you aren't following along the thread as usual. I wish we had thread views like we had in the old days here.

Make up your mind.

Okay, this is screaming for a threadjack and I'm sorry for doing it, Chef.

You heard him slap his girlfriend? I hope you mean, "heard him slap the **** out of his GF and then I went in a stomped a mudhole in his ass." :thumbsup:

He left right away....i went and checked on her and she got all her **** and left the house...havent seen or heard about her since

You can't ignore the actions he committed. Doesn't mean you need to be a hero and go crush his skull, but it at least needs to be reported...There is no place for hitting a woman....EVER!!!!!!!!

He left right away....i went and checked on her and she got all her **** and left the house...havent seen or heard about her since

You should never eat microwave popcorn. Never.

The funniest thing about this is that my wife, tired of our POS microwave not popping half the kernels, just went out and bought a new 1300 watt microwave so that the whole bag would pop. Then she reads this article... :worthy:

The funniest thing about this is that my wife, tired of our POS microwave not popping half the kernels, just went out and bought a new 1300 watt microwave so that the whole bag would pop. Then she reads this article... :worthy:

Huh??

Now the whole bag burns... :D

You are not supposed to use the "popcorn key"... Set the timer for more and stop the machine when you hear 2-3 seconds between last pop. We got an old 900 watt and it works fine... Kinda like "Kentucky windage" with the timer. :worthy:

Huh??

Now the whole bag burns... :D

You are not supposed to use the "popcorn key"... Set the timer for more and stop the machine when you hear 2-3 seconds between last pop. We got an old 900 watt and it works fine... Kinda like "Kentucky windage" with the timer. :worthy:

I can make mine over a candle. :worthy:

Huh??

Now the whole bag burns... :P

You are not supposed to use the "popcorn key"... Set the timer for more and stop the machine when you hear 2-3 seconds between last pop. We got an old 900 watt and it works fine... Kinda like "Kentucky windage" with the timer. :thumbsup:

Well there comes a time when the first kernels to pop become scorched. Our old one was a 700 watt one and it just would not do a good job. We popped for 2:42, which is when the pops slowed to 2-3 seconds between but before it burned. But the bag would only be half full.

I can't remember the last time I actually ate popcorn. I'm more of a pretzel kind of guy.

Btw...

THESE PRETZELS ARE MAKING ME THIRSTY!

Sorry, had to do it.

Amen ... pretzels rule!! I am sitting in a bar at Logan laughing my ass off reading this thread.

Well there comes a time when the first kernels to pop become scorched. Our old one was a 700 watt one and it just would not do a good job. We popped for 2:42, which is when the pops slowed to 2-3 seconds between but before it burned. But the bag would only be half full.

Ya... 700 watt is kinda low... Probably best you upgraded!

:thumbsup:

I can make mine over a candle. ~Chef Jim

1400 degrees C.

Ya... 700 watt is kinda low... Probably best you upgraded!

:P

I can make mine over a candle. ~Chef Jim

1400 degrees C.

Glad to see you got my point. :thumbsup:

IMO anyone who prefers microwave over stove popped either is a lazy bastard or someon who doesn't care what they put in their mouth.