Jerry Sullivan is a jerk

Dr. K

Today's column sets me off. Even when he says things I agree with, the guy is a snide creep. It's not about his opinioins, it's about his dismissive "I'm a genius--you suck" attitude.

I'd like to see him left alone in an alley with Bledsoe, Donohoe, Mularkey and a couple of Bills o-linemen. I wonder what would be left of him?

Today's column sets me off.  Even when he says things I agree with, the guy is a snide creep.  It's not about his opinioins, it's about his dismissive "I'm a genius--you suck" attitude.

I'd like to see him left alone in an alley with Bledsoe, Donohoe, Mularkey and a couple of Bills o-linemen.  I wonder what would be left of him?

119777[/snapback]

He would probably sack Drew.

Today's column sets me off.  Even when he says things I agree with, the guy is a snide creep.  It's not about his opinioins, it's about his dismissive "I'm a genius--you suck" attitude.

119777[/snapback]

Maybe so (I was never a fan of his tone in the past, either), but he makes legit points. There's no point in leaving Drew out there to be humiliated - he's too much of a class act to let him go out there only to embarrass himself.

At the same time, Mularkey needs to do the right thing - don't start Losman because the fans want him to or because Coughlin is starting Manning. Start Losman because he's ready to play in the NFL.

They would handle him the same way Condi Rice would handle you.

119781[/snapback]

Is that Condi "Bin Laden Determined to Attack inside the U.S." Rice? The woman who said she didn't bother to read the CIA assessment on Saddam Hussein's weapons programs before the war? The woman whose entire NSA career has been about covering her boss's butt, and explaining to him that Sweden is not Switzerland?

of course he's a prick...he's made a career out of being a snide smartass. but he's right that we need a change at qb....i'm not sure it'sa going to make any difference, but we need a change at qb, that is for damn sure.

when jerry comes out with his "this-whole-mess-is-hopeless-till-TD-gets-fired" rant he will be a prick and a jerk about it too. but he'll also be correct.

Jerry Sullivan is the one who is about smoke and mirrors.

I emailed him over the summer and asked him who he would have as QB of the Bills.

Mark Brunell.

I rest my case.

"Sullivan, Jerry" <JSullivan@buffnews.com> wrote:

Actually, I would have cut him and signed Mark Brunell.

You guys are missing my point. Sullivan may well be right about benching Bledsoe and starting Losman. The only reason I would not start Losman right away is that Losman probably hasn't had enough prqactice with the first team and is still not 100% on his healing leg. It's a judgment call that could go either way.

But that's not the issue for me.

The issue is the utter contempt with which Sullivan states his opinions. Sullivan is not some drunk in a bar, he's supposed to be a journalist, and he's not writing about life-or-death situations, he's writing about a game.

If Mularkey changes his mind and starts Losman right away, and Losman stinks up the joint for three or four games, what do you think Sullivan is going to write then? You think he won't be screaming for Mularkey's and Donohoe's heads on a platter? The worst thing that could ever happen to Sullivan would be for the Bills to play well. He's been tongue tied for the last two weeks; I can just see him salivating as the Bills played so badly Sunday night--it must have made his day.

Jerry Stevestojan = master of the obvious. Anyone can B word and moan. But coming up with viable alternative solutions is much tougher.

Jerry's solution to Drew Bledsoe over the offseason? Mark fuggin Brunell!!! ;):ph34r::ph34r:

In case any of you haven't been following the Skins, Mark Brunell is actually playing WORSE than Drew!