Should Fred get the bulk of the carries?

zow2

I know a few times yesterday, especially late in the game Fred picked some some critical 3rd down conversions. When he runs between the tackles he is such a DOWNHILL runner. I love that style. In the NFL you can't have any wasted motion as a RB. Marshawn on the other hand fights hard, but he still shifts his weight too often on his feet...almost like a stutter step. That just kills him. I mean on 3rd and short he runs right and stops, starts, and gets nailed for a 2 yard loss. I know Lynch is talented but IMO, he's not as good a pure RB as Fred right now.

Beware...the "Beast Mode" worshipers will react hysterically to such comments.

Lynch is better, hate to break it to you. Lynch turns 1 yard losses into 10 yards gains. Lynch is never brought down by the first tackler. Jackson is good, but he is second to Lynch.

I know a few times yesterday, especially late in the game Fred picked some some critical 3rd down conversions. When he runs between the tackles he is such a DOWNHILL runner. I love that style. In the NFL you can't have any wasted motion as a RB. Marshawn on the other hand fights hard, but he still shifts his weight too often on his feet...almost like a stutter step. That just kills him. I mean on 3rd and short he runs right and stops, starts, and gets nailed for a 2 yard loss. I know Lynch is talented but IMO, he's not as good a pure RB as Fred right now.

Yes, he should. Follows his blockers better and lets the play develop.

Lynch is better, hate to break it to you. Lynch turns 1 yard losses into 10 yards gains. Lynch is never brought down by the first tackler. Jackson is good, but he is second to Lynch.

Maybe my eyes deceive me, but he went nowhere on a lot of runs, and it only took one guy to tackle him on a lot of others.

You cannot be watching the same games as I am. I have been a fan of Lynch since before he ws drafted, but since the game at Washington, Jackson has been out-performing Lynch on a very consistent basis. I don't even need to know the stats to know that. But this season, Jackson has a respectable average of 4.2 yards per carry while Lynch averages just 3.0 per carry. And last season, Jackson had a 4.4 average versus Lynch's 4.0.

Jackson finds and hits the holes smoothly, turning and churning up-field. While Lynch seems to find contact with defenders at the LOS every carry.

NO, Lynch should get the carries. Lynch is 23, and fred jackson is 29. Lynch is the future, so give him the bulk of the carries.

I watched the game, and thought jackson was ineffective when he got carries. Just my opinion, but give the ball to Lynch

You cannot be watching the same games as I am. I have been a fan of Lynch since before he ws drafted, but since the game at Washington, Jackson has been out-performing Lynch on a very consistent basis. I don't even need to know the stats to know that. But this season, Jackson has a respectable average of 4.2 yards per carry while Lynch averages just 3.0 per carry. And last season, Jackson had a 4.4 average versus Lynch's 4.0.

Jackson finds and hits the holes smoothly, turning and churning up-field. While Lynch seems to find contact with defenders at the LOS every carry.

do you think that had anything to do with the suspension and lack of 1st team reps? Or you just wanna play dumb?

I think the only way to go with it is rotate them until it is clear who is hot that given game and give them the majority of the carries. You are always going to wanna rotate them to a point though, keeping them both from being over used is critical. The team has more problems than this country's healthcare, but we are fortunate to have two excellent running backs. It is one of the few areas on this team where they don't need to improve drastically at.

Does someone have to start this thread every week? Enough already of the same crap...

Fred's better

No, Marshawn's better.

No, give it to the hot hand.

We're lucky to have them both.

Yes, we should split the carries and keep them fresh.

End of thread...

Does someone have to start this thread every week? Enough already of the same crap...

Fred's better

No, Marshawn's better.

No, give it to the hot hand.

We're lucky to have them both.

Yes, we should split the carries and keep them fresh.

End of thread...

When has Lynch been in the top of the NFL stats for RB's. He has barely gotten 1000 yards each of his seasons. When Jackson replaced Lynch because of his indiscresions, Jackson finished 2nd in the league in all purpose yards and 4th in rushing. Lynch hasn't even been close in even his best 3 days in 2.2 years. Lynch would compliment Jackson better than the other way around. The argument that Jackson is 29 and Lynch 23 actually works the other way around, Jackson is in his prime now. Use him while his body is fresh and he gives you stats like the first 3 games. I will take the body of work by the running backs the 1st 3 games than what has happened the last 3 games. Even Thurman believes Jackson is better for this team right now. Get Real people!!!!

Maybe my eyes deceive me, but he went nowhere on a lot of runs, and it only took one guy to tackle him on a lot of others.

Lynch's single biggest problem is that he tries to cut back...and when he does, he looks like Michael Moore chasing a bacon-double-cheeseburger. Lynch has no lateral agility whatsoever.

I said it yesterday, if he were coached to make ONE cut and run straight ahead, he'd be much better. He'd do well in Denver's system. As it stands, though, Jackson's better suited for the Bills' "offense".

Jackson should be in on all short yardage situations. He is much better, at this point in time, at picking up the 3rd and 4th and 1's. Goes straight ahead with power, while Lynch likes to dance a little too much. I like the combo, but I don't think they have been put in the right situation. Looks like more of an every other series thing, rather than situational usage. This could be a great comnbination if used correctly.

I want to just give it to the hot hand.

+1. Both guys are really good, to the point where whoever's more effective on a given day is the guy who should get more work. I think Marshawn's a little better overall, but at this stage of their careers, the gap is miniscule.