VOTE NO FOR DICK JAURON

Ball on the 50, 4:30 left in the game. They move the ball 20 yards and play for a 46 yard FG into the wind for the win. On that alone, he should be fired. How do you not try to get closer? We had a minute left and let the clock run down while running the ball once??

Ball on the 50, 4:30 left in the game. They move the ball 20 yards and play for a 46 yard FG into the wind for the win. On that alone, he should be fired. How do you not try to get closer? We had a minute left and let the clock run down while running the ball once??

You'd think he would have learned from the MNF Cleveland game last year when he did the exact same thing...

That's what worries me about this almost meanless win, I means Dick stays for a little longer.

Meanless win? I suppose you meant "meaningless," so I'll ask this: how "meaningless" is it if they lose yet another Division game? In fact since when did ANY Division game become "meaningless?"

You'd think he would have learned from the MNF Cleveland game last year when he did the exact same thing...

Exactly!!! Holy :thumbsup: was I screaming. And then he does it again in overtime after the horrible refjob. The guy just doesn't learn. It's beyond comprehension that he can set up for a long FG, into the wind.

Needless to say, I voted no.

You are right on.

The play calling in this game was typical of so many others. The only thing more obvious than the "play not to lose" strategy was first down runs up the middle for one or two yards. Fortunately, after so many last minute losses (attributable to the play calling as much as the execution on the field), this game was the rare exception, where the strategy actually produced a win.

Of course, we needed a little help, like Sanchez's worst performance ever, a total of six interceptions, a missed field goal, a dozen opponent penalties, and a few key injuries (especially Jennings and Woody). In spite of the coaching decisions, the players did just enough to squeak one out.

Now in the euphoric aftermath of this game, is anyone willing to bet that they will reach the same lofty record (7 & 9) as the last three seasons? If so, I've got some Florida swampland for sale for you. Come to think of it, my house is right next to it. Hmmmm... :worthy:

I 100% agree with you. I was in awe of a guy who didn't want to move the ball and try to get better field positioning.

Dan, why do you ask questions that you already know the answers to?

It's tough to win in the NFL.

We just wanted to have a chance to win the game.

Our guys played really hard, they played hard.

It does beg the question though...how much of that was Dick and how much AVP? Crappy end to regulation that thankfully turned out OK (which reinforces Dick's belief that you just gotta keep it close yadda yadda yadda).