Who's watching Tony Pike right now on ESPN?

With all the talk about how we need to draft a QB in next year's draft, Tony Pike is a senior and has drastically improved his draft status with a great senior campaign.

Right now he's 11/19 for 128 yards and 2 TDs.

I've been flipping between this game and the NLCS, but Tony Pike has looked decent. He kinda reminds me of a weaker armed version of Joe Flacco. His receivers have made some pretty good plays, and Pike hasn't been perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but he has made some great throws.

With all the talk about how we need to draft a QB in next year's draft, Tony Pike is a senior and has drastically improved his draft status with a great senior campaign.

Right now he's 11/19 for 128 yards and 2 TDs.

I've been flipping between this game and the NLCS, but Tony Pike has looked decent. He kinda reminds me of a weaker armed version of Joe Flacco. His receivers have made some pretty good plays, and Pike hasn't been perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but he has made some great throws.

I am watching, im very impressed. He has a great arm and throws even on the run to where only the receiver can catch the ball. He throws ahead of the receiver anticipating the route. And seems to have a great grasp of the game.

The thing to remember with him is that he hasn't done a lot of playing, but I don't think that's a negative with him. He is a fifth year senior, but played backup until injury let him play. He plays hurt...with a broken arm. Looks great to me so far.

Looks like he tried to play with the arm injury at the start of the 2nd half, but now, he's on the sideline with an icepack on it and the backup QB just took it 75 yards to the house on a QB keeper on 3rd and long.

That arm injury can't help him in the draft. The same injury as last year...has to make him fall.

I watched most of the first half and I was actually quite disappointed. I was expecting a much better arm from what I have heard. His passes didn't seem to have "NFL zip" alhough it was probably adequate. The offense has him taking every snap from the shotgun formation and making one read. He never checked off the first receiver to a second option. It was quick snap and throw. He looks to have some potential but not a first round talent off of the half of football that I saw.

would be nice if we could draft LT round 1, Pike round 2, RT round 3

we can always dream can't we?

We can't afford to draft a QB in round 1....He won't stand a chance and will be a waste. Need to rebuild our tackles. Butler will be back next year, then he'll get hurt again. He' be an expensive backup lt, lg, c, rg , rt

we need the depth we're bound to lose at least 2 starting OL a year.

I watched most of the first half and I was actually quite disappointed. I was expecting a much better arm from what I have heard. His passes didn't seem to have "NFL zip" alhough it was probably adequate. The offense has him taking every snap from the shotgun formation and making one read. He never checked off the first receiver to a second option. It was quick snap and throw. He looks to have some potential but not a first round talent off of the half of football that I saw.

I agree. He was very accurate but the ball was never on a frozen rope and some of the sideline routes he threw are pick sixes in the NFL. I will say however it looked more like he has the arm strength, but wasnt using it? Strange to say but it looked more like he was putting a lot of touch on passes that should have been darts. Good QB but I dont think he has much to offer in the NFL at this point (I only saw the first half of tonights game, and this was the first game of his I have seen) I liked the Cinncy QB from last year more, I forget his name.

He was all right but hardly a guy I'd think is a franchise savior. There aren't really any studs in this draft except possibly Locker. We'll see how Clausen actually does against a good defense on Saturday. A sleeper I like is Dan Lefevour of Central Michigan.

Bottomline is that we should all pray that Trent has some great awakening for the rest of the season. Odds are the the Qb answer isn't in this draft and our picks could be used for improving the team in other positions (o and d lines).

I agree. He was very accurate but the ball was never on a frozen rope and some of the sideline routes he threw are pick sixes in the NFL. I will say however it looked more like he has the arm strength, but wasnt using it? Strange to say but it looked more like he was putting a lot of touch on passes that should have been darts. Good QB but I dont think he has much to offer in the NFL at this point (I only saw the first half of tonights game, and this was the first game of his I have seen) I liked the Cinncy QB from last year more, I forget his name.

You might be thinking of 2007, and QB Ben Mauk.

He was an authentic football maniac...great fun to watch - he tossed 31 tds in '07. he'd turn down a sure 15, 20 yard pass if he though he could nail a longer one, all the time. And ran around like a chicken with a bucket of boiling water flung at its' fanny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Mauk

He was all right but hardly a guy I'd think is a franchise savior. There aren't really any studs in this draft except possibly Locker. We'll see how Clausen actually does against a good defense on Saturday. A sleeper I like is Dan Lefevour of Central Michigan.

Bottomline is that we should all pray that Trent has some great awakening for the rest of the season. Odds are the the Qb answer isn't in this draft and our picks could be used for improving the team in other positions (o and d lines).

This guy's done for the season.

Draft picks to improve O and D lines? Hmmmmm. We just did that.

Draft picks to improve O and D lines? Hmmmmm. We just did that.

Yes, and this barely scratched the surface of team needs.

Maybin was high risk....most upside/biggest downside. We drafted 2 guards who will be very good imo, and this is shockingly good news.

This leaves us with a huge mess at both Tackle spots on offense, a huge need for more help at DT, and another DE wouldn't hurt either. Our linebackers are tiny little non-entities. As NFL teams go, we field a small, weak team. The Bills will never be any good until they address these issues.

That was pretty much my assessment as well. As far as arm strength is concerned, I was greatly disappointed. I'd heard a lot of hype, but watching this game, I'd rate him no better than 'above average' in that category. He fired that 2nd TD pass, and that made me reconsider his arm strength a bit, but the rest weren't much. He threw a lot of floaters, and was lucky one of those quick WR screens wasn't six for the other team. His accuracy was pretty good, although he did throw a few too high, and he does have surprisingly mobility. I'll have to watch him play again, if he does this season, but right now, I think he's closer to being a mid-round guy than a borderline 1st.

You might be thinking of 2007, and QB Ben Mauk.

He was an authentic football maniac...great fun to watch - he tossed 31 tds in '07. he'd turn down a sure 15, 20 yard pass if he though he could nail a longer one, all the time. And ran around like a chicken with a bucket of boiling water flung at its' fanny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Mauk

Whatever happened to that Ultra-Italian QB Cincy used to have? Gino something?