Parrish is “finished” in Buffalo

bills_red

I said this a long time ago, and I got lambasted by some, Roscoe is expendable. He is a below average WR, and a terrific PR, but we already have another good punt returner and we have 4 wr's that are better. Hopefully we can get a 5th rounder, but with the deadline looming, we probably could only get a 6th, unless there are teams bidding on him.

Amen .... feel free to see every post I ever put up about the guy and I echo your thoughts. He had value as a returner but he stunk that part of his game up this year. The Bills would have been smarter to have moved him in the offseason when there was perceived value.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like many of you guys will get your wish. For the Bills sake, I hope that they are able to trade him out of the division. If he ends up on a team like NE, it might be a case of watch out what you wish for . . . .

I fully expect him to do well for another team. I also predict that when this is pointed out, the bashers will say (as they have done with Peters), why are we talking about players who do not play for the Bills.

I have been one of his biggest defenders on this board. If he is gone, it will be interesting to see what he can do on a team that actually wants him on the team (and presumably will know how to use him).

It seems like many of you guys will get your wish. For the Bills sake, I hope that they are able to trade him out of the division. If he ends up on a team like NE, it might be a case of watch out what you wish for . . . .

I fully expect him to do well for another team. I also predict that when this is pointed out, the bashers will say (as they have done with Peters), why are we talking about players who do not play for the Bills.

I have been one of his biggest defenders on this board. If he is gone, it will be interesting to see what he can do on a team that actually wants him on the team (and presumably will know how to use him).

IMO, that's the biggest issue with Parish (and a few other players on our roster). For whatever reason - lack of talent, lack of coaching - he's not producing. He's essentially an expensive punt returner and even those skills have seemed to diminish. So, does the team end up better cutting him?

Regardless of what he does on another team, he's not doing anything as a WR here. So why not try to trade him? IMO, you can't talk about his potential any more. Those years have come and gone. He needs to be producing on the field. He's not. Time to move on.

To debate his value to the team is similar to debating the value of that really nice suit in your closet that you wore to your Aunt's wedding 4 years ago. Does it really matter if you give it away? Doesn't matter how nice it looks on you or someone else, you're not wearing it. Might as well make room in the closet for something you know you'll be wearing.

I said this a long time ago, and I got lambasted by some, Roscoe is expendable. He is a below average WR, and a terrific PR, but we already have another good punt returner and we have 4 wr's that are better. Hopefully we can get a 5th rounder, but with the deadline looming, we probably could only get a 6th, unless there are teams bidding on him.

He hasn't even been a decent on punt returns this year. He's (non) playing his way out of Buffalo, perhaps on purpose.

The fact that Parrish was declared inactive in yesterday's game spoke volumes. With James Hardy scheduled to return to practice on Wednesday, Parrish is the odd man out.

Now Steve Johnson will get an opportunity.

How? If they put Hardy onto the roster to replace Parrish (If he is traded), they would have to make another move to make room for Johnson.

As for Parrish, didn't he not practice all week last week? Wasn't that why he was inactive Sunday? Thats what I thought they said on the pregame

Roscoe is a good return man nothing more.

I was with everybody who was saying keep Roscoe but not now. He has asked for a trade since the preseason and the Bills should get something for him.

Anything less than a 4rd pick the Bills are gonna get ripped off.

If he is nothing more than a good return man (which I agree with), and everyone knows they are desperate to deal him (I am assuming you agree here), why would anyone pay a 4th-round pick or higher for him?

They have no leverage and are trying to trade a guy who plays about 10 plays a game ... if the Bills traded a 4th rounder for a guy like that wouldn't you say they overpaid?

They have no leverage and are trying to trade a guy who plays about 10 plays a game ... if the Bills traded a 4th rounder for a guy like that wouldn't you say they overpaid?

Badly.

The Bills will be lucky to get a sixth for him and they should jump at that offer if it comes.

The Bills will trade Parrish if they can fax the trade in to the NFL offices in time, and if another team is willing to part with even their 7th round pick in '10's draft!! :bag:

you must be speaking of the 3010 draft

Give Parrish a ST coach who knows what to do without the use of the wedge blocking scheme, and he'll probably get two or three TD runbacks for his new team. Watch. April was a one-trick pony, and the evidence was obviously compelling enough for the league to change the rules, and look what his ST unit looks like with the wedge now illegal.

Give Parrish a ST coach who knows what to do without the use of the wedge blocking scheme, and he'll probably get two or three TD runbacks for his new team. Watch. April was a one-trick pony, and the evidence was obviously compelling enough for the league to change the rules, and look what his ST unit looks like with the wedge now illegal.

Wait... you're saying the league changed the rules to screw with April?

Wait... you're saying the league changed the rules to screw with April?

Even HE said so much when the rule came down and he was interviewed about it. Yes he did. Pretty sure he said that the Bills were the only team using the wedge.

Then add a pick for inticement and see what's available at LB. Merriman?? I read where SD is listening to offers, though Sproles is their returner.

We're desparate for LB's, Imo.

We do need LBs but San Diego won't trade Merriman. They are hurting themselves at LB. Besides, Merriman is not the same player he was before. Maybe his knee is still healing but either way he's not the same. Hopefully the Bills FO will wake up and take a LB in the draft.

Even HE said so much when the rule came down and he was interviewed about it. Yes he did. Pretty sure he said that the Bills were the only team using the wedge.

Actually, April said that their avalanche onsides kick was the reason for that rule change, not the wedge rule change. The Bills ran a 3 man wedge and some other teams ran as much as a 5 man. In fact, most NFL teams ran a 3-5 man wedge, which was the reason for the rule change. Everybody used them and there were alot of special teams injuries due to the opposing teams trying to "break" through them by running somebody at the middle.

Calling April a 1 trick pony is such an amateur comment. Best special teams unit in the NFL 3 out of the last 5 years, with April winning ST coach of the year twice in that span. This year so far has definitely been the exception to that, rather than the rest of the league catching up to him or him slipping.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1...bd-c8b39a5b0f4e

gotta love people who just make stuff up :bag: