Well Done Jabari

The Big Cat

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They didn't really have to keep him. We have so many good DBs right now.

Yes, but do you understand that if the Bills had decided to keep him at the conclusion of the 2007 season then there would have been no need to draft Leodis McKelvin. This means we could've used the #11 pick to help improve the team other than the secondary. How about Ryan Clady who was picked after McKelvin? That's what so many fans don't realize. Yes, we have a good secondary, but we wasted picks to replace guys that we should've resigned.

Once they drafted McKelvin the decision had pretty much been made that Greer would walk. Greer had other plans though, after a great 2008 season the Bills were forced to at least make it look like they were serious about resigning him. Ultimately they offered a contract that was a dollar too short and a day too late, and Greer decided it would be better for him to test FA (good move on his part).

I believe had Greer ended up resigning with us we probably wouldn't have had the resources to resign McGee after this season and Drayton Florence likely is never targeted by the Bills this previous offseason. The right move by the Bills, though, would've been to resign Greer in late '07 or during the season '08, not draft McKelvin, and then resign McGee like they did.

I like the combo of McGee, Greer, and #11 pick not named McKelvin much much more than McGee & McKelvin.

Who is that running past Greer?

I really liked him as a CB but McGee is better and we signed him. You cannot sign everyone. 7M a year for Greer seems a bit much. Great person and great player though!

4 years for $23 mill comes in a touch under 6 mill per year, which I agree is a bit too much for Greer. But had the Bills extended him the offer they extended him (5 years - $20 million, with a good chunk of that guarenteed) 12 months prior he would have signed it, no doubt.

Watching this game is just pissin me off. The disparity between these teams and the Bills is beyond laughable. Matt Ryan just completes a skinny post pass 19 yards down field in 2.1 seconds. Brees actually practices with his WRs to get their timing down. Our guys get the day off and do conference calls.

Congrats to Jabari.

but watching this game... its not only him. here we have a great game between 2 very good, well respected teams. and how many buffalo connections can you draw?

Greer

Gregg Williams

Mike Mularkey

we tried to get Gonzalez

people here were calling for Turner and Shockey

Greggo has said recently that he wanted to draft Brees in Buffalo

shoot, even Anthony Hargrove has made a play tonight

lot of talent out there tonight that has been through, and/or should be in Buffalo...

add Coy Wire to my list...