TO

The Big Cat

Or not?

I think if it's going to happen, it's more likely to happen with Fitz back there.

But there were certainly no shortage of attempts at getting him the ball yesterday, including his half-assed effort on the 3rd down reverse.

What's his deal?

Is he thinking beyond Buffalo? Does he have enough common sense to know that if things keep up this way he'll have an even harder time finding a team to play with next year?

I don't see any breakout game coming this year. I believe that he is looking ahead to next year, and the numbers he puts up are not going to be the deciding matter for what team he gets on. He just needs to behave himself and he'll be set for next year. I expect to continue to see between 7 and 12 plays go TO's way a game. Expect a couple drops, a couple catches he has no business making, and a couple missed opportunities deep.

I don't see any breakout game coming this year. I believe that he is looking ahead to next year, and the numbers he puts up are not going to be the deciding matter for what team he gets on. He just needs to behave himself and he'll be set for next year. I expect to continue to see between 7 and 12 plays go TO's way a game. Expect a couple drops, a couple catches he has no business making, and a couple missed opportunities deep.

"a couple catches he has no business making"

Huh???? Where have those been?

How about "a couple catches younger, better WRs are making"?

Can someone tell me why we run a reverse with Owens, rather than someone with a bit more speed? Why not Evans?

Good Q.

Great call, great execution - wrong guy carrying the ball.

Can someone tell me why we run a reverse with Owens, rather than someone with a bit more speed? Why not Evans?

I thought it was a great call and Owens can break tackles. He's a very good reverse runner.

Here's the thign that's happening with TO unfortunately: He's now in the Eric Moulds on hte Texans stage of his career. It sucks but it happens to every player.

Probably has more to do with Owens' reputation for "game" speed.

So, if I'm gathering this right, we're still very much in need of a number two receiver?

Sorry but TO's great days are over! He knows it and he seems to be just going through the motions. I do not think he will see a big contract next year and he does not seem to be wanting to do the things he needs to be more than adequate.

So let me try and shift gears again:

With Butler coming back next year, and Nelson looking quite promising, is it fair to say our offensive needs are: QB, LT, WR2?

On the defensive side of the ball, I'd say DT, LB, DE.

Come to think of it, with the exception of the glaring need at QB, we might be in better shape heading into the off season than we've been in quite some time!

Looking for that silver lining any where I can find it! :censored:

So let me try and shift gears again:

With Butler coming back next year, and Nelson looking quite promising, is it fair to say our offensive needs are: QB, LT, WR2?

On the defensive side of the ball, I'd say DT, LB, DE.

Come to think of it, with the exception of the glaring need at QB, we might be in better shape heading into the off season than we've been in quite some time!

Looking for that silver lining any where I can find it! :censored:

At QB, i'd draft a young guy and develop him while Fitz and Edwards battle it out for the new year. The Qbs in hte draft are very suspect. And we have a #2 receiver: either Steve Johnson or James Hardy.

DE is perfectly fine and think LB is fine too with our young guys. But if we get a DT and able to use Williams as a rotational guy, this has a chance to be an elite unit.

and there still are a ton of games to be played, but this will be a big person draft.

"a couple catches he has no business making"

Huh???? Where have those been?

How about "a couple catches younger, better WRs are making"?

Definitely on one of the passes he received yesterday. He managed to catch the ball even though the defender had his hand on it all the way to the ground.

I was crticized heavily for not being on board with the TO signing...it has nothing to do with his personality. He was clearly losing his game last season, with the Cowboys, a team, with, arguably better talent... he was bound to have a bad season with the Bills. Personally, since the Bills aren't any better with him, I would prefer to see what guys like Hardy and Johnson

can do. TO is bound to have a few good games this year, but, it is becoming more and more obvious each week, he is a possession receiver...and I am not convinced that Josh Reed isn't better in that role.

I was crticized heavily for not being on board with the TO signing...it has nothing to do with his personality. He was clearly losing his game last season, with the Cowboys, a team, with, arguably better talent... he was bound to have a bad season with the Bills. Personally, since the Bills aren't any better with him, I would prefer to see what guys like Hardy and Johnson

can do. TO is bound to have a few good games this year, but, it is becoming more and more obvious each week, he is a possession receiver...and I am not convinced that Josh Reed isn't better in that role.

he didn't have an "off" year last year. Don't know if you seen his stats or not, but over 1000 yds and 10 TD's says that he was a pretty decent reciever last year.

At QB, i'd draft a young guy and develop him while Fitz and Edwards battle it out for the new year. The Qbs in hte draft are very suspect. And we have a #2 receiver: either Steve Johnson or James Hardy.

DE is perfectly fine and think LB is fine too with our young guys. But if we get a DT and able to use Williams as a rotational guy, this has a chance to be an elite unit.

and there still are a ton of games to be played, but this will be a big person draft.

There is no way the Bills LB corp is fine. They need another starting OLB - leave Palmer, Harris, Ellison, Buggs etc for depth. Also, Schobel ain't getting any younger and Maybin hasn't proven to be the heir apparent (yet). I think Secondary, RB, WR, TE are set but we need help on OL, DL and LB not too mention the most important player on the field QB. They play hard, but they still lack the talent in key areas.

he didn't have an "off" year last year. Don't know if you seen his stats or not, but over 1000 yds and 10 TD's says that he was a pretty decent reciever last year.

Actually, I saw near every Cowboys game that Ownes has ever played with Dallas (I live in Cowboys territory, my gf is a huge Cowboys fan), and despite the numbers, Owens did not have a great season last year. He would likely be putting up decent numbers in an upper echelon offense (ie: not the Bills) this year too, because he would get many chances, and other offenses are more agressive and imaginative than what the Bills try to do.

Owens dropped many key passes last season, with the Cowboys. It was apparent to anyone who watched, he was losing some of his skills. I suspect he is still better than what we have seen, but his contributions to this offense, for this team, this year, are likely to be pretty minimal...the Bills rely on perfect execution, there is no margin for error for the Bills. Tony Romo is going to throw the ball a ton every week...any receiver is going to put up numbers given enough opportunities. At this point in his career, TO is not the dominating player he once was. He needs more talent around him, to succeed, than what the Bills put on the field every week.

When Owens came to Buffalo, it was expected by most, that he was going to make Trent Edwards a better QB. Well, Owens, alone, couldn't make a vetran, like Brad Johnson a competent QB last year. I think the expectations for what Owens could do for the Bills was way out of proportion to the player he is, in 2009. Can't blame someone for dreaming...but eventually the alarm clock goes off...

Ok, it's obvious your grasping at shoestrings...

Fitz & TE battling it out in camp? Fitz doesn't have the arm strength to throw a 15 yd out, or hit Lee in stride and TE looks great in camp every year but has yet to be able to translate that to the reg season...time to cut your losses as they are both adequate back ups.

DE is perfectly fine? WHAT? I would agree if we had a pass rush...but we don't, and Maybin will NEVER be an NFL DE.

LB is fine too? If you're ok with your LB's making tackles 10-15 yds downfield and not being able to stuff a hole and stop the run.

Have you been watching the same Bills I have... 23rd pass D and DEAD effing LAST in rush D.

I don't mean to sound combative, but your mind-set seems to be the same as our piss poor coaching, and that's NOT OK! :thumbsup: