Marshawn Lynch

Pozitive51

The one play did piss me off because lynch had the first down easily and jooked sideways for no reason. :sick:

I had voted for them to split time originally, But Fred Jackson has a nose for extra yardage and turns right up the field and gets it every chance he gets.

Marshawns still a young pup though playing behind a horrible O-line, I'm not ready or willing to trade a very good RB.

Ya, their yards per carry really reflected that. I do recall "the one play" which everyone is trying to use to define his entire performance for the day. I REALLY thought he had the first down to. Bad juke. I guess good players don't ever make mistakes.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry - his career has been pretty pedestrian so far...nobody outside of BUF fans are clapping their hands in praise for the guy, or mentioning his name as one of the leagues' top runners.

Uhhh....PROBOWL......just sayin'. You don't make it by Western NY voter support.

I'm not tossing Lynch into the ditch - but that the coaching staff isn't using him more is telling - either about them or about Lynch - dunno which it is. :sick:

He really has yet to live up to his #1 pick billing. Personally, I think he's more "jive" than substance so far...

I agree. The fact that the coaching staff is using Jackson even less....is even MORE telling!! It means Lynch is better and our O-line can't run block for ****!

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO CLUELESS WHEN IT COMES TO UNDERSTANDING HOW POOR LINE PLAY ALSO AFFECTS A RB!!!

Almost all people here are not.

They do understand, however, that there have always been rbs that played behind poor lines, and took it upon themselves to gain yards as they may.

That kind of rb isn't seen on the sideline during a game, chuckling.

I'll contrast Lynch to Corey Dillon.

Dillon played with many a podunk CIN team, many a jerk coaching staff. And Dillon was a jerk - of the common garden variety. Wouldn't talk to the press - nothing wrong with that, IMO. And IIRC, his one sin-against-society was a single dui.

Come game day, Dillon was all business. Look up his numbers. Eye-popping. He was also a fine receiver - he often came back for a pass from a pressured qb. Dillion had wr speed.

He was mad to be in the game the moment opening the whistle blew; he was on fire all game long. He'd root for his D, and couldn't wait to get back in.

Lynch? :sick:

Almost all people here are not.

They do understand, however, that there have always been rbs that played behind poor lines, and took it upon themselves to gain yards as they may.

That kind of rb isn't seen on the sideline during a game, chuckling.

I'll contrast Lynch to Corey Dillon.

Dillon played with many a podunk CIN team, many a jerk coaching staff. And Dillon was a jerk - of the common garden variety. Wouldn't talk to the press - nothing wrong with that, IMO. And IIRC, his one sin-against-society was a single dui.

Come game day, Dillon was all business. Look up his numbers. Eye-popping. He was also a fine receiver - he often came back for a pass from a pressured qb. Dillion had wr speed.

He was mad to be in the game the moment opening the whistle blew; he was on fire all game long. He'd root for his D, and couldn't wait to get back in.

Lynch? :sick:

This has what to do with Lynch? Seems like your only argument is that he isn't Corey Dillon and doesn't have WR speed which most RBs don't. Do you even watch the games? HE DOES TAKE IT UPON HIMSELF TO GAIN YARDS. Apparently you don't see those plays where he disappears and the pile moves an extra 2 to 5 yards. Apparently you don't see the plays where his "dancing" in the backfield and breaking a tackle to gain the team positive yards on what should have been a stop for a loss. Nice outlook sunshine. Try looking at what he does do well instead of the occasional play where he does try to get an extra 5yds+ instead of taking the 1 yard. Look at his performance ON THE FIELD not his lighthearted grin and attitude on the sideline.

The Bengals also weren't great teams back then but they had a field stretching offense, could throw the deep ball and also run it. This takes pressure off of the run and short check down pass game. Those podunk Bengals if memory serves were HORRIBLE on defense. That is why their record was on par with our current Bills. Also, let's not forget that Dillon played 4 years with the multi-superbowl winning patriots!!

Lynch has never had a good run blocking line and I have absolutely ZERO problem with the young "player". The young "man" has some maturing to do but his effort and drive are evident when he drives for extra yards. When opposing players say you have to practically kill him to get him down and stop his leg drive I take their assessment over yours.