By game 16 Jauron will have ruined Byrd

Just like Edwards, Roscoe, Witner, etc I am betting that by game 16 Byrd will be concentrating on his left foot being in the right place, and he is not deep enough on the snap on a trap play and will as the rest have lose his confidence and never intercept another ball. Stop using your abiltiy Byrd before Dickie gets you.

Jauron coaches in such a negative fashion that Byrd is destined to follow in the footsteps of many....

Question, except for money what reason is there that Dickie is actually still the coach...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like Edwards, Roscoe, Witner, etc I am betting that by game 16 Byrd will be concentrating on his left foot being in the right place, and he is not deep enough on the snap on a trap play and will as the rest have lose his confidence and never intercept another ball. Stop using your abiltiy Byrd before Dickie gets you.

Jauron coaches in such a negative fashion that Byrd is destined to follow in the footsteps of many....

Question, except for money what reason is there that Dickie is actually still the coach...

Byrd has a REAL coach in his Dad I doubt seriously that DJ will have any ill effect on him. On the other Hand his sports hernia might do him in for the season.

I can't pretend to know the way Dick Juaron coaches his players, but I agree with you. Our team and individual players seem to go backwards under the tutelage of Dick Juaron. Always coaching safe over aggresive. That's why it's acceptable to lose close games with Dick, he just doesn't want to get embarrased. And when they do get embarrased he comes out and says all the right things, and then his team comes out and looks exactly the same the following weak. He is an absolute joke for an NFL Head Coach.

Just another guy that "impressed" Ralph Wilson w/ his interview. Here's a piece of advice for Ralph: how about you look at a guys career W-L record in the NFL, and not how much he sweet talks you in the interview.

Please be specific with your examples when you cite just exactly what Whitner, Roscoe, and Edwards showed they were capable of doing before Jauron went and sullied it.

Roscoe was much better playing for Donahoes teams, and Trent and Donte's best games were their first 4-5, and have gone downhill since. I knew exactly what he was talkin about.

On a similiar note, it was nice to get Harris in over Elliosn, what an improvement. But still, after watching 4 years of him at OK, he played more timid Sunday than I have ever seen him play before. Looks like Dick can affect those on the bench as well.

Please.

We've had excellent DB play under Jauron. Jauron, after all, was an all-pro DB himself. DJ "ruining" Byrd is the last thing I'm worried about.

I would say the db play is pretty good, but players are hitting them with a complete head of steam because our defensive front is very small. Byrd got hit hard on a play up the middle on Sunday and the runner was virtually unobstructed before contact. This doesn't help in terms of guys getting hurt.

Because of the Levy/Jauron method of building a football team, the Bills are weak sisters. There simply cannot be a team in the league who worries about playing the Bills and that is the sad part. We waste draft picks on small players and watch them either get hurt or run away the second they can.

The 09 draft was a good one but bear in mind that we did lose a very good left tackle in the overall process. As a fan, I cling to the possibility that they will build on this draft. Then, reality slaps me in the face and tells me they will not.

I can see the Bills picking in or near the top 5 in 2010 and going with a blue chip safety. He might be good too but it won't matter. Whitner will be gone and we will be at square 1.

Or, they will take a first round qb and put him behind Tinker Bell at LT. Maybe they will grab a flashy ticket selling receiver to replace TO, right?

If fans like us know the above to be true, one would think that football people would as well but the lunacy seems to be never ending. I love being a Bills fan and a part of this community, but they are going to have to make sweeping changes before this team has any chance at all to compete.

I get what your saying, seems like Jauron and company have turned everything promising into a steaming pile. Right now Byrd is 1 bright spot on this team and hopefully he can stay that way.

Roscoe was much better playing for Donahoes teams

really? how? you realize of course, Parrish missed the first five games of his rookie year in Donahoe's final season and produced his worst career numbers prior to, of course, what might be this year.

if you're going to play along, why pile on with a comment that's patently absurd?

jw

Trent Edwards is not a starting NFL quarterback. It wouldn't matter if Bill Walsh and Mike Shannahan groomed him since birth, the guy doesn't have it in him. Roscoe Parrish is a gadget player who has become completely expendable. His only claim is that he had a high punt return average. Which is half a sham, IMO. Yes the guy was explosive in the open field but his decision making is horrid. How many times has he let a kick go without a fair catch, only to watch it roll for 20 yards? Donte Whitner is an average player and everything the rest of the NFL expected.

So yes Jauron does suck but alot of his players suck as well. Congrats Buffalo it all sucks! <_<

Guest dog14787
Trent Edwards is not a starting NFL quarterback. It wouldn't matter if Bill Walsh and Mike Shannahan groomed him since birth, the guy doesn't have it in him. Roscoe Parrish is a gadget player who has become completely expendable. His only claim is that he had a high punt return average. Which is half a sham, IMO. Yes the guy was explosive in the open field but his decision making is horrid. How many times has he let a kick go without a fair catch, only to watch it roll for 20 yards? Donte Whitner is an average player and everything the rest of the NFL expected.

So yes Jauron does suck but alot of his players suck as well. Congrats Buffalo it all sucks! <_<

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if the O-line doesn't pass protect the QB is going to get chased around and slammed to the ground on a regular basis. We have a dysfunctional O-line and an inexperienced OC promoted up from an offense that never worked to begin with, does that even register with some of you. Hello, the offense didn't work when Fairchild was here, didn't work when Shonert took over and it doesn't work now so wake up and smell the coffee beans.

T.O. has been very forthright when expressing the Offenses inability to get him the ball. In T.O.'s opinion which should stand for something , the Bills Offense lacks the sophistication needed to get him the football and the O-line itself is not pass protecting well enough for the intermediate and longer pass routes to develop.

Trent Edwards behind a good O-line and with better coaching and play scheming on the offensive side of the ball could succeed in my opinion. AVP endorsed the Bills offense at the beginning of the season along with the no huddle and it has failed miserably, partly I do admit because of the O-line.

Buffalo needs to hire a GM now and allow the GM to evaluate the Bills team and coaching staff and determine what changes needed to be made. This idea is not mine and was posted by another poster earlier on in the season, the poster makes perfect sense and I'm just echoing his sentiments again now.

DJ is one of the best coaches in the league when it comes to coaching up the secondary in my opinion, something the Bills have gained a reputation for and still holds true today. The Buffalo Bills produce some of the best DB's in the league.

And you follow the team in such a negative fashion.

I disagree....suprisingly. One of the only things Jauron is good at, is coaching and teaching his secondary. Jauron use to be a cornerback/secondary coach back is the day, he needs to go back to it, and stop coaching.

Anyway, Byrd is a player!! I would not put him in the same sentence as witner, parrish, and edwards. But I do agree that Jauron has ruined to of those players...edwards, and whitner

Hahah, what kills me most about this thread and the spirit of Bills fans in general is that when Byrd stops getting two interceptions a game, it'll be Jauron's fault. <_<

Agreed. This is beyond stupid. There are a ton of areas to question Jauron in but this? Jauron gets no credit for puttign together one of the best secondaries in the NFL, but the second they allow a touchdown, it's all Jauron's fault.

Lack of success has made Bills fans dumb.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if the O-line doesn't pass protect the QB is going to get chased around and slammed to the ground on a regular basis. We have a dysfunctional O-line and an inexperienced OC promoted up from an offense that never worked to begin with, does that even register with some of you. Hello, the offense didn't work when Fairchild was here, didn't work when Shonert took over and it doesn't work now so wake up and smell the coffee beans.

T.O. has been very forthright when expressing the Offenses inability to get him the ball. In T.O.'s opinion which should stand for something , the Bills Offense lacks the sophistication needed to get him the football and the O-line itself is not pass protecting well enough for the intermediate and longer pass routes to develop.

Trent Edwards behind a good O-line and with better coaching and play scheming on the offensive side of the ball could succeed in my opinion. AVP endorsed the Bills offense at the beginning of the season along with the no huddle and it has failed miserably, partly I do admit because of the O-line.

Buffalo needs to hire a GM now and allow the GM to evaluate the Bills team and coaching staff and determine what changes needed to be made. This idea is not mine and was posted by another poster earlier on in the season, the poster makes perfect sense and I'm just echoing his sentiments again now.

Oh, and DJ is one of the best coaches in the league when it comes to coaching up the secondary, something the Bills have gained a reputation for and still holds true today. The Buffalo Bills produce some of the best DB's in the league.

QB makes the OL better, not the other way around.

Once again, I point you to Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, and even Brett Favre. Their pass protection is either worse (GB) or--in the very least--only marginally better (Pit and Min) that Buffalo's, but their passing offenses all rank in the top 3rd of the league. And--before you ask--only Minnesota possesses a rushing offense that ranks in the top 12 in the league. Pittsburgh and Green Bay average 107 and 114 ypg rushing, compared to Buffalo's 110.

So if the pass protection isn't better, the running games aren't better, but the passing offenses are significantly better, it's time to admit that the problem is the QB.

Either that, or stop trying to make this argument in every thread, because the numbers don't lie.

It's also worth noting that during Edwards' time against NE, TB, NO, Mia, Cle, and NYJ, Buffalo surrendered a total of 17 sacks (or 3.28 sacks/game--if you account for Edwards playing only 1 quarter against the Jets). While Fitzpatrick was in the game against NYJ, Car, and Hou, Buffalo gave up a total of 4 sacks (or 1.45 sacks/game--if you account for Fitzpatrick playing 3/4 of the game vs. NYJ). Interesting.

But as to the OP, I sincerely doubt Jauron is going to "ruin" Jairus Byrd, or his uncanny ability to anticipate an overthrow or a tipped ball. He's already got Byrd playing 10 yards behind the play, and that hasn't stopped him from coming up with the ball, so there's not much more he can do.

Once again, I point you to Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, and even Brett Favre. Their pass protection is either worse (GB) or--in the very least--only marginally better (Pit and Min) that Buffalo's, but their passing offenses all rank in the top 3rd of the league. And--before you ask--only Minnesota possesses a rushing offense that ranks in the top 12 in the league. Pittsburgh and Green Bay average 107 and 114 ypg rushing, compared to Buffalo's 110.

So if the pass protection isn't better, the running games aren't better, but the passing offenses are significantly better, it's time to admit that the problem is the QB.

Either that, or stop trying to make this argument in every thread, because the numbers don't lie.

It's also worth noting that during Edwards' time against NE, TB, NO, Mia, Cle, and NYJ, Buffalo surrendered a total of 17 sacks (or 3.28 sacks/game--if you account for Edwards playing only 1 quarter against the Jets). While Fitzpatrick was in the game against NYJ, Car, and Hou, Buffalo gave up a total of 4 sacks (or 1.45 sacks/game--if you account for Fitzpatrick playing 3/4 of the game vs. NYJ). Interesting.

But as to the OP, I sincerely doubt Jauron is going to "ruin" Jairus Byrd, or his uncanny ability to anticipate an overthrow or a tipped ball. He's already got Byrd playing 10 yards behind the play, and that hasn't stopped him from coming up with the ball, so there's not much more he can do.

Now there is a wall bash if I have ever seen one. You are right maybe Byrd is immune to DJs awfulness as a coach. <_<

Guest dog14787

So what your saying is, Big Ben and Aaron Rodgers abilities to make plays because of their scrambling capabilities despite poor O-line play somehow makes the O-line perform better, and that train of thought makes sense to you? Why don't you take a look at the teams Aaron Rodgers beat and then lost to before you go bragging about Aaron Rodgers. Chances are if Rodgers had a decent O-line he might be 7-0 because he's that good in my opinion.

Trent Edwards is a pocket QB, he's not Big Ben or Aaron Rodgers, I assume you do realize that correct, so what do they have to do with our O-lines inexperience and capabilities to pass protect and run block, good grief, give me a break...

I would say the db play is pretty good, but players are hitting them with a complete head of steam because our defensive front is very small. Byrd got hit hard on a play up the middle on Sunday and the runner was virtually unobstructed before contact. This doesn't help in terms of guys getting hurt.

Because of the Levy/Jauron method of building a football team, the Bills are weak sisters. There simply cannot be a team in the league who worries about playing the Bills and that is the sad part. We waste draft picks on small players and watch them either get hurt or run away the second they can.

The 09 draft was a good one but bear in mind that we did lose a very good left tackle in the overall process. As a fan, I cling to the possibility that they will build on this draft. Then, reality slaps me in the face and tells me they will not.

I can see the Bills picking in or near the top 5 in 2010 and going with a blue chip safety. He might be good too but it won't matter. Whitner will be gone and we will be at square 1.

Or, they will take a first round qb and put him behind Tinker Bell at LT. Maybe they will grab a flashy ticket selling receiver to replace TO, right?

If fans like us know the above to be true, one would think that football people would as well but the lunacy seems to be never ending. I love being a Bills fan and a part of this community, but they are going to have to make sweeping changes before this team has any chance at all to compete.

I couldn't agree more. Remember when these dolts converted Coy Wire to LB at 218 lbs or something? Back then it seemed like a novel savy use of existing talent, little did we know it was just our first glimpse of incompetence and the penchant for trying to put square pegs in round holes.