A Few Thoughts About The Game

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been overwhelmed by Poz's ability in the open field or in the pass rush but he does play MLB for a reason. In his defense though, it's difficult to play MLB effectively when you have free roaming offensive lineman in your face.

When Wade and Butler came to town they brought in Ted Washington and Bryce Paup to a defensive front that already had Bruce Smith and Phil Hansen. His first draft pick (round 2) was Sam Cowart. Not bad, right?

Jauron and good ole Marv brought in Larry Tripplett and Robert Royal. Their first draft selection (#8) was Donte Whitner. The next 3 were McCargo, Youboty and Ko Simpson, and it cost them a 2nd round pick in a tradeup to walk away with these gems.

This is a case study on how to lose football games and do long term damage to a franchise.

Only point I disagree with in your list. Yes there was way too much air but the ball was in TO's hands. An elite receiver is supposed to bail his QB out, especially TO who is supposed to be exceptionally strong. He should have fought for the ball.

There are plenty of other times to come down hard on TO ... yes, he should have (in our limited understanding of what it takes to be a WR in the NFL) come down with the ball ... but on the other hand ... it's tough to do that with the DB getting an arm bar across before the pass even arrives. It would have taken extreme strength in the fingers & great timing to do so. TO's done it before, but it's anything but a sure catch by ANY receiver.

1) Another fine game by Byrd. He left the field at around the deuce; I hope is is OK. It must suck to have runners charging at you with a full head of steam on virtually every play.

2) I saw something interesting before the half. TO was on the sidelines bitching to Josh Reed, and Reed turned his back on him and walked away. Take from this what you wish.

3) Poz played a very good game today.

4) This game was the dictionary definition of Jauron Ball. A non-aggressive, weak, tiny little team with no Offensive Tackles and 200 defensive backs gets beat to s--t at home. Surprised are we?

5) Moorman is a flat out freak, but you already knew that.

6) The announcers were right. The incomplete pass at halftime was on Fitz, not TO. WAY too much air.

7) Don't look now, but Schobel was on a pace for double digit sacks. He was dominating Orlando Brown. As soon as he left the field their defense fell apart. It would have anyway mind you. Stroud was gassed and Spencer Johnson was covering wideouts. What a freaking mess.

8) I like Fitz but he was pretty bad today. Tough to blame him when your OTs are "Tinker Bell" and the "Nobody of the Week."

9) There is no valid reason to keep Jauron. He never could coach, but he now looks like he is nearing a mental breakdown. Don't want that, ya know? They might have to put him in a treatment room with big posters of college defensive backs on the wall as part of his therapy.

10) We probably won't, but I will forever cling to hope that the Bills will draft some big guys and build a football team; one that doesn't resemble a ballet ensemble.

11) Is Lynch turning into a non-productive player? I sure hope not. Freddy Jackson is productive.

12) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The answer to that one is a big No. I dont know where you call a 4.8 YPC non-productive. Lynch was running all over their defense and they decided to only give him 9 carries.

The team looked awful yesterday, but Marshawn looked like his old self yesterday, even if he only got 9 carries.

Well, I do say, my good man, your ignorance, stupidity, intollerance and all around :censored: are on fine display today.

In his DEFENCE Beerball, he is a product of the Georgia school system....remember, they teach kids to EXTRAPOLATE!

Trent Edwards is better than Tom Brady!!!!

Didn't watch the game, but from the sounds of all the reviews, it was just like every other game.

Whether the Bills Win or Lose, the feedback is always the same. Nothing has changed. The team has made no strides towards figuring things out. We are still stuck in the purgatory of mediocrity. In fact, we might even be below mediocre if you take into consideration the massive failures of our offense.

There is no way Jauron would be re-hired on another other football team. What is interesting to me, is when you look around the league at head coaches under fire, I don't think there are any coaches with as terrible a track record as Dick Jauron. Would I want Tom Cable or Jim Zorn coaching my team? Hell no. But their failings as head coaches are at least NEWS worthy. At least they are new to the gig of being an NFL head coach. Jauron has been coaching the same way since he was hired and his failings are nothing new. And his track record of failure extends far past his tenure with the Bills. I assume that is why no one is talking about it, but it just makes it even more sickening. And the fact that there is ABSOLUTELY NO guarantee that Ralph will fire him is even more mind boggling.

