A Few Thoughts About The Game

They all came after Poz and the rest of the D were on the field for 35 minutes. You think like Jauron does...his offense sucks and he expects his D to save his azz every time. The Bills D was worn down by then. I'd tell you to watch the game but it's obviously over your head.

PTR

The defense was on the field a lot but that's no excuse for missing gap assignments. Poz ran himself out of both plays. I know he is a fan favorite but he is part of the reason we give up so many yards on run defense.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill,

I usually value what you have to say. But to say that Poz played well is just nonsense. He is ALWAYS out of position, or getting run over by an O lineman. The guy is not good. He is stiff, slow and not athletic. He should not be starting in the NFL. Nic Harris will be a better player than Poz by next season.

I also agree that Poz was, well Poz again. I saw him whiff bad on a tackle in the first half. It almost looked like he alligator armed the guy, as if he didn't want to break his arm again.

And speaking of whiffs, Maybin had the grandaddy of all whiffs today. I can't remember when it happened, but it was after he had rushed the QB and I think Schaub dumped it off to the RB and Maybin after running all over had the angle on the RB 15 yards downfield. He went to tackle the guy and just waved at him him as he blew by along the Bills sidelines. Seems like Maybin still has no clue how much faster the NFL is than college.

3. QWhere were you? Poz was a POS. Did you miss those TDs straight up the gut? C'mon, watch the game.

Poz made a play but I agree with you more than Bill. Poz is the best of a bunch of lousy linebackers.

On the second Moats TD run, Poz got swallowed by some lineman.

Once again Jauron shows us exactly why he shouldn't be here any more. First, having big, slow DTs dropping back to cover small, fast WRs is just dumb. Someone should be fired and banned from attending any NFL games for life for even considering that as a viable defensive "scheme".

So, Jauron gives TO Friday off!?!!?! He's got a QB with 2 starts under his belt. An offense struggling to even resemble being professional, let alone find a rhythm. And you give your guys days off just before they go into a bye week! Infrggincredible.

Another brutal game to remind us all just how bad they can be.

Why not let T.O. have Fridays off? He takes every other Sunday off.

This quote about sums it up:

"It was easy," Texans linebacker DeMeco Ryans said. "They kind of had the same formations. They didn't give us a lot of motions and things. So it was a simple offense to go against."

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/846994.html

Remeber when Turk was fired and he said something about Dick's offense being pop warner like. I thought it was sour grapes, apparantly he was right. Dick must go!

Remeber when Turk was fired and he said something about Dick's offense being pop warner like. I thought it was sour grapes, apparantly he was right. Dick must go!

Yes, perhaps Turk was not the problem after all. The HC needs to step down or be relieved of his duties.

1) Another fine game by Byrd. He left the field at around the deuce; I hope is is OK. It must suck to have runners charging at you with a full head of steam on virtually every play. . . .

Re. #1: apparently, Jairus Byrd has decided to play well enough that you, personally, will come to conclude that the Bills were better off drafting him than they would have been either with a lineman or with Carolina's first round pick in next year's draft. Byrd seems to realize that convincing you of that proposition is a tough row to hoe. Look what he's done so far. In his first NFL game as a starter, he got only one interception. Let's give him a mulligan for that, because he's a rookie, and had to miss part of the mini-camps due to an NFL rule regarding final exams. Since then, he's intercepted two passes a game. At that pace, a player would have an absolutely insane 32 interceptions over the course of the season! Your whole defense isn't supposed to get half that many interceptions.

I'll grant that what we've seen thus far is probably an anomaly; and he's likely to slow down his present interception pace. But if he turns out to be only half the ballhawk he now appears, it will still have been a very good use of that second round pick.

That said, it's glaringly obvious that the Bills need to address their lines early in the 2010 draft, starting with the left tackle position.

Poz made a play but I agree with you more than Bill. Poz is the best of a bunch of lousy linebackers.

On the second Moats TD run, Poz got swallowed by some lineman.

Poz made some plays and even applied some pass rush. He plays behind Stroud (who was all but finished by the 3rd quarter) and little Spencer Johnson, who was covering a wideout. Not bad enough? Schobel got hurt.

Poz puts everything he has into a football game. On another team he would be a star. I like the kid and he helped keep us in the game for a while.

Re. #1: apparently, Jairus Byrd has decided to play well enough that you, personally, will come to conclude that the Bills were better off drafting him than they would have been either with a lineman or with Carolina's first round pick in next year's draft. Byrd seems to realize that convincing you of that proposition is a tough row to hoe. Look what he's done so far.

LOL!!!! You are probably right but let's not put the cart in front of the horse. :censored:

This team has about 300 defensive backs and 4 good linemen. When Carolina picks in the top 10 next season, let's talk, OK? :censored:

Poz made some plays and even applied some pass rush. He plays behind Stroud (who was all but finished by the 3rd quarter) and little Spencer Johnson, who was covering a wideout. Not bad enough? Schobel got hurt.

Poz puts everything he has into a football game. On another team he would be a star. I like the kid and he helped keep us in the game for a while.

That statement I don't disagree with. But Poz for me is like Lynch. His heart outstrips his ability. On top of that, yes, anyone on this team would be better on almost any other team. Playing on the Bills makes you worse.

6) The announcers were right. The incomplete pass at halftime was on Fitz, not TO. WAY too much air.

Only point I disagree with in your list. Yes there was way too much air but the ball was in TO's hands. An elite receiver is supposed to bail his QB out, especially TO who is supposed to be exceptionally strong. He should have fought for the ball.