The "Fire Jauron Crowd" should settle down and realize

Fewell733

Think about it - Jauron is going to be fired for certain unless we have a total turn around on the field which ends in at least a winning record and maybe even requiring slipping into the playoffs. There's no way they keep him if our record is mediocre (6 to 8 wins).

You get to have it both ways - hope we kick a** on Sundays and if we don't you know your most hated man will be gone without a doubt.

Think about it - Jauron is going to be fired for certain unless we have a total turn around on the field which ends in at least a winning record and maybe even requiring slipping into the playoffs. There's no way they keep him if our record is mediocre (6 to 8 wins).

You get to have it both ways - hope we kick a** on Sundays and if we don't you know your most hated man will be gone without a doubt.

You must be new here. Ralph is going to use any excuse he can find to keep DJ around, he just signed him to an extension a few months ago. I can see it turning out like it did with Al Davis and the Raiders wanting their coach to resign so they wouldn't have to keep paying him. Ralph tried some cheap crap when he got rid of Wade Phillips trying not to pay him what he owed him. Obviously Jauron hasn't done anything that anyone outside the organization knows about that would void his contract. If he does fire him and has to keep paying him for the next two seasons after this one, you can count on a really inexpensive coach coming in here. Ralph is a Depression Era coach and will only spend what he has to in order to field a team, regardless of the quality of the team or the organization for that matter.

i agree. It's really unlikely that Jauron will be fired anytime soon. I assumed going into this season that Jauron would be fired after the season if we didn't make the playoffs. At this point, I'm hoping we get a well qualified GM to run the team and I really don't care who is coaching. It doesn't matter to me if he's an anonymous assistant coach somewhere or someone like Cowher.

You must be new here. Ralph is going to use any excuse he can find to keep DJ around, he just signed him to an extension a few months ago. I can see it turning out like it did with Al Davis and the Raiders wanting their coach to resign so they wouldn't have to keep paying him. Ralph tried some cheap crap when he got rid of Wade Phillips trying not to pay him what he owed him. Obviously Jauron hasn't done anything that anyone outside the organization knows about that would void his contract. If he does fire him and has to keep paying him for the next two seasons after this one, you can count on a really inexpensive coach coming in here. Ralph is a Depression Era coach and will only spend what he has to in order to field a team, regardless of the quality of the team or the organization for that matter.

Actually, it was a year ago.

I have some prime real estate in Florida for sale too .. interested?

God forbid we get to 6 to 8 wins ... then it's "We had a young team, especially on the offensive line and alot of injuries. Trent struggled some early, but then it all came together and the team was able to finish strong" ... and he stays. :w00t::w00t::w00t::lol::w00t::wacko:B-):cry::bag::(

I want to see the Bills win games, but ultimately I do not want to see the team give Wilson any excuse to hold on to Jauron. Kind of a double edged sword.

I am at the point where I realize that I have to take my medicine and it's going to taste really bad.

That medicine is Bills losses.

But, it is to cure the disease that infects OBD. You swallow it to get better in the long run.

I have some prime real estate in Florida for sale too .. interested?

God forbid we get to 6 to 8 wins ... then it's "We had a young team, especially on the offensive line and alot of injuries. Trent struggled some early, but then it all came together and the team was able to finish strong" ... and he stays. :w00t::w00t::w00t::lol::w00t::wacko:B-):cry::bag::(

Actually, if this suck ass collection of players and offensive coordinator can get 6-8 wins under Jauron I'd vote him coach of the year.

well I'll be happy to eat crow if I'm wrong. But I don't think I am. They know it's marketing suicide to keep him unless the season is totally turned around. They won't play the same hand they played last year - the public is too angry this time.

Ralph knows. He gave Jauron another year and Ralph was too embarrassed to even have a halftime ring ceremony. Why do people think Ralph has all kinds of loyalty to coaches? - we've had 4 this decade already.

Awesome avatar!

well I'll be happy to eat crow if I'm wrong. But I don't think I am. They know it's marketing suicide to keep him unless the season is totally turned around. They won't play the same hand they played last year - the public is too angry this time.

Ralph knows. He gave Jauron another year and Ralph was too embarrassed to even have a halftime ring ceremony. Why do people think Ralph has all kinds of loyalty to coaches? - we've had 4 this decade already.

People set up certain boundaries of what is acceptable for an NFL team to do and not lose its fan base, etc. One of these is that DJ has to go unless he makes the playoffs, etc. These are not RW's boundaries and he runs things. He never said DJ had to make the playoffs to survive.

As far as the marketing disaster, etc., you could say we crossed some point a long time ago where fans would be totally disgusted. We haven't made the playoffs in now 10 straight years! Fans are still going to games and season tickets sales peaked this year with DJ back again. All OBD has to do is draft a QB with a first round pick, sign another FA like TO, or even hire some new hot shot OC with some new fancy offensive game plan to get the fans revved up again. We, as fans, are a lot more gullible than you give us credit for.

And RW's loyalty is not to coaches but his loyalty is to contracts where his money is guaranteed for the said coaches.

I'm sick of Jauron but if I ran the Bills even i would not fire him right now. Think about it. The Bills have all the ticket revenue for 2009 and have sold as many season tickets and club seats as they can. AFter the season, they can fire Dick...make a huge splash with a new coaching hire and build their offseason marketing campaign around it. Many of the season ticket and club seat holders that were about to drop, will renew because of the "fresh new regime" running the team. Just from a business standpoint, it makes no sense to dump him now.

Well, I gotta' agree w/ zow2. Business-wise, that strategy makes a great deal of sense.

Jauron has survived three 7 - 9 seasons, even got rewarded after the third one, so why not keep him around 'til it makes marketing sense to make a change. That, and given it is blatantly obvious that no one at the top of OBD really cares about wins, fans, etc. for the remainder of the 2009 - 2010 season.

i agree. It's really unlikely that Jauron will be fired anytime soon. I assumed going into this season that Jauron would be fired after the season if we didn't make the playoffs. At this point, I'm hoping we get a well qualified GM to run the team and I really don't care who is coaching. It doesn't matter to me if he's an anonymous assistant coach somewhere or someone like Cowher.

I think that was the assumption but I think it was also assumed that we would be hovering around .500 for most of the season. There is a point where the team could be so bad that I wouldn't be surprised if Ralph dumped him before the end of the season. That would depend more on who he can hire and whether they would be willing to jump in and take over with 5 or 6 left to play. Its unlikley but Ralph is a bit on the crotchety side, he has been known to lose his temper and tip over the apple cart on occasion.

Bills fans just want the team to be competitive and relevant.

This will NOT happen with Jauron as coach.

Therefore, anything that helps keep him here longer just puts off the day when we will see winning football.

Jauron has a few defenders left. I'm sure Norv Turner and Wade Phillips do too. All are "nice guys" with soft, underachieving teams.