Costco versus Sam's Club

TSNBDSC

They probably both have day passes. Use one and walk around them. I did this for BJ's and Sam's and found BJ's had more products that I buy.

We don't have Costco in NY, but from what I read on the intertubes there is a lot of love for them. Plus, how can you beat this?

I have business memberships to both, and if you're willing to spend the money for the better Costco card (depending on how much you shop), you can earn (I think it's) 2% back at the end of each year, so worst case you're getting paid back for membership fees. The only reason I keep my Sam's Club business membership is because they open at 7 a.m. on Saturdays for Business Members only, and being able to go in, shop, and check out with only seven or eight other people in there is outstanding.

They probably both have day passes. Use one and walk around them. I did this for BJ's and Sam's and found BJ's had more products that I buy.

We don't have Costco in NY, but from what I read on the intertubes there is a lot of love for them. Plus, how can you beat this?

Yes, nothing says "I love you Mom" quite like buying her a casket.

I prefer Costco but if you have the choice, do either of them sell Gas?

If you have a location that sells Gas that could be the tie breaker.

Eh, the savings on gas at my Sam's is only about 5 cents. Depending on how far out of the way you have to drive I don't think this should be much of a factor

i havent been to a Costco yet, but we're going to go soon.

my gf and i have a membership for Sam's and I'm not real thrilled with it. especially being raised as a BJ's customer. Sam's is like a bulk Walmart. I guess if you have a family that you have to pack lunches for, or just want to eat like crap and gain a lot of weight, Sam's isnt that bad. But all they really have is bulk junk food.

since it's just my GF and I and we live in an apartment where storage is at a premium, all we really get from Sam's is cleaning supplies, paper products (tp, etc), some snacks... that's about it.

all in all, im not really impressed with Sam's.

But all they really have is bulk junk food.

since it's just my GF and I and we live in an apartment where storage is at a premium, all we really get from Sam's is cleaning supplies, paper products (tp, etc), some snacks... that's about it.

all in all, im not really impressed with Sam's.

:wallbash::wallbash:

They have a lot more than just junk food... At least here in the Twin Cities. You can buy a gallon of milk for around $1.80 (it's over $3 in the grocery store). You can buy ground beef, chicken breasts, veggie platters, etc, all for a lot less than the grocery store. In addition, they have gas which is significantly cheaper than the regular gas station.

As you noticed, cleaning supplies and paper products are much cheaper as well. Condiments and spices are also generally much cheaper than a grocery store, as are candy bars and cereal (now we're getting to the junk food :sick: ).

I agree that not everything is a deal - but I wouldn't write it all off. And I'm sure the same goes for Costco.