Marshawn Lynch

Pozitive51

In my opinion, no one on the offense gets touched until we have a non-reh-tard calling the shots on the sidelines. We could have the Colt's offensive weapons and Dick and Fat Van Pelt would find a way to make it ineffective.

I kind of agree with this. We could be sitting on a gold mine of talent, but no one knows how to use them.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was laughing it up on the sidelines toward the end of the game.

I personally don't understand what could be so funny or enjoyable as your team falls to 3-5.

Well, that is if you cared.

Hey, it's a Jauron-led team. He sets the tone...and the tone he sets is "Winning is hard, and basically happens by accident, so it's okay to lose." You don't want players enjoying a loss, get a new coach.

As for Lynch's running...he's a powerful straight-ahead runner, but cuts like a 90-year old woman. He needs to be taught to make one cut and hit the hole (as he did on his first, 8-yard run), and then he'll be effective. Again...you need to get a new coach.

The screen pass was thrown WAYYYYY ahead of him. Settle down, he didn't miss the screen pass.

Right on 1 and 3. On their opening drive he danced around instaead of putting his head down on 3rd and 3 and driving forward for the first down. He had the first down if he dove forward. For some reason he decided to dance east and west....maybe he is coached that way LOL!

The screen pass was horribly thrown.

He really looked bad today....

1) Danced instead of turning up field to get a first down on 3rd and short in the first quater.

2) Missed the screen pass

3) Was laughing and having a good time on the sideline towards the end of the game.

Freddy is the better player, Lynch is a bum who is one bad decision away from getting suspended for a year. Get rid of him and get some extra picks for the new coaching staff.

Our line is horrible, there isnt a back in the NFL that will strive behind it. The only thing we have right now thats a positive on offense is the Lynch/Jackson combo. Since teams picked up on the Swing Pass, and the Toss to Jackson he hasnt been to hot either, notice how these plays get shut down quick anymore? yeah teams see it coming because we cannot execute anything without an offensive line.

Hey, it's a Jauron-led team. He sets the tone...and the tone he sets is "Winning is hard, and basically happens by accident, so it's okay to lose." You don't want players enjoying a loss, get a new coach.

As for Lynch's running...he's a powerful straight-ahead runner, but cuts like a 90-year old woman. He needs to be taught to make one cut and hit the hole (as he did on his first, 8-yard run), and then he'll be effective. Again...you need to get a new coach.

I have always liked Lynch. Still do.

But I question that carefree attitude during a horrible losing season when you are atleast a part of the reason the team is struggling so bad.

What is there to laugh about when you are 3-5, with no hope in sight?

Ultimately, I agree with you. Jauron sets the tone and the whole "winning is hard" thing sounds pathetic. I never heard any of the NFL Hall of Famers talk like this. Or any winning franchise, for that matter.

My greatest fear is that the Bills will make Jauron the sole scape goat of this debacle, and he will be the sole departure. Brandon really hung him out to dry after the Cleveland loss, as if he was not responsible for selecting alot of the players currently on this roster. Modrak and Guy have also had too much of a free pass to escape this time.

With Gruden at head coach, I don't think Lynch would have much to be laughing about on the sideline.

Look at Owens. I think he is being quiet and a good soldier for us because he knows he only signed a 1 year deal, and after this year he is gone. But he gets extremely frustrated when he makes a mistake. He carries himself a certain way on the field- something foreign to this Bills roster. Call it pride, or pedigree, or ego...but Owens carries himself like a professional.

And I don't remember seeing him laughing after a loss.

Right on 1 and 3. On their opening drive he danced around instaead of putting his head down on 3rd and 3 and driving forward for the first down. He had the first down if he dove forward. For some reason he decided to dance east and west....maybe he is coached that way LOL!

That was a killer, I thought. We were running well, in a second and short, and all he needed was a couple of yards for the 1st down. He had the easy first down, but instead danced sideways and backwards, giving us a 3rd and 4, and we of course stalled.

The thing the coaches and the players need to understand is this: the offense cannot even get into third down situations. If we are at 2nd and manageable, go for the first down! The players aren't good enough to execute and the coaches not smart enough to consistently convert 3rd downs.

Lynch looked much better than Fred Jackson did today. The problem isn't Lynch or Jackson, but that god awful line that we have lined up. The terrible play calling doesn't help a whole lot either.

agree with the both of you as to the real cause of the problems. but yeah, that 3rd and 3 was tough to swallow. he was almost at the 1st down marker. just needed to go forward.

but again, that's another case of a player trying too hard to make a play instead of simply doing what he was supposed to do. that is a direct indication of poor coaching. good coaching tells the players that all they need to do is their designated job on every play. nothing more, nothing less. and the play will work out for itself. but when the players dont/cant trust the coaches, and the coaches arent calling plays to put their players in the best possible position to succeed... this is what you get. a bunch of guys trying to do more than they should and failing instead.

of course, Lynch not trusting the line either doesnt help any either.

Yeah, trade Lynch for a couple first/second round picks and maybe a QB(cause RB's are like super valuable), that way Fred Jackson can be our feature back.....or maybe even a Jackson-Omon tandem!!! Thats one way to totally get this offense going!!!

Well I think our problems right now one too deep to jettison a guy because he is laughing on the sidelines after a loss. That's exactly the type of roster mismanagement that makes us keep spinning our wheels. Don't trade your talented players until you have enough that you can afford to use a draft pick to replace them.

A running back's career is typically short, which is why it doesn't make sense to draft one until most of the other pieces are in place. The Bills are probably at least two full offseasons away from being a threat to be dangerous deep into the playoffs. How much gas will Lynch have left in his tank after 2.5 more seasons?

If we could a) get a second round pick for him, and b) avoid using a first-day pick on a RB for the next two to three years, I'd recommend going ahead with the trade. When you're in rebuilding mode (as the Bills are, or should be), it makes sense to trade away whichever of your veteran players a) are young/good enough to still have some trade value, and b) are old enough that they won't be able to give very many good years to your team, once the rebuilding process is complete. Lynch probably falls into that category.

That said, if they trade him, they should not use a first-day pick on a RB before 2012, or even 2013. Doing otherwise would defeat the whole purpose of the trade.

Yes, lets trade the only other Bills offensive player to make the ProBowl in recent years. Great idea. Seriously, great idea.

Sure, pro bowl selection is a great measure of players ability. C'mon he wasn't even a first selection. Didn't he go in as like the 3rd alternate or something? A lot of players end up in the probowl by default, after a few injuries, voluntary self-removal, or other circumstances which eliminate others from the contest.

Claiming Lynch to be one of the best backs, attributed to his probowl tag, is like calling Obama one of the greatest presidents ever after getting the Pulitzer Peace prize. Most awards are a joke. Pop band Jethro Tull, well known for their acoustic guitar and flute style recordings, once got a Grammy award for best "heavy metal" album. A distinction that even Tull front man Ian Anderson thought was ridiculous. So don't place too much import on any figure because of some bogus award.

Marshawn should change his last name from Lynch to Inch. That's about all he gains on most runs. The guy is a clown.

Inchy the Clown (honk-honk).

Think of the intensity and seriousness seen in the faces of past superbowl winners like Emmitt Smith or Walter Payton, then compare it to the cartoonish Marshawn Inch. Does he even look like someone who could be on a superbowl winning team?

The problem with trying to trade Lynch, Roscoe, or any of the others whose names have surfaced for possible trade, is that other teams have the film on these guys. Do you think any team would be willing to give up anything higher than a 3rd rounder for Lynch? Doubtful.

BTW - how's ol' mama doing, Inchy? She still have a house in Buffalo. Better call a realtor soon.

COME ON PEOPLE!!!

Did I miss something?????

Lynch 9 carries for 43 yards rushing, almost 5yds per carry

Jackson 9 carries for 28 yards rushing, just over 3yds per carry

I don't know why we didn't use him MORE!!!!

Get the facts before you run a guy down!!!!

COME ON PEOPLE!!!

Did I miss something?????

Lynch 9 carries for 43 yards rushing, almost 5yds per carry

Jackson 9 carries for 28 yards rushing, just over 3yds per carry

I don't know why we didn't use him MORE!!!!

Get the facts before you run a guy down!!!!

Exactly, people on here like to run their mouths without looking at facts.

I have said it before... now that we all know how good Fast Freddy really is Marshawn should be used in short yardage and in the red zone. To lose another solid player would be dumb.

Everyone knows this team needs another boost to the OL to help out Wood and Levitre, a veteran QB and some run stopping LBs.

To say we need a new coach and OC would just be redundant.

you need an offensive line to run behind...just look at how often Fitzpatrick was on his can. Oh, and Fitzpatrick is not the answer.

Lynch did better than Freddie did with the same number of carries...neither were that good but its hard to run when you are hit in the backfield.

As for the dancing, yes i wish he would hit the wholes harder...maybe the coaches could yell at him about that? Look at what Houston did, they benched Slaton for fumbling again and stuck to their guns. The (crappy) coaches should tell him, you dance, you sit.

Sure, pro bowl selection is a great measure of players ability. C'mon he wasn't even a first selection. Didn't he go in as like the 3rd alternate or something? A lot of players end up in the probowl by default, after a few injuries, voluntary self-removal, or other circumstances which eliminate others from the contest.

Claiming Lynch to be one of the best backs, attributed to his probowl tag, is like calling Obama one of the greatest presidents ever after getting the Pulitzer Peace prize. Most awards are a joke. Pop band Jethro Tull, well known for their acoustic guitar and flute style recordings, once got a Grammy award for best "heavy metal" album. A distinction that even Tull front man Ian Anderson thought was ridiculous. So don't place too much import on any figure because of some bogus award.

Marshawn should change his last name from Lynch to Inch. That's about all he gains on most runs. The guy is a clown.

Inchy the Clown (honk-honk).

Think of the intensity and seriousness seen in the faces of past superbowl winners like Emmitt Smith or Walter Payton, then compare it to the cartoonish Marshawn Inch. Does he even look like someone who could be on a superbowl winning team?

The problem with trying to trade Lynch, Roscoe, or any of the others whose names have surfaced for possible trade, is that other teams have the film on these guys. Do you think any team would be willing to give up anything higher than a 3rd rounder for Lynch? Doubtful.

BTW - how's ol' mama doing, Inchy? She still have a house in Buffalo. Better call a realtor soon.

Just like Peters didn't belong in the ProBowl? How is that working out? Name one offensive player on this team who is doing well this year. Why not trade Evans? What is he doing?