Just listen to what opposing defenses say about our offense. This offense is Jauron's child. He is responsible.

Didn't watch the game, but from the sounds of all the reviews, it was just like every other game.

Whether the Bills Win or Lose, the feedback is always the same. Nothing has changed. The team has made no strides towards figuring things out. We are still stuck in the purgatory of mediocrity. In fact, we might even be below mediocre if you take into consideration the massive failures of our offense.

There is no way Jauron would be re-hired on another other football team. What is interesting to me, is when you look around the league at head coaches under fire, I don't think there are any coaches with as terrible a track record as Dick Jauron. Would I want Tom Cable or Jim Zorn coaching my team? Hell no. But their failings as head coaches are at least NEWS worthy. At least they are new to the gig of being an NFL head coach. Jauron has been coaching the same way since he was hired and his failings are nothing new. And his track record of failure extends far past his tenure with the Bills. I assume that is why no one is talking about it, but it just makes it even more sickening. And the fact that there is ABSOLUTELY NO guarantee that Ralph will fire him is even more mind boggling.

Just listen to what opposing defenses say about our offense. This offense is Jauron's child. He is responsible.

Well, I think they've figured out their new best receiver for the next decade.

He hasn't had a drop, and leads the team in most mutiple catch games and RAC.

Trouble is, he's a rookie DB.. :censored:

LOL!!!! You are probably right but let's not put the cart in front of the horse. :censored:

This team has about 300 defensive backs and 4 good linemen. When Carolina picks in the top 10 next season, let's talk, OK? :oops:

Um . . . a top ten pick. :sick: You're probably right about that, considering that even the Bills were able to beat the Panthers. Not only that, the 2010 draft is rich in good left tackle prospects; though I'm sure that thought hadn't occurred to you! :censored:

This situation is one fraught with extremes. On the one hand, Byrd is playing much better than a guy chosen early in the second round has any right to play. It's almost a little ridiculous. On the other hand, we need a huge upgrade at LT, if this team is even remotely serious about keeping the QB from going into a permanent coma. It almost makes me wish we had had two picks in the early second round: one to use on Byrd, and the other to trade for Carolina's first round pick.

On Lynch: On a few plays yesterday (maybe two that I can think of) he actually hit the hole quickly and went through it without dancing. On those plays, he looked like he was shot out of a cannon. Anyone who thinks that he isn't the more physically talented/gifted back is in denial. His biggest problem seems to be his tendancy to start dancing as soon as he is handed the ball, which negatively impacts his speed to the hole. If he would take the ball, cut once, run through the hole, and then dance to aviod defenders after that initial 3 to 5 yards past the line, he would be a much better player. Jackson's a more decisive and patient runner, but isn't anywhere near the talent of Lynch.

LOL!!!! You are probably right but let's not put the cart in front of the horse. :sick:

This team has about 300 defensive backs and 4 good linemen. When Carolina picks in the top 10 next season, let's talk, OK? :beer:

In hindsight, I would not have traded that pick for Carolina's frst next year, nor would I have taken E. Brown. When you hit on a pick, you hit on a pick and there is no guarantee that any player drafted next year is going to pan out.

When Wade and Butler came to town they brought in Ted Washington and Bryce Paup to a defensive front that already had Bruce Smith and Phil Hansen. His first draft pick (round 2) was Sam Cowart. Not bad, right?

Jauron and good ole Marv brought in Larry Tripplett and Robert Royal. Their first draft selection (#8) was Donte Whitner. The next 3 were McCargo, Youboty and Ko Simpson, and it cost them a 2nd round pick in a tradeup to walk away with these gems.

This is a case study on how to lose football games and do long term damage to a franchise.

Neitehr Wade nor Butler "came to town" - both were apart of the team the year before. Also, they were charged primarily with getting the defense changed from a prevent to an attacking style. It could even be argued that they would have been better served drafting a LT instead of Cowart in that first draft.